• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"Oh no we can't stop fans from spoiling the episode before people get to see it, what do we do?"
"...Simulcast the sh--"
"SPOIL IT OURSELVES AND PREEMPT THE PROBLEM BY LITERALLY BECOMING THE PROBLEM OURSELVES, RUINING THE SURPRISE FOR LITERALLY EVERYONE, OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is, without hyperbole, the dumbest thing I have ever seen them do. And they have done some mighty dumb things. They brought the spoiler from hard to avoid to basically impossible to avoid. Within minutes of the episode airing, essentially going out of their way to punish people for not pirating. Because that's who suffers for this. The people who watched the episode live got the intended experience. (Assuming they understand Japanese at least.) All the people waiting for the legal release got screwed over. By Pokémon themselves.

Simulcast the show you goshdang dinosaurs.
Thank goodness I barely care about Ash because otherwise I'd be pretty pissed.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Can we stop pretending if Pokemon didnt post that dub watchers and non piracy people still wont be spoiled?
It would have still been everywhere on social media like when Ash first won the league
If anything Its smart they got ahead and garnered the engagement towards themselves and initiated it this time around, they literally got half a million likes on their post
If ANYTHING, casusals would probably be more willing to check out the dub on netflix now and when new episodes come just to see where Pokemon at and how Ash won, so many people in my college who tapped out after OS or DP are messaging me and asking me to hook them up with relevant episodes coz they wanna see Ash win the thing and are interested in it. Capitalising early on the hype is the smarter decision, dub watchers would have been spoiled either way by news outlets and social media, be realistic here

Trey pokes

Yeah, Like I'm again a dub-only watcher but, I've been spoiled about everything since the XY days! I'm used to being told about the master's 8, the Alola league when it was airing in Japan and the build-up to the XYZ season also. I also know that Project Mew is in last legs in Japan and this supposed series finale that is JN135 is going to air in a couple weeks. Take it from me, we don't mind being spoiled, it's all in the waiting game that separates us form the JP version. Especially with Netflix and their distribution ways, we're lucky we even get new episodes any couple of months.

Spyro39

I find it very baffling that in spite of TPC being fully aware of people outside of Japan watching the episodes subbed and up to date via unauthorized streaming (to the point of spoiling Ash's major tournament wins twice on their non-Japanese Twitter account before they aired dubbed), they still don't provide a legal method for people to do so.

Sham

The Guardian of War
PM2019 117: The Fiery Road to Mastership!
Airs December 10 on Teletoon.
It’s gonna kill the mood that TPC replaced Iris voice actor since it’s kinda removing the sentiment from their original fight but if Eileen left for the reasons that’s been implied, then good for her.

Excited to hear Cynthia’s voice here

Sham

The Guardian of War
Good for her! Im glad we got to hear her one more time atleast
Yes. Despite it being semi controversial a lot of people are at least happy the new voice actresses is similar in appearance to Iris. The new voice might take some time to getting use to but after hearing for awhile, people were right it’s okay just a bad time to do it.

Although the dub attempting to modernize her dialogue is cringe. When she asked for a “selfie” with Cynthia and Diantha eh. It’s obv okay irl but in Pokémon?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This had me so happy until i realized that the current series is called Ultimate Journeys and not Masters :(
Let's pick off the lies in this tweet:

1) Neither Ash or Chloe catch anything. That's all Goh.
2) Chloe barely even battles.
3) Actually not really enough captures across all regions in this last leg, especially Johto, which is absent.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Let's pick off the lies in this tweet:

1) Neither Ash or Chloe catch anything. That's all Goh.
2) Chloe barely even battles.
3) Actually not really enough captures across all regions in this last leg, especially Johto, which is absent.

Don't Ash and Chloe catch one each in Master Journeys? Dracovish and Eevee?