• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dueling Heroes (218)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Kingdra was robbed of a win. I like Totodile as much as anyone, but he shouldn't have won.

His decision to clamp Kingdra's mouth shut was a smart strategy however, plus him dancing inside of Kingdra's Hydro Pump at one point was funny at least. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was relieved when Satoshi had Okido-hakase send over his Kingler, and how Bayleaf panicked when she met Okido-hakase. Waninoko versus Kingdra, and Sunnygo versus Harysen were great battles, too. I also appreciated the Rocket-dan's enthusiasm when they were selling merchandise and souvenirs in the stands.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I also appreciated the Rocket-dan's enthusiasm when they were selling merchandise and souvenirs in the stands.

Ugh, I hated how they were stuck with such crappy jobs selling stuff all for the sake of stealing that one chick's scepter. TR would've been better off doing something else.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Misty's battle against the Quilfish trainer more than Ash's battle because of how Corsola's horns got stuck on Quilfish. :)

I liked that battle cuz of how Qwilfish sucked in water to get bigger just like a real life blowfish and also cuz of how its strategy backfired and Corsola took advantage of it getting stuck to finish things with Spike Cannon.

I didn't get why Bayleef had such an extreme reaction when Ash sent her to Professor Oak. I thought that by this stage she had gotten over her co-dependency on Ash. But anyways, the Whirl Cup matches were awesome.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I didn't get why Bayleef had such an extreme reaction when Ash sent her to Professor Oak. I thought that by this stage she had gotten over her co-dependency on Ash. But anyways, the Whirl Cup matches were awesome.

She seemed distressed to be in a new environment, though I felt worse for Prof. Oak since he now had to deal with a second Pokemon that would make his life a living hell.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't really understand why Maya was even introduced in this episode since she did nothing throughout the whole Whirlpool Cup tournament, except watch the various battles unfold. She barely spoke, and her presence could've been scrapped entirely and nothing in the tournament would've changed.

Daizy

I call you honey
Misty's match was funny because of Corsola's stunt with Qwilfish and Ash was awesome when he crushed Kingdra. What I disliked was when Ash and Misty had to combat each other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Waninoko versus Kingdra surprised me since Waninoko seemed weak compared to Kingdra, yet he defeated such a strong evolved species using goofy tactics in the end.

I really liked how Misty won her battle against the Qwilfish by turning the tide and taken advantage of Qwilfish getting stuck. Ash versus the Kingdra trainer seemed cheap in a way because I didn't think that Ash had even trained Totodile much, so I didn't think their victory was really justified. But I loved the constant battles and the funny Team Rocket moments of this episode.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Misty's match was funny because of Corsola's stunt with Qwilfish and Ash was awesome when he crushed Kingdra. What I disliked was when Ash and Misty had to combat each other.

I liked how the episode ended with Ash and Misty being shocked that they were now enemies because it was bound to happen and they needed to settle their score after the Cerulean gym episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I liked how the episode ended with Ash and Misty being shocked that they were now enemies because it was bound to happen and they needed to settle their score after the Cerulean gym episode.

Actually they had already "settled their score" in the Togepy debut episode when they battled and Satoshi won. Personally, the drama surrounding Satoshi and Kasumi being revealed to be opponents here was predictable, yet still satisfying since I had wanted to see them battle again after such a long time.

Poor Bayleef.

Cookie Cookie is back! Lol Kingdra deflating. Nice job Totodile for defeating Kingdra. I would have perferred for Ash vs Misty to be the final match of the Whirl Cup. Ash could have also brought his Squirtle back too.