• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Trey pokes

We got our Ash VS Leon Dub titles! JN129's called A Flood of Torrential Gains! This borrows the JP title's Torrent name. Don't have JN130's title for some reason but, we do have JN131's Paring Pokemon While Parrying. JN132's final title is I kid you not Partners in Time! Referencing my favourite Mario RPG! Also, because someone's going to say it, 131's title yes is Alliterative but has meaning to it, Paring means cutting or weakening something down such as Ash weakening down Leon and Parrying means evading or dodging in this case any of Leon's Pokémon incoming attacks.

Trey pokes

SO, I'm incredibly late to say this but, JN136's finale title is called "These Could Be The Starts Of Something Big!". The title is in reference to Steve Allen's classic song This could be the start of something big from 1956. That was the good news, unfortunately the bad news is quite severe. James Carter Cathcart has officially announced on his CaringBridge health page that he has retired from Pokémon in general i.e voice acting and script writing. He's been dealing with throat cancer for a while now and the guy needs a quite a bit of chemo therapy, factor in the other things that has been happening to him in recent years like breast cancer and well the fact he turns 70 next year, yeah. Hope he gets better but, this means the dub might change quite a bit as a result of all this. Even his page mentions how the Horizons series is so different that changes were going to happen.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Who the freaking hell is going to go "oh, that!" to an obscure reference like that in a freakin' anime for little children, especially if the current children watching have far less chances to connect the dots.

Wishing good luck to James, though.

NintenDuvo

OMG i pray he gets better and i guess this means for the finale we going to have a different Gary Oak, wouldve been nice to have one voice from a character to episode one to the last