• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
SM7 title: That's Why Litten is a Scamp!

Seriously, is the TPCi making me want to puke? I already plan to boycott watching the SM series because of the format change, but these ultimate cringeworthy dub titles are likely going to cement my boycott promise. I would certainly fire the person at TPCi who is coming up with these episode titles.

Also, Bulbapedia confirmed Professor Kukui's dub voice is Abe Goldfarb, who voiced Xerosic in the XY series. Samson Oak is voiced by Marc Thompson, who I'm surprised it was because it's not what I usually expect from his voice acting, especially since it's not the same VA as Samuel Oak (his dub VA being Jimmy Zoppi).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Samson Oak is voiced by Marc Thompson, who I'm surprised it was because it's not what I usually expect from his voice acting, especially since it's not the same VA as Samuel Oak (his dub VA being Jimmy Zoppi).

Lisa Ortiz (the voice director) somehow made Todd Haberkorn (who's so much more miles better in voice acting than she is) unbearable to listen to as Tierno and Z-1. She has a weird gift.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Well I learned a new word today: scamp. It's the first time I've learned a new word due to Pokémon since furisode (XY73).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lisa Ortiz (the voice director) somehow made Todd Haberkorn (who's so much more miles better in voice acting than she is) unbearable to listen to as Tierno and Z-1. She has a weird gift.

What did you expect from Amy Wheeler?

Although Tierno was basically Natsu but without plot on his side...so yay?

Thankfully SM cast don't resemble anyone I know in dub...so far.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
after rewatching the dub episode, i think rotom's voice is actually alright. the only voice i will never like though is samson oak.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
SM7 title: That's Why Litten is a Scamp!

I kind of get the basis of this dub title and all, but it's still kind of mediocre. It's not necessarily a bad play on words, just not very original. I think my biggest issue with the dubbed titles in general is that some are straight and to the point like the Japanese titles while others are just awkward puns and references.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

Yeah, Ortiz definitely is the weirdest voice director we've ever seen because she seems to be making all these cast members pull extremely weird accents.

As Oreo said, it's like some dub titles keep similar reference to the Japanese titles while others are just stupid attempts at puns.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is it possible for the episode titles to be so bad that they're good? :p

Yes, it is. However, these are near *shudders* Holiday Special levels of horror.

NPT

Just a member
SM008: Who's in Charge of the Egg?

Airs on April 21 on CITV
Source: ITV

Edit: It's kind of unusual for TPCi to have their dub titles same as the Japanese titles so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited: