• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dubstep?

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
Anyone else love dubstep? (which is now the new hipster genre apparently)

It's a relatively new genre (originating around 2000 or 1999) with "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals" according to Wikipedia

If you don't like it, well, it's an acquired taste.

I first learned about it on newgrounds a year or two ago, by listening to some songs by an artist there called xKore. :0000 I don't favor any particular artists of the genre, I just listen to any dubstep that I can find :D Deadmau5 has some dubstep tracks, which are good I guess

Anyone else like dubstep? List some of your favorite artists or songs in this genre :p

EDIT: rank uppppp

Dubstep is abominable.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
I really don't understand why Dubstep is so good :l Maybe I don't like sense I only like Metal but hey, whateve. Or it might be that I may have never heard Dubstep. >.> Someone give me a link to a good Dubstep song. :D

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
For most dubstep fans out there I'm gonna sound like a total noob... I love dubstep, but the only artist I find awesome is Skrillex. His tracks are just so badass...

FashionableLad

Dawn•Advent Ghost
I love dubstep for some reason now it's become quite popular. Dubstep's kinda always been like the "Heavy Metal" form of Electric/Techno to me at least. And nah Skrillex is really all that hahah my favorite track by him is "This is a Shark Attack".

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
wooot another Skrillex fan!! I thought I was the only one on this forum!! :D My fave is his remix of Cinema, it's just eargasmic. I also love Equinox.
EDIT: rank up!! woot

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
wooot another Skrillex fan!! I thought I was the only one on this forum!! :D My fave is his remix of Cinema, it's just eargasmic. I also love Equinox.
EDIT: rank up!! woot

lol i love skrillex too

My favorite song by him happens to be Kill EVERYBODY, which was also the first song I heard from him :000

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
dubstep was like the flu at my college last semester. I like it, but Im not that big into it. I do like scary monsters and nice sprites though

I pretty much freaked out when I realized Skrillex is actually Sonny Moore, the old vocalist of From First to Last. I met him once, at a concert back in the day, but thought he disappeared from the planet when he left FFTL. Guess not.
I started listening to dubstep sometime last summer; I think it was like right before it ridiculously peaked in popularity because only two of my friends were really familiar with the genre. Dubstep is all right, but I don't treat it much differently than I do electronic/techno/whatever genres people are using these days.
I just don't understand why it got so popular though, to the point that even big name pop artists (like Britney Spears) are incorporating dubstep sounds into their music. Suppose it's just the in thing right now.

Skydra

Never heard any it, and probably wouldn't care to, since 95% of everything I listen to is some sort of rock.

Priceless

**** this, i'm out
YES. UKFDubstep FTW here. =D

I don't really like Skrillex tbh, I'm mostly into like London-based dubstep (tbh it comes with being into UK urban stuff) like DJ Fresh, Chase & Status, Nero, and Ry Legit being the main ones, along with like the underground UKF Dubstep artists.

)WisP(

Graceful as the wind
I don't mind dubstep, although I don't like it with vocals. Usually I'll just listen to metal, but if I'm at a party or whatever it's much better than rap or chart music or whatever. No prefered artists from me though.