• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
One bummer I have of watching the sub rather than the latin american dub is not being able to hear Jamememes

RetroPokeFan

Returning VA’s and newcomers for Part 3 includes Luis Alfonso, Daman Mills, Brittany Cox, Kira Buckland, Jenny Yokobori, Lipica Shah, Sandy Fox, Danny Kramer, Eddy Lee, Emily Cramer, James Weaver Clark and Tiana Camacho.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been catching up with the dub & finally saw episode 24. It could be mostly because I miss accents in the anime, but I like how Jessie & James have a southern twang when in disguise more than how they just kept saying "M'lad" in the sub version

A few of my other thoughts on the dub:
  • Holy crap! We actually have accents back in the anime! Seeing Team Rocket do it in 24 was a treat, but we have several of them between the truck driver, Sonia, Ask-King & Goh-King, and the two gangorou girls
  • Still bummed when they took out scores based on the music from the games, but for everything else Goldfarb’s scores were great & fit well with several scenes. At least they kept the gym battle theme for Leon & Raihan’s match
  • There are a few subtle nods in the dub that were carried over from the sub such as the gentleman from the trading episode naming his Farfetch’d “Dux” (a great reference to Red & Blue)
  • Delia & Ash’s singing voices sounded better than I thought they would
  • Lisa Ortiz sounded a little off voicing Korrina, but I thought she sounded great as both Chloe’s mom & Krickatina Kylie

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's funny because Sandy Fox absolutely makes the cutesy voice work. She's queen in that. Oh, and she's over 40 by now. It's impressive.

Lisa could stand to learn that she's crap compared to the absolute master that is Sandy. Had Korrina been voiced by Sandy (despite the fact she surely shouldn't have a voice of that range), I wouldn't have minded that much as Lisa's horrible take on her.
Huh, when I checked on Bulbapedia yesterday they said it was Lisa Ortiz
Ha ha. Bulbapedia.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Lisa could stand to learn that she's crap compared to Sandy. Had Korrina been voiced by Sandy (despite the fact she surely shouldn't have a voice of that range), I wouldn't have minded that much as Lisa's horrible take on her.
I think it's more-so that maybe she's just getting a little too old to voice younger characters. If you listen to some of her earlier roles like Lina Inverse from Slayers or Tsubasa from His & Her Circumstances she sounds just fine & fits the roles perfectly (she even sounded good when she played other pokemon characters like Mars or Flannery). Plus, she might have just been a little rusty since she hasn't played Korrina in several years

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think it's more-so that maybe she's just getting a little too old to voice younger characters. If you listen to some of earlier roles like Lina Inverse from Slayers or Tsubasa from His & Her Circumstances she sound just fine & fits the roles perfectly (heck, even she even sounded good when she played other pokemon characters like Mars or Flannery). Plus, she might have just been a little rusty since she hasn't played Korrina in several years
I'm not exactly sure why Mars had to have such a voice, though.

Lisa's cute voice just doesn't cut it anymore. However, she's really losing the chance to use this type she recently used. It's absolutely hard to tell it was her:

Like, wow. Screw her Grip Claw-on-a-chalkboard girly girl voice. This is an improvement.

...Also, we're literally in a forum of a much more well-known Pokemon info website.

Last edited: