• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duke Nukem!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Yes, and how would you know though? What if the negative responses is only from a minority from the internet which no one will ever take them seriously?

Trailers and advertisements are always going to run with the positive quotes from whatever publication they can, even if the publication is unheard of, since you can't use unsourced quotes. No promotional material will use anything that calls their product "OK" or "average", or bad. That's basic advertising. I figured even you would know that much.

Furthermore, I can go to Metacritic and look up the average score for DNF, which is based on a selection of reviews across the board. None of the versions (PS3, 360 or PC) have scored more than 58 out of 100, making it mixed at best.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Its a little sad how quickly people are out to bash this game. Let's face it, after 12 years of waiting, people got some pretty lofty and unrealistic expectations, and expected DNF to be the perfect game and expected all those years to be devoted for game material when really most of it resulted in lost material. In truth, people should be happy for the fact 2K and Gearbox actually went out to salvage the game rather than give up on it as so many other developers did before them.

That aside, the game really isn't that bad. Sure, its linear like Half Life 2, and doesn't use keycards like Duke Nukem 3D. Its a new and different approach to the original game formula, and while I probably won't clock in as many hours into DNF as I did with Duke Nukem 3D, I still feel its a decent game and I'm glad to have it as opposed to absolutely nothing at all.

These days, it seems like so many people dwell on the insignificant negatives of every game that gets released. Honestly, the sooner these kinds of people give up on video games entirely, the better. It would save the rest of us who enjoy games for what they are a little sanity.

Dattebayo

Banned
Its a little sad how quickly people are out to bash this game. Let's face it, after 12 years of waiting, people got some pretty lofty and unrealistic expectations, and expected DNF to be the perfect game and expected all those years to be devoted for game material when really most of it resulted in lost material. In truth, people should be happy for the fact 2K and Gearbox actually went out to salvage the game rather than give up on it as so many other developers did before them.

That aside, the game really isn't that bad. Sure, its linear like Half Life 2, and doesn't use keycards like Duke Nukem 3D. Its a new and different approach to the original game formula, and while I probably won't clock in as many hours into DNF as I did with Duke Nukem 3D, I still feel its a decent game and I'm glad to have it as opposed to absolutely nothing at all.

These days, it seems like so many people dwell on the insignificant negatives of every game that gets released. Honestly, the sooner these kinds of people give up on video games entirely, the better. It would save the rest of us who enjoy games for what they are a little sanity.

If you heard the term "If it ain't broken, don't fix it," then you'll understand why they hate this game so much.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Honestly, the sooner these kinds of people give up on video games entirely, the better. It would save the rest of us who enjoy games for what they are a little sanity.

Yeah, the sooner people stop disliking video games I like, the better!!

Chris

Old Coot
In truth, people should be happy for the fact 2K and Gearbox actually went out to salvage the game rather than give up on it as so many other developers did before them.
We should be happy that we got a below average game instead of not having it at all?

Sure, its linear like Half Life 2, and doesn't use keycards like Duke Nukem 3D.
Except the Half-Life series is known for telling a good story. Duke Nukem is not a story telling type of series, so linear stages were not necessary.

Its a new and different approach to the original game formula
Which more often than not has rarely worked for many franchises when it comes to borrowing other genre's formulas. In fact, Castlevania seems to be the only one that's had any success in completely changing its formula and running with it in multiple titles. Duke Nukem already changed its formula when it made the shift from Duke Nukem II to Duke Nukem 3D. It didn't need another change to "modernize" it.

Enjoy having every single game becoming exactly the same, then. I wanted a brand new Duke Nukem that would surpass Duke Nukem 3D. I didn't ask for Gearbox to put Halo in my Duke Nukem.