• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that Tara Jaynes is working on the dub again, I’m REALLY hoping Richie returns in the anime so she can voice him again

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Woo! Managed to watch all three episodes of the new dub and I am excited to see more soon!

- The new intro rocked, and I heard that there’s gonna be a full version of it coming soon, so I am excited to hear it! It’s been years since we got full version of the dub openings!

- The new Goldfarb scores are pretty good and as always, fits very well with the show. A lottle surprised that they still kept the “Revealed Pokémon” theme from “Who’s That Pokémon?!” from XY and SM.

- I also like the new cast in the series. Goh’s voice is cool and Chloe’s voice is also amazing! I need to do much more research on the cast to see who they also voiced in other shows.

Overall, I enjoyed this new series and the dub. I’m pretty biased as hell, but who cares! This is magnificent!

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

UnovaMaster

JN006: Working My Way Back to Mew!
Airs on June 27 on Teletoon
"With Scorbunny by his side, Goh decides on a new goal—catch every kind of Pokémon!"
Source: TV Passport

I KEEP WORKING MY WAY BACK TO MEW BABE, WITH A BURNING LOVE INSIDE

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Sho Suzuki and Josuke Higashikata/Ferdinand von Aegir?

That's it. This dub suddenly got a hell lot better by several miles. Unbelievable. We just need to fire Sarah and Lisa and we're golden.

No, because Sarah’s Ash has always been a million times better than Veronica’s. Made him sound like a little girl with a head cold...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No, because Sarah’s Ash has always been a million times better than Veronica’s. Made him sound like a little girl with a head cold...
Sarah's Ash sounds like a weird 16-year old.

Vero's Ash actually sounded like a real 10-year old...and Vero's older than Sarah, which is rather impressive. Hell, she's older now, but she hasn't lost her touch doing his voice one bit.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
While I will say Veronica did great as Ash, Sarah is indeed better for the part. As many others have said, she makes him sound his actual age with an energetic performance that basically sounds like a not-annoying version of how Rica Matsumoto does it.

RetroPokeFan

Sooo now that the first 12 episodes of Journeys are up, time for a quick look at the cast members again.

• Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld is Nurse Joy again. Little disappointed we couldn't see Megan Hollingshead have a crack at the character again but I guess TPCI consider Alyson the main VA for her now.
  • Xanthe Huynh (Haru from Persona 5) is in episode 8, it's most likely she voices Piplup and Croagunk's trainer Lauren. Jason Griffith is also in the episode too making this his first Pokemon appearance to be recorded in LA which is where he lives now.
  • Cristina Valenzuela (Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria) is in episodes 9 and 11. She previously guest appeared in the main series back in Black and White.
  • Erica Mendez (Retsuko from Aggretsuko) is also in episode 11.
  • Episode 12's the big one: Wayne Grayson reprises his role as Lance (Haven't seen the dub episode yet but I'm hoping they changed up his voice because I really was not a fan of how generic and almost COTD-like he sounded in the 4Kids episodes) and we get three LA VA's: Kyle Hebert (Ryu from Street Fighter), Xander Mobus (Joker from Persona 5 and the Smash announcer) and Alejandro Saab (Yuri from Fire Emblem: Three Houses).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They renamed the Pokemon World Championships the World Coronation Series. Picked the best time to use that word, clearly!

Why would they do that? Pokemon World Championships sounded much cooler
Maybe they did it to make the World Championships sound more British, since I’m fairly certain the finals will take place at Wyndon Stadium