• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ryan Bartley could have easily salvaged Korrina. Alas.
Personally, I think a good VA alternative for Korrina would be Madeleine Morris (Misato Tachibana from Nichijou & Rosalie from Cautious Hero) since she has a similar pitch to Lisa Ortiz while doing a good job sounding like a natural spunky teen spitfire

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Personally, I think a good VA alternative for Korrina would be Madeleine Morris (Misato Tachibana from Nichijou & Rosalie from Cautious Hero) since she has a similar pitch to Lisa Ortiz while doing a good job sounding like a natural spunky teen spitfire
I only mentioned Bartley because she literally plays Korrina in Pokemon Masters, and she does a much better job as her than Ortiz...will ever hope to do.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The title of episode 33 is similar to AG106 Beg, Burrow, and Steal, as both are puns on Beg, Borrow, and Steal

I wonder whether episode 36 is trying to be a pun on "making castles in the sand"?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
After finding out that the title of PJ039 is Overcome Octolock! I just want to say that is a super-epic title and I hope the dub keeps it

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
After finding out that the title of PJ039 is Overcome Octolock! I just want to say that is a super-epic title and I hope the dub keeps it
Much like "Sobbing Sobble" it is a title where a perfectly direct translation actually matches the dub's title conventions perfectly.

ShadowForce720

Just pointing this out but the next batch of dub episodes have been confirmed to come out on March 5th and this is the final batch of the season.

So basically is probably safe to expect that the June batch of dub episodes there will probably be a title change from Pokémon Journeys to something else similar to how in past series we multiple seasons for the dub.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Nah. We just have so many chances to get screwed in these 12-episode batches for the low count of plot-important episodes.

Though I do wonder if we'll always have 12-episode batches leading to an ending with enough episodes to make up the complete batch.
I still don't get why it's necessary to have 12 episodes
They could have easily started season 2 with Mewtwo episode, that episode's opening is the perfect way to start a new season. The conclusion of darkest day was perfect way to end season 1.