• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duels of the Jungle! (461)

Leona

YOU JELLY?
this episode was the worst episode of season 9

DaMike52

Banned
I didn't like it how Aipom got hurt by Shadow ball. THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
So typical of Jessie. She wanted something so badly (for instance Weavile) that in the end she got nothing as always.

catzisconfus

i give this episode 6/10 cuz it was kinda the usual pokemon thing, it was boring and nobody really cared about the weavile/snealsel ... it was boring

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Boring episode.
Except from Weavile, i didn't love anything.
At least Aipom appeared.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Another perfect oppurtunity for a new capture, down the drain.

I liked to see the rivalry between that group of Weavile. They were nasty and I had wished to see Jessie catch one.

Apart from their debut, which should have occured in Sinnoh but was in Kanto to excite Pokemon fans, it was dreadful. 3/10

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
One of the best filers of this series! First the revelation of a new pokemon Weavile...... and story of their conflicts... excellent episode

Hm. for some reason YTV didn't play this epsiode (or the show before it, or even the show(s) after it either) because it's *checks the station* still stuck at a white "Corus Entertainment" screen. Weird.

And I was really looking forward to this episode too!

Oh, well. Looks like I might have to watch it online when I get the chance.
Because something tells me it'll be a looooooong while before it ever get's played on YTV again.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Weavile for the 1st time. Weavile is a very strong Pokemon. I'm not surprised that Weavile easily defeated Aipom. This episode made Aipom look very big. It was interesting to see how violent this episode was. As usual Jessie was falling in love with Weavile, considering how much she wanted Sneasel, not too surprised. It was odd to see Aipom get hurt by Shadow Balls.

20/100

Vernikova

Champion
This episode should be burned to the ground. It's bad filler episodes like this that make re-watching this show difficult.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh Terra, I just love that sense of humor. But I have to agree with you abit. I didn't like this episode much either.

My ears...my ears. Dear god, my ears.

I don't know what's worse about things here:

Ash? He has a sore throat with cigarette smoking issues.
May? Sounds like she's been sucking way too much helium...self-explanatory, really.
Max? Old lady.
Brock? This was when Bill started to become obnoxious as Brock, IMO. He started getting really rough and gruff in the role. Didn't like it one bit. :/
James? Good, actually. Still sounded like he had a cold, but Zoppi could still act here. At least he still halfway resembles the former VA, which is better than I can say for the others besides Jessie.
Jessie? Helium ingestion, here we go. Sounds like an 8 year old Jessie. Best impression, though.
Meowth? Bad Blaustein impression. Eh, it's better than his BW dub voice.

Speaking of it, man, Ash was a prick in the TPCi dub when TAJ Productions was the recording studio. Sheesh. His voice is extremely rough and ear-grating to me.

The episode itself was boring, though. Talk about pointless and annoying to watch.

Weavile's voice was okay. Still not as good as his 4Kids voice, but tolerable. Good job Rogers, but again, you're no Stuart to me...at all.

6.5/10 is more than fair on this one.

Last edited:

matt0044

My ears...my ears. Dear god, my ears.

On the bright side, it shows you how far they've come in voicing compared to now. Sarah as Ash mostly.

Okay, it's not that bright.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
-#23: Duels of the Jungle!

Like many other episodes, this one starts with them walking (they're heading to the Battle Pyramid), but this time, Aipom is out of her Poke Ball, too. Aipom pushes on his head, Ash remarks that she must have gained weight, and the rest of them laugh, but I don't crack a smile...

After they reach a field, Max and Brock say something about how good it is to see the sun and smell the air again., Aipom and Pikachu roam go off to play, Aipom gets lost and encounters a Weavile. Weavile uses Shadow Ball, causes an explosion, which gets the gang's attention. They catch up to Aipom, and Ash tries to beat the Weavile with Pikachu, but fails. After the gang talks down to the audience, they dodge a Shadow Ball meant for Pikachu, and Ash says this line:

"Everyone in good shape?" (Who worries about their friends like this?)

So Aipom takes over again, but Weavile's Shadow Ball takes it down. Other than the fact that it shouldn't affect Aipom at all, it went down too easily.

May: That was so rough!

They're trying to make this up to be some huge deal, but May's choice of words severely downplays it. Anyway, they look back to see that Weavile is gone, and a plot device named Kerrigan comes by, saying he has a hut for Aipom to rest in...it took no less than two Shadow Balls, and it's out of commission? This is worse than that hospital scene from Pika and Goliath!...but I digress.

As they go to the hut, Team Rocket pops up. Meowth says they should stay away from the Weavile, while Jessie wants it all to herself. You'd think she'd want it so Giovanni can have a Sinnoh Pokemon before Ash does, but no, she just wants it. Meanwhile, Kerrigan introduces himself, saying he watches over the forest. After Ash's friends introduce themselves, they stand in the background for most of the rest of the episode. Plot Device tells them about Weavile. Basically, Weavile was part of a group of Sneasel and Weavile, but it left the group, so now it spends its time challenging random trainers and Pokemon. Plot Device decides to go outside, and Ash wants to tag along. However, PD tells him it's too dangerous. Of course, Ash manages to convince him to let him tag along. How? Well...

Ash: I can't just let other Pokemon get beat up! Not the way that my Aipom did.

I actually laughed at that line for quite a while because of the wording. Aipom was so hurt by Weavile that it has to rest while everyone else leaves, yet the situation is downplayed once again when Ash says "beat up". Without context, you'd think that Aipom just lost a casual battle (which, if you watched the Aipom vs. Weavile battle, is basically what happened...).

So Ash and co. search for the Weavile, but it's not at its usual spot, so Max gets the idea of Pikachu sniffing it down. We cut to Weavile, who has a flashback of himself and a Sneasel in the rain. Meowth comes to him in a crappy Weavile disguise, but it scares him away. Meowth tells his teammates what Weavile said to him, but Jessie isn't having it: She whines at him, saying that if he doesn't go back there, she'll do worse to him. Ash and co. then arrive at the scene, with Pikachu approaching Weavile and talking to it. Meowth translates the first two sentences, but couldn't understand the rest because they were talking too fast. Drama Queen Jessie whines at him again, which gives away their position. They say the motto, and Jessie gets closer to Weavile.

After that, a Sneasel (the one from Weavile's flashback from earlier) comes to Weavile, and they start talking. Meowth translates again: Weavile wanted to know why Sneasel was following, but Sneasel tells him that she just wanted to escape from the Weavile that this Weavile fought for leadership. After Weavile lost the battle and its leader status, it ran off and became a stray, and started challenging random trainers to get stronger, which brings us to where we are now. As if on cue, the current leader and his pack show up, and Sneasel cowers behind Weavile, which has Jessie angry for...well, no reason. Weavile blasts them off so we're not subject to anymore nonsense from her.

Meanwhile, Ash gives Weavile a pep talk. What do I mean by "pep talk"? Well...

Ash: Ya like that? Ya like that. They're gonna drag your Sneasel friend back with them. Are ya just gonna stand there and let them do that? Ya let that Weavile walk all over ya before, and now...you're just gonna let that Weavile walk all over ya again? *after Ash's Pikachu gets rid of the other three Weavile* Come on! I thought ya said ya were gonna get soooo strong!

So after that, the two Weavile battle it out, the good one wins, and they form a truce. Weavile thanks Ash, they go back and get Aipom, who applies pressure to his head again, Ash makes a weight joke, they all laugh, Aipom runs off, the end...

Overall, I thought this was a below average filler. The humor department was sorely lacking, the COTD was one of the blandest in the entire series (and was a plot device to boot), Ash and co. spent most of the episode in the background, and it just wasn't overall that entertaining.

Highlight(s): Weavile and Pikachu were talking too fast.

Last edited: