• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dueling Heroes (218)

I find it slightly annoying how neither battle ended with a proper fight. They were both 'comic' wins. I anticipated Totodile blowing up Kingdra, but Qwilfish getting stuck on Corsola - not so much!

Still enjoyed it though.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought the battles in this episode were really good. I enjoyed seeing Totodile bite Kingdra and Qwilfish get caught in Corsola's horns. I kind of shocked me that Ash and Misty are battling so soon. I expected that they would eventually battle, but I figured it would be later. Anyways, I'm sure it will be a great battle.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hmm, good battle, especially with Kingdra and Qwilfish.

Totodile was great, his strategy was amazing.

and too bad that Brock wasn't participate.

Sayho1234

Totodile really should've evolved during the Whirl cup arc. It would've made perfect sense to evolve during this arc. Also we should've seen Misty use Starmie & Horsea again during this arc as well.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably one of the most interesting episodes of the Johto Whirl Cup mini-arc. I say interesting, but not in a good way exactly. Ash's battle against that Kingdra trainer was just awful. I mean really, Ash's Totodile who gets little screentime or training, defeats a Kingdra by shutting it's mouth when it was using Hydro Pump? So ridiculous. I mean, it would've been an ok sort of victory had it not been for the fact that Misty's opponent used a Quilfish who was able to absorb water from the field and use it to it's advantage. I mean, that was like the same thing Kingdra did, only it "blow up" instead of getting stronger. Corsola defeated Quilfish on accident almost (since it got stuck on it's horns), which was another cheap win. Overall, interesting victories for both Ash and Misty, but kind of cheap. 5/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. Totodile biting Kingdra's mouth to prevent Hydro Pump, and Qwilfish getting stuck in Corsola's horns was very funny to see. Seeing Qwilfish for the 1st time was very cool. Qwilfish's Pin Missle attack was very cool to see.

60/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was good. Cool to see how Totodile beat that Kingdra by biting it's mouth. Seeing Quilfish for the first time was pretty interesting.

7/10

7threst

For me, the whirl arc in its entirety felt like a smaller version of the Orange League series. I loved how they both gave Misty's battle and Ash's battle equally screening time and that made this episode packed with two interesting battles to watch. I remember I was really surprised too when I saw that Ash and Misty had to battle each other in the second 2. This episode and the next one were probably some of the best episodes at the beginning of Master Quest.

Blessed

Excellent episode, both Ash and Misty had excellent battles. I loved how Brock told Ash that Misty's battling style was similar to Ash's because of how she turned the battle around in her favor, it was hot that he said that. I got a kick out of seeing Bayleef's reaction to being at Prof. Oak's. Seeing Bayleef panic when she realized Ash wasn't around and she was in a completely different place slayed me.

These matches were difficult. I can't believe Kingdra actually blew up like that. You would have never guessed that would have happened. That guy who battled Misty shouldn't have underestimated her. Because, underestimating your opponent is the first step in defeat.

p96822

Evolve me please
Ash's Totodile battle felt right. It had comitic, felt like something Totodile would do and it felt nautural for it. Corlosa had more of a force win in it.

Zamin

I loved this episode, Harrison was a great character, I hope they bring him back. Overall, this was just completely fab!

NPT

Just a member
This was a good episode. I'm glad Ash's Totodile got a win after so long, it was barely getting screentime in the previous episodes. Misty's won her battle by luck, Corsola defeated Quilfish when It was stuck on it's horn. Bayleef's reaction to at Professor Oak's ranch was funny. Ash and Misty will battle in the next episode.

Last edited:
Kingdra looked hilarious all puffed up like that!
So was Bayleef's reaction to being in a strange environment! :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Totodile vs Kingdra and I was surprised by how Ash won hee hee. I thought Misty and Corsola did a good job also plus I felt kind of bad for Bayleef when she got sent to Oak's lab in exchange for Kingler. ^^;

JudySpell

Banned
That old guy's Qwilfish being stuck on Corsola's horns was wicked funny. I also liked how Qwilfish expanded by swallowing water too. 7/10