• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So who does Xander Mobus play? I know that Leon is voiced by Alejandro Saab but I’m not sure who this other guy plays

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That's...exactly what I meant by pigeonholing him.
oh, I thought you meant something else by pigeonholing (then I tried to check on google, and I didn't find anything relevant to this for pigeonholing, and only then I thought about tvtropes)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Picked the best time to use that word, clearly!
Wait, is there another reason why people are upset about this change, aside from thinking it’s a weird/stupid name?

Personally, I don’t like it since “World Championships” sound cooler (plus World Monarch sounds bad too), but in the end it’s not that big a deal & I can live with it

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That's...exactly what I meant by pigeonholing him.

Just like how J. Michael Tatum voices a lot of glasses-wearing characters.
Ironically, the only two characters he voiced in Pokemon doesn't wear glasses (Tobias and Damon).

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Speaking of sounding more British, I find myself disappointed at how Leon doesn't have a British accent. Any British accent would have satisfied me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Is he going full Smash Bros. as the announcer? I hope so, Caster wasn't the best voice for an announcer in the Alola league
he doesn't sound like his SSB voice, but he still does a great announcer voice

Shotgunrain

Wait, is there another reason why people are upset about this change, aside from thinking it’s a weird/stupid name?

Personally, I don’t like it since “World Championships” sound cooler (plus World Monarch sounds bad too), but in the end it’s not that big a deal & I can live with it
Because it’s called the World CORONAtion Series. I don’t think people are really upset about the name though, it’s just funny in a weird way.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
the shot at the beginning of each episode, where Pikachu rolls around with a Poké Ball, bumps it, it opens, and the words "A Netflix Original Series" come out of the Poké Ball

Is that a dub original animation? Or was it used for something else in the Japanese and it gets repurposed here by netflix?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
the shot at the beginning of each episode, where Pikachu rolls around with a Poké Ball, bumps it, it opens, and the words "A Netflix Original Series" come out of the Poké Ball

Is that a dub original animation? Or was it used for something else in the Japanese and it gets repurposed here by netflix?
It's for the episode titles

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

RetroPokeFan

Speaking of sounding more British, I find myself disappointed at how Leon doesn't have a British accent. Any British accent would have satisfied me.
I’m actually kind of happy they didn’t because if they didn’t play their cards right with the accents it would have boarded on Ni no Kuni (the film, not the games) levels of bad. Just listen to Kyle McCarley’s Welsh accent in it and you’ll never want to sleep again.

but the episode title has a different animation?
The dub title card uses the next episode preview footage seen at the end. The actual intro (the Pikachu/Pokéball one) is the episode title card intro in Japan but instead they used it for the Netflix Original Series banner.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
A question for my fellow dub watchers. I'm debating right now if I should just watch one new episode a week, or if I should watch them all at once. On one hand, I hate the idea of going several months without any new Pokémon episodes, but on the other, it already sucks enough being so far behind the Japanese version, and I would hate to feel perpetually behind on the dub as well. What are you guys doing?

My lord, I hate this airing schedule...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
A question for my fellow dub watchers. I'm debating right now if I should just watch one new episode a week, or if I should watch them all at once. On one hand, I hate the idea of going several months without any new Pokémon episodes, but on the other, it already sucks enough being so far behind the Japanese version, and I would hate to feel perpetually behind on the dub as well. What are you guys doing?

My lord, I hate this airing schedule...
I’ve started watching the sub version along with the dub ever since XY so I wouldn’t fall behind, also because I really hated the dub music changes back then. There were times when I slowly shifted more towards the sub version over the years & began watching the dub version to compare certain scenes or battles, but lately I’ve been getting back to watching more of the dub again since the quality of everything is getting better.

As for whether you should watch all the new episodes now, it all depends on what you want. For me, I hate binge watching, but I made an exception this time since I was excited for the dub to come out and the sub anime is back from hiatus, so I don’t have to worry about running out of new episodes. If I was you, I’d suggest watching one episode a week since the second part won’t air until September, but it depends on whether or not you want to stay up to date more

Last edited: