• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Beyblade is being dubbed by an actual company of professionals who don't really mind featuring full openings. It's a miracle an anime targeted at children shown during the day even has such big names.

And thank god they have said big names at all. I wanted to kill puppies the last time I heard that ***** dub for the Beyblade series that ran on CN with the red-haired protagonist. It's like he was permanently being castrated.
Though the dub for the original beyblade kicked ass, especially due to the insert songs (I think the original beyblade has my favorite dub-only OST ever)

NintenDuvo

Yeah all the english Beyblade Burst opening have been real good so far especially Turbo and Rise. i didn't realize that the Beyblade Burst dub had switched companies, explains why Valt voice was changed during Turbo

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
And thank god they have said big names at all. I wanted to kill puppies the last time I heard that ***** dub for the Beyblade series that ran on CN with the red-haired protagonist. It's like he was permanently being castrated.
...I uh...like the Dub of the Metal Fight/Fusion BeyBlade series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can't vouch for that one, but the Latin American dub was pretty good.
Yeah, I meant that one, I haven't seen much of the english one aside from the english versions of the songs (which are awesome). It's a crime there's no official release for the LA versions of the songs

LuxerWap

Please don't let Ed Goldfarb destroy this BGM too. Otherwise I have to skip the Dub for this series (again).
Okay, I really want to discuss about this. Why does everyone hate his music? Is it because they replace some of the original music and lyrical songs that play during dramatic battle scenes? I really enjoy his music as they’re not ear bleeding and I personally think the background music fits with the tone of the show. I think you can blame on TPCi for not having most of the original music kept and vocalize the lyrical ones in English.

I mean, this have been going on for years and I am a little surprised that people are still upset about the music changes. Personally, I could care less if the music have been replaced or not, but at least I have respect the composer for doing his job. I mean, if the music was in some other show that is 100% original and needed a composer, I am sure no one will have a problem with it.

EDIT:
Not hating on anyone who doesn’t like his music, btw. I am just curious cause it has to be more than just replacing the original tracks. That’s pretty much the only reason I could find when they talk about the music in the dub.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Okay, I really want to discuss about this. Why does everyone hate his music? Is it because they replace some of the original music and lyrical songs that play during dramatic battle scenes? I really enjoy his music as they’re not ear bleeding and I personally think the background music fits with the tone of the show. I think you can blame on TPCi for not having most of the original music kept and vocalize the lyrical ones in English.

I mean, this have been going on for years and I am a little surprised that people are still upset about the music changes. Personally, I could care less if the music have been replaced or not, but at least I have respect the composer for doing his job. I mean, if the music was in some other show that is 100% original and needed a composer, I am sure no one will have a problem with it.

EDIT:
Not hating on anyone who doesn’t like his music, btw. I am just curious cause it has to be more than just replacing the original tracks. That’s pretty much the only reason I could find when they talk about the music in the dub.
I think his music is decent and at some points good but I do think there are times where this decent to good music is mis-inserted. Like that Buznut clown music that played in one part of the Team Flare five-parter.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

EDIT:
Because his music replacements are too whimsical in nature. Sometimes I wonder why the man simply doesn't do arrangements of already-existing music tracks from the games.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Okay, I really want to discuss about this. Why does everyone hate his music?

My personal dislike comes from the absolute lack of variety in the instruments. In the original, you get a wide variety of instruments from percussion to woodwind to brass and more. In the dub, you don't really get that.

Not to mention the sound mixing department is absolutely idiotic with how they mismanage inserting song where they're supposed to be.

As for Go's voice, it sucks.

Sorry, but I'm having violent flashbacks to when they dubbed that green-haired XY rival.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

While replacing scores based on music from the games is one thing, the biggest problem I have is that they oversaturate the anime with Goldfarb's music, which leads to problems like having unfitting music playing over "breathing" moments that are supposed to be quiet & an overall lack of balance between the sub & dub scores that OS-BW usually had.

One example would be the music for the movie I Choose You since they had tracks over scenes that were supposed to be quiet for dramatic tension like when Pikachu talked, and they got rid of ALL the music based on the games (& the tunes they actually kept in the 4Kids dub) except for one song. This isn't a problem with everyone, & it's not that big of an issue anymore since the 2019 anime mostly does original scores too, as well as completely abandoned all of Miyazaki's pieces. However, I'm one of those people who would like to hear music from the Pokémon games when watching a Pokémon show.

Goldfarb's music isn't bad, and it's actually gotten better during Sun & Moon, but the biggest issue is that they go overboard with his scores to the point that it feels unbearable to some.

Last edited:

LuxerWap

I think this what they mean about TPCI wanting to save money. I believe that having the whole soundtrack over will cost too much and even asking Goldfarb to make arrangements of the music from the game would probably impact a copyright infringement or some sort.

Trey pokes

I wouldn't mind if Goldfarb stuck around again. I do find him one of the more interesting composers for the series. Curious as to how he'll change up his score from both XY and SM to a show in which EVERY region will be showcased. Props BTW to theme song in the background, it once again sounds unusual for a Pokemon theme song, but it works!

LuxerWap

Maybe it might be me, but do you guys think it was probably a smart move for TPCI to save money? I mean, the series have been going on for more than 10 years and I know there are some fans who have either grown out of the show or even watch the sub only. Not to mention the dub being moved to CN, DXD, and now to Neflix.

It also happened to the current dubs of Yugioh. Most of the audience watched it sub and now you don’t see them broadcasting the dubs in America since 2011, after 4Kids gone bankrupt and caused the death of Saturday Morning Cartoons in America.

RetroPokeFan

It also happened to the current dubs of Yugioh. Most of the audience watched it sub and now you don’t see them broadcasting the dubs in America since 2011,

I’d say it’s more nowadays you don’t see Yu-Gi-Oh on television as it was just barely hanging on as Zexal was airing on the CW’s Toonzai and then Vortexx before that shut down forcing them to move to Hulu around the end of Season 2 of the second series.

It’s Arc V when things went to crap as that aired on Nicktoons where they gave it a poor airing time and made the most “wonderful and awe-inspiring” decision to skip the entirety of the second season which pretty much sent any chances of the franchise airing again to it’s grave.

Now it seems none of the networks are interested in it as VRAINS has STILL not seen an American release and is currently only airing in Canada and Australia with illegal sites as your only option to watch the show outside of those countries.

Never in my whole life have I ever seen a big anime like Yu-Gi-Oh fall from grace in terms of television airings.

Last edited:

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.

EDIT:
Bias for Shinji Miyazaki's music. That's why. That's also why Yuki Hayashi's music for the JP version of the current saga is getting bashed.

If they tell you anything else (and I see they did), they're lying.

EDIT: Sorry to sound so blunt in answering that, but after every malevolent thing I've seen Miyazaki stans sink to, I don't believe them when they give any other reason for their music preference. And I pity the normal Miyazaki fans who have legit reasons to prefer his music who seem as bad as the stans by association.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Bias for Shinji Miyazaki's music. That's why. That's also why Yuki Hayashi's music for the JP version of the current saga is getting bashed.

If they tell you anything else (and I see they did), they're lying.

EDIT: Sorry to sound so blunt in answering that, but after every malevolent thing I've seen Miyazaki stans sink to, I don't believe them when they give any other reason for their music preference.
Did you ever stop to think that some “Miyazaki stans” on here may have realized that they were too harsh on Goldfarb’s music and that, while they’re still not big fans, they’re trying to look at the dub’s music with more of an open-minded perspective?

I can understand being desensitized and assuming the worst in people after seeing so many comments (I have the MANY controversies with BW & SWSH to thank for that), but you’re kind of making yourself sound like a hypocrite who thinks Goldfarb’s music is the greatest thing in all of existence.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I’d say it’s more nowadays you don’t see Yu-Gi-Oh on television as it was just barely hanging on as Zexal was airing on the CW’s Toonzai and then Vortexx before that shut down forcing them to move to Hulu around the end of Season 2 of the second series.

It’s Arc V when things went to crap as that aired on Nicktoons where they gave it a poor airing time and made the most “wonderful and awe-inspiring” decision to skip the entirety of the second season which pretty much sent any chances of the franchise airing again to it’s grave.

Now it seems none of the networks are interested in it as VRAINS has STILL not seen an American release and is currently only airing in Canada and Australia with illegal sites as your only option to watch the show outside of those countries.

Never in my whole life have I ever seen a big anime like Yu-Gi-Oh fall from grace in terms of television airings.

I know this is completely off-topic, but I just need to chime in. I absolutely hate that we're an entire series away from Japan right now in America. It's ridiculous. And since I refuse to watch the show illicitly, it's beginning to look like I'll never watch Yu-Gi-Oh again (not that it looks like I'm missing much with Sevens...). I miss Yu-Gi-Oh so much. It really is a crazy story that show has gone through.

And when everyone was talking about Pokémon not getting dubbed, as much as I knew that wasn't the case, Yu-Gi-Oh was always in the back of mind, showing that something similar has happened before.