• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dueling Heroes (218)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dueling Heroes!

Its the Whirl Cup Tournement and Ash & Misty are in seperate blocks. They both have tough battles ahead and have to win to continue on to get to the finals. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

S

Shiny May

I've seen this eppie this morning. It's a funny one with the Totodile who dances all the time and bites Kingdra's mouth so it can't fire hydro pump and the Qwilfish that gets stuck on Corsola's horns. Really funny!!! :D
Also like the ending, showing that Misty and Ash will battle each other!! Nicely thought off

O

Ororo Munroe

Shiny May said:
It's a funny one with the Totodile who dances all the time and bites Kingdra's mouth so it can't fire hydro pump and the Qwilfish that gets stuck on Corsola's horns.
Yeah, the way the battles were fought were good.

Shiny May said:
Also like the ending, showing that Misty and Ash will battle each other!! Nicely thought off
It was obvious that'd happen though. They did that with Ash and Ritchie back in the Indigo League competition as well.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Christopher! <3 *Minor Character love* Just seen this episode again for myself, and I've gotta say that that boy with the Kingdra was a pretty damn good character.

Yeah. Well, he battled pretty good, and he looked kinda like me. Except younger, and with a cap. (Which I would never wear.) And did you notice... you know. Professor Oak strikes again, I believe.

Oh, and that Mystery Guy that keeps popping up (The one with the white jumper and cap.) was in this episode too. o.o;

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I think that Ash should have used Hyper Beam on Psyduck and eventually won the match.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
crawdauntpro said:
I think that Ash should have used Hyper Beam on Psyduck and eventually won the match.
I think that's next episode...yeah that is next episode. And none of Ash's Pokemon know Hyper Beam...I think

MaskedManAbsolkid

I saw this episode today, and I liked it. There were two bits I liked. I liked the bit where Totodile bit Kingdra's mouth. It was kinda like a kiss, and I guessed Totodile would do that. Kingdra was flying through the arena! Me other favourite bit was where Qwilfish was on Corsola, and Corsola was swimming around the circle things!
Also, I remember the mod Geodude saying something about the trainer being called Harrison, and Qwilfish's japanese name is something like Herrison. I tried to look for that, and I'm sure the trainer wasn't called Harrison.
Also, did anyone notice a kinda resemblance between between the Kingdra trainer and Max from Pokemon AG? Or am I imagining things?

7/10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Definitely the best part of this episode had to be Misty's battle against the guy with the qwilfish. OMG, that was HILARIOUS when qwilfish accidentally got stuck on Corsola's horn. LOL :D Misty's expression was especially funny. It was also funny when Totodile got tired of waiting for kingdra to reemerge and started dancing again.

Heh, Tododile has such a tiny attention span XD

TR were actually funny here, probably because they didn't actually interfere in the matches.

lol Bayleef. Poor thing, it's really in love with Ash ^^

Qwilfish and Corsola were funny. Misty's expression was what made the match, though XD The Qwiflish guy was cool, but his voice got a bit irritating after a while.

This episode really focused on Pokémon inflating o_0. Qwilfish I get, but Kingdra? No, it can't get that bloated and still live ._.

Hydro Pump looked different here than in every other episode. Sure, it was a plot device, but a hollow tunnel would've worked, too.....

Kingdra's voice seems to change with every episode >_>

Overall rating:
8.2 out of 10
Fairly good, but could've been better. Meh, the Whirl Cup itself could've been better ¬_¬

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
V Faction said:
crawdauntpro is referring to Kingler.

I was, yes, sorry about that, I should have been more clear on what I said.

Jeff Zero

crawdauntpro is referring to Kingler.

True, though the show seemed to have forgotten that Kingler had hyper beam by the time he got to battle again. But Crabhammer was still pretty darn cool.

Ash's Snorlax also knows Hyper Beam. It's known it since the Orange Islands (from the one where they had to get it up a hill to the Pokemon Centre when it's Pokeball broke) and has used it more than once. I can't help but wonder where it got Ice Punch though. ???

Battra

Excellent episode both Ash and Misty had excellent battles with hialarious finishers from Totodile chomping down on Kingdra's mouth to Qwilfish getting stuck on Corsola's horns. Nice Ash got Kingler from Oak it's certainly will be nice to see it again since it was last seen all the way at the start of he Indigo League, i'm glad the writer's didn't really on Squirtle coming back though it would've been nice to see Lapras again. Poor Bayleef she doesn't want to be at Oak's she want's to be with Ash, loved seeing Bayleef panic when she realized Ash wasn't around and she was in a completely different place.

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

This episode was very good with some really funny moments.The battle between Ash and that guy with Kingdra was really enjoyable to watch and i admit at first i thought that Kingdra will win but Totodile managed to surprise everyone and bite her mouth.Kingdra flying around was epic.Despite that she lost in somewhat weird way im glad that we get to see her in action.

As for match with Misty against that guy with qwilfish the whole battle was hilarious.Especially the part when qwilfish stucked on corsolas horns and she send him straight in the air using spike cannon.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I've seen this eppie this morning. It's a funny one with the Totodile who dances all the time and bites Kingdra's mouth so it can't fire hydro pump and the Qwilfish that gets stuck on Corsola's horns. Really funny!!! :D

Easily the best parts.

Somewhat boring, though, but at least it came down to Ash & Misty getting to battle each other! Woo hoo!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i saw this episode not too long ago, this episode made totodile my favorite pokemon of the johto region^^