• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm worried for the future of the dub too. Disneynow is missing whole seasons of Pokemon.

How does that imply anything? They don't have to letting us watch any of the old seasons. The fact that we can watch most of them for free is more than I would have expected.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It is likely in the process of finding a new home so no info will drop prior. Did some research about anime on DXD and they tend to drop it after a few years. They got Pokemon in 2016 so it is very possible they did not renew the license to keep it for whatever reason. Would also explain why the new movie was delayed so long and did Netflix before DXD. Of course this is not confirmed but it is very suspicious. I feel the anime would do better on Netflix just due to less people owning cable and DXD never being super popular even with cable owners. I'm also curious if the new movie having subbed option is hinting at them doing that with japanese releases for the series. It would have been nice to get info but I can understand why we did not get any if changes are being made

I do also seem to have suspicion that Disney XD dropped the series and that Season 23 (first dub season for Pokemon 2019) will probably see Pokemon moving to Netflix full-time due to the general popularity of on-demand streaming platforms as a whole. Then again, I'm guessing April or May will see S23's announcement.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You know what's interesting though? The last time we had a platform change (Cartoon Network to Disney XD in 2016-2017), when the movie (Volcanion/Magearna) was on Disney XD while XY&Z kept airing on Cartoon Network, the announcement of Volcanion/Magearna ACCOMPANIED the announcement of the platform change. We knew way before the final episode of XY&Z that Pokémon was gonna go to Disney XD.

Just check this link: https://www.polygon.com/2016/11/17/13666702/where-to-watch-pokemon-sun-and-moon-cartoon-disney-xd

2 months before the final episode of XY&Z, we already knew the show was moving. I feel like, if the same thing was happening this time, we would have found out at the same time we found out about the movie being on Netflix, the way it went down with Movie 19/Season 20.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
A prayer circle that Ed Goldfarb doesn’t play elevator music for the end credits
Did you expect an insert song? Good one.

So yeah, this was the perfect way to end what's been a mess for the past 3 seasons (6 if we count XY). They can do better as shown in the last two movies, but they don't want to.

Season 23 will probably follow this trend of creative censorship. I'm not expecting any improvements.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did you expect an insert song? Good one.

So yeah, this was the perfect way to end what's been a mess for the past 3 seasons (6 if we count XY). They can do better as shown in the last two movies, but they don't want to.

Season 23 will probably follow this trend of creative censorship. I'm not expecting any improvements.

was it elevator music again

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Of course. The montage was treated like regular scenes. It felt so wrong.
Why?? I mean why. They know what they are doing, why did they feel the need to do that? I remember being sad as the music played and Shaymin left mallow, and then happy when it revealed Burnet being pregnant. To have those just treated as normal scenes instead of the grand ending.....
Idk why people bother with the dub anymore, coz clearly TPCI doesn't

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
How did they edit the "...and your dreams" since this references Type Wild
They didn't. It's still there. They added the narrator going "...as the dream continues!" at the very end though.