• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh god..... those dub titles.
And I thought my fanfic chapter titles were horrible. These are very cringe worthy.

Episode 3 airs next week

Not in the US it doesn't. Disney is probably waiting until they have enough to air a new episode every day, like they're doing with Milo Murphy's Law all this month.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, I guess we can safely say that Disney XD wants to air new episodes in batches in like a Monday to Friday business schedule (except holidays) rather than one new episode a week this time for the United States.

How fast does TPCi dub the episodes, anyway? Do they start dubbing them as soon as the writers finish producing them in Japan? We know it's not until after they aired in Japan, because we wouldn't have had those first two episodes of XY and SM that quick.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
dub titles for SM3&4 revealed.

SM3: Loading the Dex!
SM4: First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-style!

The SM003 title is decent given what happens in that episode, although the SM004 title sounds odd cuz of the 'Ketchum' reference. I'm just glad that the newer dub titles aren't as bad as some of the past pun titles tho.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Because Disney XD apparently doesn't want to do one new episode per week and instead is doing one giant rerun of XY to give them time to dub new episodes and release them in big batches, Yokai Watch style.

So expect the Japan releases to stay ahead of us 50 episodes from now on.

Not necessarily. When we start getting 6 episodes a week while Japan stays on 1 episode a week. We'll catch up.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
That is going to be horrible timing indeed. All the other countries would have started their SM dub well by then.

Looks like Disney XD's attempt to air the SM episodes in bulk is already a problem for those who only watch the dub AND hate having to wait a long time for the new episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That is going to be horrible timing indeed. All the other countries would have started their SM dub well by then.

Looks like Disney XD's attempt to air the SM episodes in bulk is already a problem for those who only watch the dub AND hate having to wait a long time for the new episodes.

It really doesn't help that they play the SM episodes in the bumper while not actually showing any of them.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It would have been better if they just aired SM episodes on Saturdays while rerunning XY episodes throughout the week. I wonder if this will negatively impact the ratings since the episodes will probably be online way before they're aired on Disney XD

I also hope this is just a one time thing and that this doesn't happen every year from now on.

TheWanderingMist

It would have been better if they just aired SM episodes on Saturdays while rerunning XY episodes throughout the week. I wonder if this will negatively impact the ratings since the episodes will probably be online way before they're aired on Disney XD

I also hope this is just a one time thing and that this doesn't happen every year from now on.

Disney's not stupid, though. They know Pokemon can draw in ratings. I think their rerun of XY/XYZ is a test to see just how many viewers it pulls in, especially given its enviable time slots of 4 pm weekdays and 8 or 9 am Saturdays. The fact that they went straight to the after-school slot and Saturday Morning Cartoon slot means they have high hopes for it.

I'm hoping that they'll begin broadcasting it earlier than predicted, if only by a month. It's going to suck if they do block format like they do with Yo-Kai watch though because that means being stuck with subs and raw versions and I can only pick out a few words here and there in the original so I miss important actions a lot when reading the subs. But, if it's on Teletoon, maybe I can find a way to get it and see what Rotom's voice sounds like ahead of time, as well as Team Rocket's new motto.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Yeah I definitely hope that once they catch up, they start doing one episode a week instead of a months-long hiatus AGAIN

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'm hoping that they'll begin broadcasting it earlier than predicted, if only by a month. It's going to suck if they do block format like they do with Yo-Kai watch though because that means being stuck with subs and raw versions and I can only pick out a few words here and there in the original so I miss important actions a lot when reading the subs. But, if it's on Teletoon, maybe I can find a way to get it and see what Rotom's voice sounds like ahead of time, as well as Team Rocket's new motto.

I am not a fan of the Pokemon anime airing in bulk, because not only does it mean a longer wait for dubbed episodes (in fact, we could be seeing waiting periods that are almost as long as what we had in the Kids WB era) and while some of us do watch the Japanese subbed and raw versions, some of us do want to hear the new dub voices and other changes so we can compare them.

Vipsoccermaster

I am not a fan of the Pokemon anime airing in bulk, because not only does it mean a longer wait for dubbed episodes (in fact, we could be seeing waiting periods that are almost as long as what we had in the Kids WB era) and while some of us do watch the Japanese subbed and raw versions, some of us do want to hear the new dub voices and other changes so we can compare them.
And in true English. English subbed is not always 100% accurate.

Also, come to think of it, if it does come in batches weekly, for each new episode, Serebii has to update the Coming to USA and Recently in USA sections of the site a bunch of times weekly instead of once a week on Sundays.

EDIT: Episode 6 now has a dub title: A Shocking Grocery Run! Airs in Canada on Saturday, April 22, 2017.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Also, come to think of it, if it does come in batches weekly, for each new episode, Serebii has to update the Coming to USA and Recently in USA sections of the site a bunch of times weekly instead of once a week on Sundays.

Well he did it from AG170-183, and then again from DP001-024, so it should be fine.

EDIT: Disney XD is airing a 24-hour Pokémon marathon on Friday 4/14 and Saturday 4/15 (the entirety of Season 17)!

At least they clearly care about the show way more than Cartoon Network did!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

What even is this anymore.

TheWanderingMist

I can't tell if they're trying way too hard or not even trying anymore