• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duel Masters

For some of you that don't know Duel Masters is a exciting collectable card game/TCG which is like a cross path between YGO and MTG. It's not a ygo rippoff so don't wet your pants. The game discontinued in 2006 and Wizards in 2010 took of the links on their site. The reason I think this is because at that time people would come to a sense where Duel masters related to Duel Monsters (YGO) and YGO was quite becoming a good tcg at that time.

KAIJUDO: RISE OF THE DUEL MASTERS is an animated action-adventure fantasy series that tells the story of RAIDEN (RAY) PIERCE-OKAMOTO, a talented 14 year-old creature tamer, ‘whisperer’ and duelist who along with his friends Allie and Gabe, battle the evil forces that are appearing in our world who have come through the Veil, to wreak havoc . In the world of Duel Masters, other-worldly creatures, “kaiju” co-existed with mankind for thousands of years. All was peaceful for centuries, but now The Veil has begun to tear, and creatures are coming to Earth with frightening regularity. Mankind’s hope rests with those brave few who can tame the creatures…The Duel Masters!

This is the new show which will feature next year in USA on the Hub Channel next year. This sounds more like Digimon description but I like the fact it doesn't link in with YGO so I'm happy. I haven't got anything to show you about the characters and other stuff as it hasn't been released yet.

'I just wanted to let all my fellow DA members know and my fans that I have been creating and art directing a new boys action series for
Hasbro Studios(HUB) which is called Kaijudo:Rise of the Duelmasters. Yes, it is based on the card game Duelmasters from Wizards of The Coast. We have written the rules of the game into the mythology of the show and yes we are stylizing existing creatures into the series as well as creating a whole new main cast. Its the first boys action series I have worked on and its the best project I have worked in I don't know how long. I am very passionate about this project and proud of what we have accomplished visually and narratively thus far.
I promise you all- it wont disappoint.
I didn't realize how big the brand is until I typed in Duelmasters to the DA database. So tell your friends and anyone of this following.
I cant post anything yet but the series will be launching in March/April of 2012 and is sure to blow your socks off..... Stay Tuned.'

This is information in which I researched finding out that people are planning stuff for this show. March/April is a good time as we I want them to make the show appear good.

I just wanted to post this for people who are looking for a mid-ranged game of YGO and MTG and people who have quit Duel masters I wanted to inform them of the news. If you don't like what I've posted please say so.

http://www.youtube.com/v/tinO3WGT1ps
I just wanted to show you guys this if you don't recognise the game.

XX-Saber Mark

Duel Masters is pretty awesome. I didn't ever think I would like it more than yugioh but I actually did once I tried. I enjoy the rules a lot more. Since they discontinued it in NA, I bought the PS2 game to play, it's great but only has a few of the sets.

I wasn't that big of a fan of the show but if they continue the show will they continue making more sets of cards for North America I wonder?

Well Duels Masters is quite popular in Poland so they might want to bring it down there also. The thing is what's the point of bring back the show if there isn't going to be products. It's like having products without the show to give people an idea of how the game will look like.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
It certainly sounds like this Duel Masters show is going to be a bit more serious than the last dub. The synopsis makes it sound like a Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh crossover to me (and I like both, so I'm OK with it).

The card game itself was also worlds more fun for me than Yu-Gi-Oh, possibly because of its flexibility and that every card has some usefulness to it. (I ran a near-unbeatable pure-Fire deck back in the day)
So without a doubt I want the game back too.

hiverstone

It certainly sounds like this Duel Masters show is going to be a bit more serious than the last dub. The synopsis makes it sound like a Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh crossover to me (and I like both, so I'm OK with it).

The card game itself was also worlds more fun for me than Yu-Gi-Oh, possibly because of its flexibility and that every card has some usefulness to it. (I ran a near-unbeatable pure-Fire deck back in the day)
So without a doubt I want the game back too.

Yugioh? But they didn't say anything about cards. To me, it seems like Danny Phantom, but the main character isn't a creature.

Last edited:
i quite liked duel masters but it's basically just a watered-down magic the gathering with extreme levels of power creep.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The game discontinued in 2006 and Wizards in 2010 took of the links on their site.

The Duel Masters TCG is still going in Japan. And I've heard it's selling pretty well too. Though sadly I lost track of all of the new abilities the newer cards have.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I remember this game being super confusing I'm not too shocked to see it still going strong in Japan but I remember having some of the cards though it was kinda difficult to understand but after a while I kinda got it I wish the anime had continued though.

I had just watched the first series of Duel Masters last week and it didn't give much information about certain cards or gameplay. I think that maybe one of the reasons the game failed in USA was due to the first show of DM and the lack of knowledge people would get from the show.

It depends on how you find the game, it's more interesting and has small contents of mtg but with easier contents. I think Pokemon TCG has some tapping involved so I think if you understand that it should be easy ^^. Nice Sig, Skitty btw :eek: