• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

RetroPokeFan

S24 EP4: How Are You Gonna Keep 'Em Off of the Farm?

Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - James/Meowth
Michele Knotz - Jessie
Cherami Leigh - Chloe
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Raboot/Chrysa
Tara Sands - Yamper

Additional Voices -

Laurie Hymes - Pelipper
Kai Jordan - Laxton
Billy Kametz - Ren
Erica Schroeder - Eevee/Goh's Rotom Phone
Marc Thompson

And with Kai on the show that means all three of Leon's English VA's have appeared in Journeys.

RetroPokeFan

S24 EP5: Healing the Healer! -

Cast -

Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Casey Mongillo - Cinderace/Chrysa/Goh's Raichu

Additional Voices -

Emily Jenness (Emily Bauer) - Officer Jenny
Khoi Dao
Billy Kametz - Ren
Jake Paque
Bill Rogers - Lucario
Adin Rudd
Erica Schroeder - Goh's Rotom Phone/Sobble
Marc Thompson

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

S24 EP6: Sobble Spies a Stealthy Strategy!

Cast -

Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - James/Meowth
Michele Knotz - Jessie
Casey Mongillo - Cinderace

Additional Voices -

Sandy Fox - Kricketina Kylie
Abe Goldfarb
Kyle Hebert - Kublock
Laurie Hymes - Pelipper
Billy Kametz - Ren
Mike Liscio
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Lori Phillips - Jacqueline
Bill Rogers - Inteleon?
Adin Rudd - Agent (Film Actor)
Erica Schroeder - Sobble/Goh's Rotom Phone
Marc Thompson - Kublock's Producer

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Wow, it's unusual to see Sandy Fox taking more roles this soon.

Is Jacqueline the movie actress? If so, this will be the first time Sandy won't use her sweet girl voice (though I wouldn't put it past Lisa Ortiz to have Sandy use her sweet voice because Lisa believes adults have voices like that).
Yes, it's the actress with the Inteleon.

RetroPokeFan

S24 EP07: The Tale of You and Glimwood Tangle!

Cast -

Cast -

Zeno Robinson - Goh
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh - Chloe
Casey Mongillo - Cinderace/Chrysa
Tara Sands - Yamper

Additional Voices -

Jason Griffith - Impidimp
Billy Kametz - Ren
Marin Miller - Opal
Erica Schroeder - Eevee/Goh's Rotom Phone

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m really wondering who they’re going recast as Iris’ voice during her return episode. Kinda sad Eileen left during the SM series. Maybe she’ll return for that episode

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

If it's Cassandra Lee (Iris's VA in Masters), I'll be a bit sold.
TPCI normally doesn't use the same actor for each version of the character hence why they all have different voice actors (as mentioned Eileen in the main anime, Cherami Leigh in Generations and Cassandra Lee Morris in Masters). If they aren't able to get Eileen, she's most likely going to be recast with a new actor.

Kind of unfortunate because had we lived in a different alternate universe where Cassandra hadn't voiced her yet it would have been interesting to see her get a shot at a character played by Eileen when it's normally the other way around (Yubel and Leo and Luna).

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Maybe a tad WAY too much whenever she yelled and made me contemplate bashing my head on the wall.

But Cassandra very much sells the idea that she's cute and adorable.
Well you don’t like the character in general so that’s isn’t surprising tbh

also I never really got sold on that all female characters have to be cute or adorable to be liked. Lillie’s VA tried a sweet voice and it was bad. That’s what I liked about Eileen. She did the complete opposite of Aoi. Both are nice but I liked the contrast.

RetroPokeFan

I thought it was because of different dubbing companies and all that.
Well, there is that too but my guess is they want each and every performance of the character to sound different from the rest hence why for side projects and stuff like Masters, they send them off to different dubbing studios and why say Blue currently has three different VA's or Lance having four different VA's even if some of those portrayals are based on the same video game counterpart.

Again, just my guess and I could just be spouting absolute nonsense for all I know. :p

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well you don’t like the character in general so that’s isn’t surprising tbh
I like Goh's VA Zeno Robinson because he does make a good voice for Goh, even if Goh himself sucks as an entertaining character to me, so I can assure you that voices =/= character. So please don't even think me disliking a character means I dislike everything about them. You could have Erika Harlacher voice Ash and I'd still like his voice but not his character.

That being said, I didn't like Iris for both her character and her nasal voice.
Lillie’s VA tried a sweet voice and it was bad.
The thing is, Lillie is older than Iris (though that may depend on personalities if they're actually the same age, because Lillie truly never struck me as this cutesy character in the games), and her VA choice sucked royally to high heavens (whereas she apparently sounded much better in the Lupin the Third movie) because her voice choice was...very, very awful. On that note, Lana barely sounded older than her twin sisters, which is a bit grating.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean you go on about how she was arrogant and had a full head and contribute a bunch of personality traits to her that’s a bit exaggerated so I just assumed the voice had something to do with that because narratively speaking she barely behaved like that. And what basis do we have Lillie is older than Iris? Are you referring to the games or the anime?
Boy, I'm not judgmental on people's voices, but she really was arrogant many times, especially when teasing Ash when she was no better.

Games and anime, since neither of those two look any different between incarnations.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean until stated otherwise I’m just gonna assume they’re the same age especially since we have Gladion who is apparently older than Lillie and that would make him a teenager which he clearly isn’t (at least not an older one). As far as the arrogance thing goes… um yeah agree to disagree since there has never been anything in the dialogue that made it seem like she was better than Ash or that she believed she was better. If that was the case she would of bragged about defeating him in the club tournament. Instead we have many scenes of her encouraging Ash and cheering him on but I guess it’s easier to ignore that stuff to push a point.
I think I meant to say hypocrite instead of arrogant, but let's just end this here and agree to disagree.