• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Vipsoccermaster

A fine title. It's exactly what the episode is showcasing, after all.

The puns. The alliterations. The obscure book references.

They will never stop.
Of course they won't. They think it's fun and funny, which may be towards the younger audiences, but not to the older audiences.

If you were to choose the titles for these Sun & Moon episodes, we probably won't be having these puns, alliterations, and obscure book references as much. Let's say 1 in 50 you do the puns/alliterations, but TPCi do good titles 1 in 50.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
SM040: Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
Airs: November 18, 2017
Source: Disney XD Calendar

What kids even know what belligerence means? Yet alone know how to spell it.

Back to the horrible puns, even I could come up with better puns and mine suck.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I'm so annoyed at TPCi picking all these stupid alliterations. SM episode titles are a real downgrade compared to previous generations, except for probably BW and their complex ones.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...You people are aware that the Japanese titles are also full of puns and alliteration, right?

Sure, it'd be annoying elsewhere, but here it fits.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I love the puns and alliterations! They are fun!

Anyway, what's the pun here? I thought it's just a punless alliteration like SM012.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM041: Mounting an Electrifying Charge!
Airs: Novemer 25
Source: Zap2it

SM042: Alola, Kanto!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
SM041: Mounting an Electrifying Charge!

SM042: Alola, Kanto!

Yay! Double episode! They're splitting up the Kanto part then,

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hahahaha, I had a feeling the movie would be aired on tv eventually but not that soon.
Episode 42 and 43 make more sense to air together though.

Vipsoccermaster

We probably would have gotten SM42 and SM43 aired together if it wasn't for Duck Tales special hogging all day on Saturday, August 12, 2017.

And I was wrong about my prediction about SM42 being aired in December (specifically Saturday, December 2, 2017), and suffice to say, I'm happy that I was wrong and getting the episode earlier than predicted.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm SO happy because my sisters and I will be home for Thanksgiving and will be able to watch at least 1 Misty and Brock episode with my sisters!!!! Grew up watching Kanto and Johto with them in the 90s /early 2000s :)

Vipsoccermaster

I'm SO happy because my sisters and I will be home for Thanksgiving and will be able to watch at least 1 Misty and Brock episode with my sisters!!!! Grew up watching Kanto and Johto with them in the 90s /early 2000s :)
Good for you! You'll be able to relieve that childhood moment again!

Also, I think SM43 (which is still untitled and lacks an air date) may be the last episode for the first season of Pokémon The Series: Sun and Moon. According to Eddy Lee, the English voice actor for Gladion, claims that SM44 will be the first episode of the second season. Unknown when that will start airing, but it looks like the United States may be in for the usual break between seasons.

Source

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Good for you! You'll be able to relieve that childhood moment again!

Also, I think SM43 (which is still untitled and lacks an air date) may be the last episode for the first season of Pokémon The Series: Sun and Moon. According to Eddy Lee, the English voice actor for Gladion, claims that SM44 will be the first episode of the second season. Unknown when that will start airing, but it looks like the United States may be in for the usual break between seasons.

Source

Well this is very intriguing. And thanks playerking for getting the clarification from him in this tweet thread. It definitely appears true, meaning this will become the shortest season since Season 13, which was only short because it was the end of the generation, not due to a TPCi decision like this one will be.

It's possible they're just doing it to end the season in December, which is when Seasons 16-18 all ended before last year's blip.

I have to wonder though.. do they know something we don't?

Such as..... maybe Generation VIII is coming in the early fall of 2018, which would make the SM series less than 100 total episodes, which is why this season is so short.. to make both seasons of SM about equal length.

It would make sense too, since Ash already has completed half the islands of the whole generation.