• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub voices you just didn’t like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
(You can also discuss sub voices as well)

I always disliked Brandon’s voice during BF and after
Lillie’s dub voice needs to be boycotted
I also dislike Kiawe’s voice depending on the episode
Michele Knotz as Misty ain’t it either
Zoey’s voice sounded raspy at times
Barry sounded annoying and I’ll admit Paul sounded way too old to be believable.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Lillie’s dub voice sounds like a wine mom named Karen who buys cupcakes at the store for her kids’ bake sale. Compare that to Kei Shindō’s voice- which is probably my favorite Pokégirl voice- and the dub is just a mass slaughter.
Kiawe also sounds like a middle-aged dad of four. No, really, what is up with the SM dub and making these kids sound like they have mortgage payments due in 15 years? It’s hilarious to me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
OS Scyther because it was way too high pitched for a fierce looking giant Bug Pokémon, Hoopa Imprisoned, Shaymin in its movie, and Rotom Dex because I wanted its voice to be similar to the OS Dex yet slightly different sounding.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Japanese Meowth is the worst thing I've ever heard.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The newer Professor Oak dub voice sounds too young and is a bit offputting. Not really a fan of the newer Brock dub voice either. It just seems off somehow.

Last edited:

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I also dislike Kiawe’s voice depending on the episode

Aw, I think he's one of the best ones dub-wise.

Lillie sounds too old and also sounds a bit monotonous. New Meowth is also pretty bad, but then again, so is his Jap voice, I only ever enjoyed Maddie as him.

As much as I love Jessie, I think her new dub voice is getting worse. It was okay whenever Jessie is calm, but when Jessie goes crazy, especially in SM, it's way too extreme, to the point where it's hard to understand her.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Lillie’s dub voice sounds like a wine mom named Karen who buys cupcakes at the store for her kids’ bake sale. Compare that to Kei Shindō’s voice- which is probably my favorite Pokégirl voice- and the dub is just a mass slaughter.
Kiawe also sounds like a middle-aged dad of four. No, really, what is up with the SM dub and making these kids sound like they have mortgage payments due in 15 years? It’s hilarious to me.
Is Kiawe’s that bad to you? Tbh it’s a voice I’d expect to hear from him and suits his personality perfectly lol. Now if there’s a character that sounds too old for their age in the dub it’s Sawyer!

For me: BF-DP Ash, Post-4Kids TRio + Brock, Iris, Serena, Sawyer, Alain, Bonnie, Lillie, & Samson Oak.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
That's really ironic when you consider that the guy who does Oak's voice also does James's and Meowth's voices too and he makes them sound 40 years older than they look.

I really don't like his work in general, James is okay, but Oak is clearly just James' voice a bit higher pitched and sounding a bit goofier. Just like his Meowth and Munchlax voices are exactly the same...

He was fine as Gary though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That's really ironic when you consider that the guy who does Oak's voice also does James's and Meowth's voices too and he makes them sound 40 years older than they look.
Yea I know lol. I think it's in part due to the higher pitch he uses for the characters voice.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Jessie’s VA superior to me than James’ and Meowth’s if we’re being honest.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I didn't like any of the voices of the main characters in BF besides...Brock. I know they're all the same voice actors, but it just seems like the recordings were just awful and different to me (A good example is where Ash tells Phanphy to use Hidden Power in one of the episodes).

Blastmaster

One voice I don't hear anyone talk is Nathan Price's Meowth from the very early episodes. It's super irritating. Maddie Blaustein was so much better at giving Meowth's voice a certain silly charm to it.

Iris's voice is also really shrill when she's yelling, which also kind of worsens how annoying her catchphrase is lol

And yeah agreed on Lillie. The voice direction in the SM dub is what made me lose track of the series.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh, and Korrina's dub voice. Sabrina's dub voice is one of my favorites, and I can't comprehend how they're done by the same person.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lillie and Bonnie, though to be fair both Bonnie's are annoying
Current Misty, garbage performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.