• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Crystal_Knight not only is this irrelevant to the dub, but it's also a spoiler, which is not allowed outside the Anime Spoilers section, and frankly as someone who only watches the dub I'm pretty upset right now.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Who agrees that Ash and his friends are in BIG trouble if Team Rocket EVER discovers what their brand new Z-ring and Mimikyium Z-crystal can do? Especially the Z-Crystal, which I believe Mimikyu will just LOVE using if he can use it against Pikachu? *lol*

Yeah, this is a thread whose sole-purpose is to discuss the dub, what are you doing posting something that isn't even close to happening in the dub?

DatsRight

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
My guess is they might have assumed this is where to talk about the English dub of the show in general instead of just the titles and airings.
That still doesn't make sense as the events mentioned haven't happened yet in the dub.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
Sorry about the 'spoiler' guys, but at the same time I have to ask is HOW is it still considered a 'spoiler' when the WEBSITE this forum belongs to has it up for EVERYBODY to read, as well as the picture screenshots from the episode, as soon as they enter the webpage.

I just thought everybody looks at those when they come to serebii.net on Thursdays. Besides I haven't WATCHED the non-dubbed episode myself, so I don't know anymore than you guys do beyond what serebii says.

The website itself gave the spoiler, which is where I got the info from.

Yeah, this is a thread whose sole-purpose is to discuss the dub, what are you doing posting something that isn't even close to happening in the dub?

I DIDN'T see the 'spoilers' thread.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Sorry about the 'spoiler' guys, but at the same time I have to ask is HOW is it still considered a 'spoiler' when the WEBSITE this forum belongs to has it up for EVERYBODY to read, as well as the picture screenshots from the episode, as soon as they enter the webpage.

I just thought everybody looks at those when they come to serebii.net on Thursdays. Besides I haven't WATCHED the non-dubbed episode myself, so I don't know anymore than you guys do beyond what serebii says.

I DIDN'T see the 'spoilers' thread.
Here is rule #4 from the thread "Anime Forum Rules [please read before posting]"

https://forums.serebii.net/threads/anime-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.658158/

4. Post spoilers in the Anime Spoilers section! If you wish to discuss events that have not occurred outside Japan, use spoiler tags for your information or keep it to Anime Spoilers.

Also btw, no "everybody" doesn't do the same thing. I myself rarely go to serebii.net and spend most of my time on serebiiforums.com instead.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Personally, I try not to pay too much attention to coming to Japan section of the website's homepage. Unfortunately, yes, there are spoilers right there on the homepage (that's my biggest gripe with Serebii as a whole), but there are still degrees to the spoiler. All that is up on the homepage is two images and the episode title. From that, all I knew was that the episode focused on Team rocket trying to get a Z-Ring. There was no indication as to whether or not they actually got it. Anything else, you'd have to go out of your way to go to the episode's dedicated page, which obviously people aren't going to go if they don't want spoilers. There was absolutely nothing on the homepage that even implied that Jessie also got Mimikyuium-Z, to know that, you would have had to spoil yourself.

By the sounds of it, you actively go to each episode's dedicated page and look over their screenshots each week. That's fine if you want to do that, but you should also realize that as you have to go out of your way to get to these pagess, and Serebii even posts a spoiler warning on the posts linking to them, that there are are plenty of people who don't, specifically because they don't want to be spoiled.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
For those in Australia, SM055 (Kukui and Burnet's marriage episode) airs 3:00pm on Monday May 14th (on 9GO!) and that will be the end of the current run of Season 21. May 15th will be reverting back to Season 18 (Pokemon The Series XY: Kalos Quest) reruns, so that we cannot overtake the US with the new episode airings.

We probably won't get the rest of the season until early 2019 (since November/December tends to be when the finale of the season airs in the US), much like what happened with Season 20 where we had a short batch delivered in I recall July 2017, and the rest of the season didn't air on 9GO! until earlier in 2018.

Also, I only found this out a day ago, but Eleven has indeed stopped airing Season 19 (Pokemon The Series XYZ) reruns, instead replacing it with a double rerun of Cardfight! Vanguard. This likely means that XYZ finally got snatched by Nine like the other seasons.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
since November/December tends to be when the finale of the season airs in the US
this one might end earlier if it's a similar length to last season.. last season started in May and ended in December, and this one started in March, so it might end in October....

Trey pokes

Haven't been on this site for a while, but nevertheless I bring news regarding future Dub episode titles! Specifically for episodes 61 and 62, these were found on some Apple TV service guides and while I don't have such a thing I was given the info form Bulbagarden. Now these episode are to be titled: A Mission Of Ultra Urgency! and Acting True To Form! Still no dates for episodes 59/60, but we shall see what the Disney XD calendar has to say this weekend.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow, it seems like unfortunately for some reason we're going on an extended break after this weekend -- not only are we not getting an episode Memorial Day weekend due to the Phineas and Ferb marathon we already knew about, but the Disney XD calendar now shows that on June 2 in Pokémon's normal timeslot, the episode that's airing is "A Dream Encounter!" , the first episode of the season on a rerun.

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/calendar/

see for yourself on june 2 on the calendar

Trey pokes

I can confirm this for myself after just checking it out. I wonder why now a 2 week break after episode 58? Unless XD are planning something later June, this hiatus would be uncalled for.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Unless XD are planning something later June
Now last July, there was the time they had a 3-hour marathon 9-noon on a Saturday morning airing new episodes 16-21 all at once. However, even when they did that, there wasn't a break before or after that marathon. Episode 15 aired the week before and Episode 22 aired the week after.

Vipsoccermaster

Oh wow. Interesting. With this long of a break (this will be the first time it will be this long during a season in years), I'm betting Disney XD is preparing another huge marathon (maybe even longer than last July) for the series. They're probably wanting to have a break for now to have more episodes to air in the backlog. Until the next episode airs, the gap between US and Japan are lengthening. I suspect it will be even a longer time before we get to episodes that are less than three months apart. Disney XD has to be planning something, because it's unusual to have a long break during a season.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
(this will be the first time it will be this long during a season in years

I decided to quantify your "it's been years" comment, so I looked it up. The last time there was a break this long mid-season was actually between parts 1 and 2 of the Paul fight!

DP186 aired December 18, 2010.
DP187 aired January 8, 2011.

Of course that time, the two break weeks were December 25 and January 1.

The last time we had such a long break mid-season and it wasn't near the holidays was near the beginning of DP:

DP024 aired July 16, 2007.
DP025 aired September 1, 2007.

so indeed it's been over a decade since we've had such a break. wow

Trey pokes

We got episode 64's dub title from Apple TV of course, really do wonder they get these titles from. It will be named "Turning Heads And Traninig Hard!"