• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
SM008: Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!
Source: TV Passport

I do wonder about the need for the 'x' in "Egg-xhilarating" (assuming that's not a typo), but this title isn't so bad. It's by no means clever, and it's a bit lame, but it's not cringeworthy, and it at least fits the theme of the episode. I'd give it a 5/10.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
AG150: May's Egg-Cellent Adventure

It's...really nothing new...

the pun itself is fine, it's just the word that looks weird. in "egg-cellent", the "gg" was replacing the "x". in "egg-xhilirating", they just put two "g"s into the word without taking out anything. i guess it's a matter of how the word is said though.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
disney xd is gonna start airing new episodes on may 13 at 9am/8pm ET, starting with SM03.

they're airing the volcanion movie and the first two SM episodes on the same day as well.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
They may air an episode a day for two weeks until they catch up to the other countries where the dub airs.

I doubt it. The very same link you provided also shows that on Friday, May 12, at 4/3c, they are airing "A Not-so-Flying Start!" so I expect them to continue their weekday reair of XY for now.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
If Disney XD will be airing only one new SM episode weekly, then the dub (at least for the US) will be heavily falling behind both Japan and other countries. Japan will most likely be over the 30 episode mark by the time the SM dub starts on Disney XD.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt it. The very same link you provided also shows that on Friday, May 12, at 4/3c, they are airing "A Not-so-Flying Start!" so I expect them to continue their weekday reair of XY for now.

They could put XY on hold until SM catches up to the other countries though and then continue rerunning where they left off afterwards.

Edit: Looks like they are going to air episodes every day until they catch up.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Edit: Looks like they are going to air episodes every day until they catch up.

Thank Arceus. At least this way they won't always be behind, which they really shouldn't have been in the first place.