• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wasn't that big a fan of episode 14, but I think it was more-so because the dialogue sounded a little clunky in order to keep up with the mouth flaps & match the original lines. However, I still wish they kept the chief excavator's "Enchanting" gag since it didn't make sense for his eyes to get all sparkly whenever he talked about having an adventure

I also saw the ending of episode 22 on Twitter &, while the guitar music at the very end kind of ruined the mood, everything else was amazing! Between Zeno & Sarah's performances and Goldfarb's score, the dub tugged at my heartstrings better than the original version did. That whole scene was practically perfect T_T

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So just finished watching the new 12 dub episodes, honestly have to say, the dub is so good this time around. This takes me back to BW days, where i can easily watch either the sub or dub unlike XY and SM where the dub was just bad and sub was way preferable. All the voices fit perfectly and even though some music choices are still iffy, i like it for the most part, not to mention that the opening theme is finally good like the theme songs till BW. The only thing i dislike ig is how they chose 12 episodes only, ep 24 was such an anticlimatic episode to end it on, whereas ep 25 would have been an amazing climax, seriously, what were they thinking? The only reason i can think of is that they didnt want ep 26, which was something.... , to be the opener of the next batch of episodes, which is a stupid reason. Ep 25 would have been a great finish to the second batch of episodes, and ep 37 for the third batch. Also i dont like some of the titles, they are dumb like the japanese ones. All in all, really happy with Journeys dubbing work!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only thing i dislike ig is how they chose 12 episodes only, ep 24 was such an anticlimatic episode to end it on, whereas ep 25 would have been an amazing climax, seriously, what were they thinking? The only reason i can think of is that they didnt want ep 26, which was something.... , to be the opener of the next batch of episodes, which is a stupid reason. Ep 25 would have been a great finish to the second batch of episodes, and ep 37 for the third batch.
They can't say no to the rules they were given...or made for themselves...I don't know how it works.

Just don't trust what Sarah says.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They can't say no to the rules they were given...or made for themselves...I don't know how it works.

Just don't trust what Sarah says.

Idk how 12 episodes for a batch is a mandatory rule, it can easily be altered to adjust for one or more episodes, and Sarah could have been mistaken, maybe the dub for ep25 has been completed as she said but Netflix didn't release it with the second batch, let's not assume that she lied

NintenDuvo

Idk how 12 episodes for a batch is a mandatory rule, it can easily be altered to adjust for one or more episodes, and Sarah could have been mistaken, maybe the dub for ep25 has been completed as she said but Netflix didn't release it with the second batch, let's not assume that she lied

Yeah thats what i feel has happened, that when recording they may have stopped at 25 for the next batch and so she just assumed it was coming with the others

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
"Sobbing Sobble"
That's... literally a direct translation of the Japanese, wow. I mean I remember remarking before that TPCi could translate that title 100% directly and still have it actually fit their usual naming conventions while being a perfectly sound adaptation of the JP ("Mesomeso Messon"), but based on their past track record I unironically expected them to do literally anything but.

All this to say TPCi did what I thought they should do and this is a rare enough occurrence that I am legit surprised by it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So does ep 26 only have a single title now? Why?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So does ep 26 only have a single title now? Why?
Could be just a title for the first half I guess, with the second half having a different title not yet released. Because that title does sound like it could be just the Magikarp half.

ShadowForce720

Given that so far the first two batches of English dub of episodes came out on the second Friday of the month they were released in I’m guessing the same will be true for this next batch of episodes.

Which would mean that the next batch of English Dub episodes would likely release on December 11th, 2020 on Netflix.

Of course there isn’t any confirmed date for when the upcoming batch of episodes will release so this is more of a educated guess at the moment.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I like the triple rhyme of the episode 26 title. It's the first triple rhyme title since SM005, which featured a quadruple rhyme!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
With today's episode having aired, Lisa Ortiz and Jason Griffith reprise their roles as Korinna and Gurkinn.
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn it all to hell. The worst Amy and Sonic.

I'll cherish the fact Ryan Bartley is Korrina in Pokemon Masters, I guess.

Billy Kametz is also the battle announcer.
Damn. Guy got demoted real bad from his first announcer position.

"I'll prove you once and for all that I am better at spurning the people with the sound of my voice."

"Ferdinand, for the last time, our lung capacity has nothing to do with our overall performance as representatives of our families."

(...Is it ironic Billy is still around the hedgehogs in some form.)