• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duke Nukem!

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Anyone buy it this week? 12 year wait is over! :D

Loving the one liners, crude jokes, little things really. Solid FPS and a pleasure to play :D

Chris

Old Coot
It's awful. Having played the demo, it made me glad I didn't pre-order. They basically turned Duke Nukem into a Halo knock-off.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's awful. Having played the demo, it made me glad I didn't pre-order. They basically turned Duke Nukem into a Halo knock-off.

Strange, I've seen a lot of positive reviews about the game from critics and fans.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I tried out the demo, and I wasn't impressed. The two weapon system and the linearity of the levels really turned me off.

Chris

Old Coot
Seriously? I've only read negative reviews, saying you should only play it if you've played the other games.
Not even then. Definitely not best to play to it after playing Duke Nukem 3D.

The game's extremely linear with no possibility for exploration, armor and health packs replaced with regenerating health, TWO WEAPONS AT A TIME and the worst of all? It's a console port. The original PC version was scrapped and they started designing the game with consoles in mind.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
I'm in love with it! Prob's nostalgia. I love the one liners and cheesy scenes xD

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Says you who played the demo only?

Chris

Old Coot
And you missed the point.

Play Duke Nukem 3D. Then look at Duke Nukem Forever. They're radically different games. DNF is nothing more than the Duke Nukem world slapped with the Halo engine. Even more obvious when Duke's Mighty Boot, his signature melee attack, is NOT in the game and replaced with a typical gun smack.

DNF is obviously more of an attempt to modernize Duke with today's shooters, rather than sticking to what the Duke Nukem games are good at.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Positive reviews for Duke Nukem Forever?? Pfft... Don't make me laugh. That's like saying Microsoft's E3 conference for the last 3 years were awesome. I won't get this game because in most reviews that I read, this game is nothing special. If I wanted to listen to the jokes (which critics said were either hit or miss), I would go on YouTube. Btw, don't make fun of the PS3. They have way better games than Xbox 360 now... And not abandoning the hardcore *cough* stupid Kinect *cough*

Surfing_Pikachu

And you missed the point.

Play Duke Nukem 3D. Then look at Duke Nukem Forever. They're radically different games. DNF is nothing more than the Duke Nukem world slapped with the Halo engine. Even more obvious when Duke's Mighty Boot, his signature melee attack, is NOT in the game and replaced with a typical gun smack.

DNF is obviously more of an attempt to modernize Duke with today's shooters, rather than sticking to what the Duke Nukem games are good at.
From what I read, that's most reviewers' main gripe. Apparently it tried to blend decade old game mechanics with ridiculously out of place new mechanics. WTF is up with the regenerating health anyway? I think it's pretty clear that the developers where sitting on their asses for 10 out of the 11 years it took to make this.

And just for the record, Bungie doesn't distribute their engine.

Last edited: