• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs
Eh, I don’t mind all that much since I was perfectly fine with getting up to episode 24 before. If anything, that just makes me more excited for December/January knowing all the stuff that we’re going to get in episodes 25-36
Indeed. And that goes for me, too.
Also, I see the tendency to want to be mad at the dub for literally anything at all hasn't disappeared. One of these days, they'll be angry that no one in the dub is speaking Japanese.

RetroPokeFan

Second batch of episodes are now up on Netflix.

Some of the returning VA’s and newcomers to the show include Sean Schemmel (ep14), Amber May (ep15), Danielle McRae (ep15), Cedric L. Williams (eps16, 18), Jake Paque, Rebeka Thomas (ep18), Rob Morrison (Roger Callagy), Christian Banas (ep24) , Phillip Thompson (ep24) and Mike Pollock (ep24).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wasn't that big a fan of episode 14, but I think it was more-so because the dialogue sounded a little clunky in order to keep up with the mouth flaps & match the original lines. However, I still wish they kept the chief excavator's "Enchanting" gag since it didn't make sense for his eyes to get all sparkly whenever he talked about having an adventure

I also saw the ending of episode 22 on Twitter &, while the guitar music at the very end kind of ruined the mood, everything else was amazing! Between Zeno & Sarah's performances and Goldfarb's score, the dub tugged at my heartstrings better than the original version did. That whole scene was practically perfect T_T

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

So just finished watching the new 12 dub episodes, honestly have to say, the dub is so good this time around. This takes me back to BW days, where i can easily watch either the sub or dub unlike XY and SM where the dub was just bad and sub was way preferable. All the voices fit perfectly and even though some music choices are still iffy, i like it for the most part, not to mention that the opening theme is finally good like the theme songs till BW. The only thing i dislike ig is how they chose 12 episodes only, ep 24 was such an anticlimatic episode to end it on, whereas ep 25 would have been an amazing climax, seriously, what were they thinking? The only reason i can think of is that they didnt want ep 26, which was something.... , to be the opener of the next batch of episodes, which is a stupid reason. Ep 25 would have been a great finish to the second batch of episodes, and ep 37 for the third batch. Also i dont like some of the titles, they are dumb like the japanese ones. All in all, really happy with Journeys dubbing work!

AuraChannelerChris

The Dragon / "Dog"
The only thing i dislike ig is how they chose 12 episodes only, ep 24 was such an anticlimatic episode to end it on, whereas ep 25 would have been an amazing climax, seriously, what were they thinking? The only reason i can think of is that they didnt want ep 26, which was something.... , to be the opener of the next batch of episodes, which is a stupid reason. Ep 25 would have been a great finish to the second batch of episodes, and ep 37 for the third batch.
They can't say no to the rules they were given...or made for themselves...I don't know how it works.

Just don't trust what Sarah says.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

They can't say no to the rules they were given...or made for themselves...I don't know how it works.

Just don't trust what Sarah says.
Idk how 12 episodes for a batch is a mandatory rule, it can easily be altered to adjust for one or more episodes, and Sarah could have been mistaken, maybe the dub for ep25 has been completed as she said but Netflix didn't release it with the second batch, let's not assume that she lied

NintenDuvo

Idk how 12 episodes for a batch is a mandatory rule, it can easily be altered to adjust for one or more episodes, and Sarah could have been mistaken, maybe the dub for ep25 has been completed as she said but Netflix didn't release it with the second batch, let's not assume that she lied
Yeah thats what i feel has happened, that when recording they may have stopped at 25 for the next batch and so she just assumed it was coming with the others

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
"Sobbing Sobble"
That's... literally a direct translation of the Japanese, wow. I mean I remember remarking before that TPCi could translate that title 100% directly and still have it actually fit their usual naming conventions while being a perfectly sound adaptation of the JP ("Mesomeso Messon"), but based on their past track record I unironically expected them to do literally anything but.

All this to say TPCi did what I thought they should do and this is a rare enough occurrence that I am legit surprised by it.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So does ep 26 only have a single title now? Why?
Could be just a title for the first half I guess, with the second half having a different title not yet released. Because that title does sound like it could be just the Magikarp half.