• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
What do you mean?

It’s because Robby Duncan Sharpe, Sawyer’s English VA, was criticised for making him sound too old, as in putting on a voice of a teen for what is supposed to be a trainer aged 10-11.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ah man, I was really hoping that no break over Christmas meant there wouldn't be a break at all this time around.
Technically we did have a break on January 5 which could be considered a holiday break.
Wow, so they're going to dub the Eevee segments?
What are "the Eevee segments"? Please answer ONLY if it's possible to answer without spoiling me. If you need to say events that are spoilers to answer this question, then please don't.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Technically we did have a break on January 5 which could be considered a holiday break.

What are "the Eevee segments"? Please answer ONLY if it's possible to answer without spoiling me. If you need to say events that are spoilers to answer this question, then please don't.
post credit segments of an eevee's misadventures, that's about all I can say without spoiling

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
post credit segments of an eevee's misadventures, that's about all I can say without spoiling
Cool and how are a bunch of episode titles proof that we will get post-credit segments dubbed, considering that post-credit segments haven't been dubbed so far this whole series?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Cool and how are a bunch of episode titles proof that we will get post-credit segments dubbed, considering that post-credit segments haven't been dubbed so far this whole series?
you can see part of the segments in the preview posted like a page ago

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I do think it makes sense for the dub to make an exception and include those segments. For one thing, it would result in a whole bunch of unusually short episodes otherwise, as those segments did cut into the episodes' runtime, and for another, well... they connect to the main story. And while the show did technically recap the shorts when they became relevant, it would be pretty awkward to just have that episode be the introduction to said Eevee...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That theme is actually pretty good. Easily the best of Alola, an maybe just my favorite theme since the first Kalos theme.

Of course, anything would sound good after being stuck with that last theme for year. Extremely happy to no longer have to hear the most ear-grating Pokémon theme of all time at the beginning of every episode.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It was actually an interesting choice to make Hau sound older since he’s pretty immature in the games.
How does he sound in the Japanese?

Trey pokes

We got new titles according Disney XD's PR: we're going on a 1-week break for April 6th for starters, April 13th is titled Parallel Friendships!, April 20th is called unsurprisingly Alola,Alola! And the last one for April 27th is named Heart of Fire, Heart of Stone!

NPT

Just a member
Parallel Friendships!
Alola, Alola!
Heart of Fire! Heart of Stone!

"Alola, Alola!"? They should've gone with something like "An Alola in Alola" or "An Alolan Reunion".

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
"Alola, Alola!"? They should've gone with something like "An Alola in Alola" or "An Alolan Reunion".
"An Alola in Alola" is literally the Japanese title for that episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh hey the new dub opening is actually good for once!
Seriously nothing will top the last one in levels of awfulness

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
There's been rumours going around that Pokemon may change channels once again in the US because Disney XD is apparently closing down and will be replaced by a new channel called Marvel HQ, which is said to focus on Marvel-based shows. Kinda sad to hear that Pokemon will only be lasting three years on this channel.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's been rumours going around that Pokemon may change channels once again in the US because Disney XD is apparently closing down and will be replaced by a new channel called Marvel HQ, which is said to focus on Marvel-based shows. Kinda sad to hear that Pokemon will only be lasting three years on this channel.
Oh, maybe that's why they're moving all their shows off XD. They could just bring it to main Disney, like they did with Star vs.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I had not heard of that rumor yet. I would say that's too bad, but the only things I watch on XD are Pokémon and Marvel shows, and since Pokémon will unquestionably get a new channel, this is a very good change for me.

Don't really care what channel Pokémon is on, so long as it's on TV. And, of course, a franchise as massive as Pokémon will not have a problem getting aired somewhere on TV.

Trey pokes

Should Pokemon switch channels, hopefully it ends up on the main Disney Channel to really broaden the show's appeal. Last thing we need to hear is that it'll switch back to CN..... in comes the controversies if that happens.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@OshyHikari I mean let's be honest you're the same person who spread similar rumors in this thread last year to no avail so until anything actually gets announced I'm not going to believe it.