• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Vipsoccermaster

Is that how long it takes for the episodes to be dubbed from Japanese in English?

Highly doubtful. Most of the episodes are completely dubbed, ready to air, before Japan even airs them. Of course, the dubbed episodes won't air until after Japan has first. Also, by that logic, would it have been feasible to complete a dubbing of an episode in just 24 hours for the first two episodes of XY?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I rather see it subtitled on Disney XD instead....Or maybe have it released in both Dub and Sub versions instead?

You may not like the dub, but probably a good 90% of the audience that watches Pokémon on TV are casual watchers who enjoy it plenty and probably wouldn't bother watching something that isn't in their own language. Viewership would most likely take a hit if they did that.

Pokegirl0102

Do you guys think we can finally get an opening thats 45 seconds as opposed to 30, i am hoping the only reason Sun and Moon opening was 30 secs due to them robably having ti ready for Cartoon Network before the switch up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Do you guys think we can finally get an opening thats 45 seconds as opposed to 30, i am hoping the only reason Sun and Moon opening was 30 secs due to them robably having ti ready for Cartoon Network before the switch up.

I'm expecting them to keep the 30 second openings tbh.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'm expecting them to keep the 30 second openings tbh.

Yeah, as I also play rhythm games, 30 secs is enough to hear the refrain part of the songs, so I don't know what more they could add for the 15 extra secs.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

I hope so. 30 second openings are lame. Stand Tall didn't even get a good full version for the movie....

ShadowForce720

I think Disney XD is not doing a good job handling Pokemon so far.....They might well just drop it.

They certainly have done a better job of handling it then Cartoon Network, look it's okay if you don't like the dub and prefer the sub, however just because Disney XD isn't airing it in Sub like you want doesn't mean they are handling Pokemon badly, the fact of the matter is given what kind of Channel Disney XD is, it doesn't make any sense for them to air the sub version of Pokemon over the Dub especially considering the fact that most people that watch Disney XD are expecting all the shows to be in English meaning that if they choose to air the sub over the dub like you wanted it actually would hurt them as most of their audience wouldn't be that interested in it since it would mean they would have to read subtitles where most people that watch Disney XD like to just sit down and watch something in English and not have to worry about reading subtitles.

If you like watching the sub over the dub then just search for the episodes on the internet, but the fact of the matter is you shouldn't expect Disney XD to give special treatment to one show just to air it in sub when it's audience speaks English, it doesn't make any sense for Disney to air the sub version when it can just air the Dubbed version.

They certainly have done a better job of handling it then Cartoon Network, look it's okay if you don't like the dub and prefer the sub, however just because Disney XD isn't airing it in Sub like you want doesn't mean they are handling Pokemon badly, the fact of the matter is given what kind of Channel Disney XD is, it doesn't make any sense for them to air the sub version of Pokemon over the Dub especially considering the fact that most people that watch Disney XD are expecting all the shows to be in English meaning that if they choose to air the sub over the dub like you wanted it actually would hurt them as most of their audience wouldn't be that interested in it since it would mean they would have to read subtitles where most people that watch Disney XD like to just sit down and watch something in English and not have to worry about reading subtitles.

If you like watching the sub over the dub then just search for the episodes on the internet, but the fact of the matter is you shouldn't expect Disney XD to give special treatment to one show just to air it in sub when it's audience speaks English, it doesn't make any sense for Disney to air the sub version when it can just air the Dubbed version.

Uh, it's lack of promotion, get this through your head. DXD will drop Pokemon one day. Period.

Vipsoccermaster

Uh, it's lack of promotion, get this through your head. DXD will drop Pokemon one day. Period.
Lack of promotion? Nope. Disney XD actually promotes them heavily, especially for marathons like one of the upcoming marathons for the last week of March 2018, plus multiple episodes in one day. Disney XD is not going to drop Pokémon after only just one year of experience with them.

ShadowForce720

Lack of promotion, what are you talking about? They are essentially giving it a marathon that at the very least goes from March 24th-31st, heck and when new episodes are about to air Disney XD does promote it. Will Disney XD ever drop pokemon one day? who know maybe it will, maybe it won't however that being said it's not going to be because of you saying it and as of right now there is no reason to expect Disney XD to drop it in it the near future get that through your head.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't really watch commercials. How is he pronouncing it?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Would it kill the announcer guy to pronounce "Pokemon" correctly during advertisements, though.

The way the syllables are stressed, it almost sounds like they're trying to mispronounce it on purpose. Or maybe they're trying so hard to pronounce it right that they pronounce it wrong.

I don't really watch commercials. How is he pronouncing it?

Po-KAY-mon, with a strong emphasis on the "kay" sound.