• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
To the surprise of probably nobody, Movie 23 is not going to be called "Coco" in English. The title is "Secrets of the Jungle." Which is a complete departure from the original title but I reckon Disney probably would not be terribly happy with TPCi if they left the title alone.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

#Dracovish2021 Y'all don't get to bully the fish
To the surprise of probably nobody, Movie 23 is not going to be called "Coco" in English. The title is "Secrets of the Jungle." Which is a complete departure from the original title but I reckon Disney probably would not be terribly happy with TPCi if they left the title alone.
I mean Coco isn't a good title anyway so I don't mind the new dub title.

RetroPokeFan

Jenny Yokobori is in Episode 32 (the first one without Ash and Pikachu at all).

This is also it for the UK premieres as tomorrow POP will be going back to Episode 1.

mehmeh1

SOBA MASK
One bummer I have of watching the sub rather than the latin american dub is not being able to hear Jamememes

RetroPokeFan

Returning VA’s and newcomers for Part 3 includes Luis Alfonso, Daman Mills, Brittany Cox, Kira Buckland, Jenny Yokobori, Lipica Shah, Sandy Fox, Danny Kramer, Eddy Lee, Emily Cramer, James Weaver Clark and Tiana Camacho.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
The miniseries have always used different actors than the main TV show.
Doesn't mean she didn't have the chance. Doesn't mean her being Bea got her disqualified either.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been catching up with the dub & finally saw episode 24. It could be mostly because I miss accents in the anime, but I like how Jessie & James have a southern twang when in disguise more than how they just kept saying "M'lad" in the sub version

A few of my other thoughts on the dub:
  • Holy crap! We actually have accents back in the anime! Seeing Team Rocket do it in 24 was a treat, but we have several of them between the truck driver, Sonia, Ask-King & Goh-King, and the two gangorou girls
  • Still bummed when they took out scores based on the music from the games, but for everything else Goldfarb’s scores were great & fit well with several scenes. At least they kept the gym battle theme for Leon & Raihan’s match
  • There are a few subtle nods in the dub that were carried over from the sub such as the gentleman from the trading episode naming his Farfetch’d “Dux” (a great reference to Red & Blue)
  • Delia & Ash’s singing voices sounded better than I thought they would
  • Lisa Ortiz sounded a little off voicing Korrina, but I thought she sounded great as both Chloe’s mom & Krickatina Kylie

Last edited: