• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Okay so I finally finished all the episodes of the latest dub batch, most I talked about earlier, now I'm gonna talk about the darkest day arc and Mewtwo episode
Starting off the bat the darkest day arc In the dub is INCREDIBLE. Sonia and Leon's VA are amazing as we saw in previous episodes and they really shined through in this arc. I like how Leon's VA sounds when hes injured by eternatus and tells the boys to run
Magnolia's VA is incredible and exactlyyy how I envisioned she should sound like, a raspy voice and I like how wise she sounds
Oleanna and Rose's VA are incredible as well, Oleanna's VA perfectly portrays the crazy secretary while Rose's VA imo is better then the Japanese version, he sounds more calm and collected and can be serious when he needs to be and in the end when he's seeing eternatus lose he doesn't make a cartoonish villain voice like in the sub lol, he feels less crazy in the dub which I like
The BGM choices for this arc were incredible, they included enough Japanese BGM to make the stakes feel as high and epic as in the raw version while having their own cool music that fits such as when the wolves appear
But....but centiskorch's voice is so baddddd omg the dub is ruined -_-
Like literally the most silliest whining I've heard, it's voice is fine and comedic tbh, shitting on the dub for the sake of it
The dub handled this arc really good, prefer it to sub

As for mewtwos episode I think they kept the same English VA for Mewtwo as in the Mewtwo strikes back evolution movie which was good. Disappointed we didn't get the movie music playing when he made his entry like in the sub. Other than that the episode was good, Goh's VA was great this episode and I like Sarah's surprised voice when Goh says he wants to catch Mewtwo

This dub really satisfied me this batch, keeping Lei's name, making the darkest day arc remain epic and keeping even filler episodes like the eating contest fun. Ig my only complaint is that they couldn't add the movie music and that S1 didn't end at the end of darkest day and S2 didn't start with the Mewtwo episode, perfect opportunity they wasted. The dub without a doubt is good again like the BW days thankfully

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
So it appears Iris’ VA left early in the SM series. Since the dub loves to recycle voices when recasting I hope Melissa Schoenberg (Ursula and Bernet) dubs her since I think sonically Ursula and Iris had a similar voice.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So it appears Iris’ VA left early in the SM series. Since the dub loves to recycle voices when recasting I hope Melissa Schoenberg (Ursula and Bernet) dubs her since I think sonically Ursula and Iris had a similar voice.
Watch it be Michele Knotz using her boring May voice...again

RetroPokeFan

Yeah, I don't think Iris would sound right if Michele voiced her. There's a possible chance that they'll get Eileen back via remote recording and if not then there's always someone else like Melissa as Sham said or even an LA actor.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Man, this new dub name is... Horrible.

J. D. Guy

Man, this new dub name is... Horrible.
I complete disagree. I think it to be brilliant, what with how Journeys, among other sources, is its own adaptation of Pokemon Masters, in a fashion of speaking.

(I'm also tickled by the reminder of Master Quest as a, likely unintentional, reference.)

This season is going to be called “Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series.”

View: https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/1390307561837039619?s=21
Hmm. Are we sure it isn't "Pokemon The Series: Master Journeys"? Because ever since the rebranding of the Anime outside of Japan to "Pokemon The Series: (Title)", this has always been the format used. It only looks like "Pokemon Master Journeys: The Series" because of the stylized logo, and not because it's meant to be read that way.

They do that with title logos sometimes, particularly long ones, where the big focal part of the title logo is wedged between the beginning of the name spread between the top and bottom of said big focal part.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Master Journeys? Ah, I see we're doing Sinnoh League Victors again and rehashing a previous season title but with the words changed a bit.

NPT

Just a member
According to I Miss Bionix, the dub titles for the first 4 episodes of S24 are...

PM2019 049: To Train, or Not to Train!
PM2019 050: A Pinch of This, a Pinch of That!
PM2019 051: Trials of a Budding Master!
PM2019 052: How Are You Gonna Keep 'Em Off of the Farm?

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I complete disagree. I think it to be brilliant, what with how Journeys, among other sources, is its own adaptation of Pokemon Masters, in a fashion of speaking.

(I'm also tickled by the reminder of Master Quest as a, likely unintentional, reference.)

Hmm. Are we sure it isn't "Pokemon The Series: Master Journeys"? Because ever since the rebranding of the Anime outside of Japan to "Pokemon The Series: (Title)", this has always been the format used. It only looks like "Pokemon Master Journeys: The Series" because of the stylized logo, and not because it's meant to be read that way.

They do that with title logos sometimes, particularly long ones, where the big focal part of the title logo is wedged between the beginning of the name spread between the top and bottom of said big focal part.
the official name for season 23 was Pokémon Journeys: The Series
Do you guys think these will still drop in June or get pushed back to July or August?
Why would they be pushed?
June 25th or July 2nd
Where did you get these from?

UnovaMaster

Where did you get these from?

June 25th is the first summer Friday

July 2nd is if Netflix wants to time it out at the beginning of the month like it has been

and with Canada starting to air them June 12th, anything past these two Fridays for the US is simply crossed out

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
June 25th is the first summer Friday

July 2nd is if Netflix wants to time it out at the beginning of the month like it has been

and with Canada starting to air them June 12th, anything past these two Fridays for the US is simply crossed out
I think it will be June 12 since last year it was June 13. And summer isn't a constraint since people call June summer.

UnovaMaster

I think it will be June 12 since last year it was June 13. And summer isn't a constraint since people call June summer.

Then you'd mean June 11th because Netflix doesn't drop the episodes on Saturdays

Also Canada has consistently the past year always gotten episodes up to 2-3 weeks before us

My math checks out, hopefully we get the new theme song in late May to hold us over on the little extra wait

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Then you'd mean June 11th because Netflix doesn't drop the episodes on Saturdays

Also Canada has consistently the past year always gotten episodes up to 2-3 weeks before us

My math checks out, hopefully we get the new theme song in late May to hold us over on the little extra wait
Yes June 11