• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dumbest things in video games you got stuck on

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Title is pretty self-explanatory.

In Portal, where you have to break open a Vital Apparatus Vent with a rocket turret, I didn't realize you had to use a cube to get up there. I just stacked random objects until I could hop up there.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Desert world in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Yeah, shut up, I can't pass World 2 in SMB3, wanna fight about it.

You're not the only one. Also, World 1-3 from SMB2.

The Hydra in God of War I took me absolutely ages to figure out that I had to climb on the left and right hand sides to drop an anchor on its two heads.

The Hydra is also the first boss. :(

Final boss in TWEWY. Had no idea that I had to look up at the top screen once in awhile so he couldn't regain health. Derp.

I also got stuck in HL2:Ep2 when you first get the car. There was no prompt telling me to get into the car, and I was practically crushing the action button to get in, and it wouldn't let me. Herp.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
That one puzzle in Phantom Hourglass where the solution is to close the DS.

Jesus christ, it took me at least an hour to get that. And I ended up solving it by accident. :V

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In Metroid Prime, after I got the morph ball, I thought I had to go near where Samus's ship was and do a morph ball in the river. I don't know why I was thinking that.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
A **** ton of levels in Super Mario Sunshine.

That manta ray was bull crap.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
A **** ton of levels in Super Mario Sunshine.

That manta ray was bull crap.

The second Polluted Piranha boss fight in Super Mario Sunshine.

More like the Sand Bird one. I used to be able to do it. Recently tried...nope...
I must be really capable of playing Super Mario Sunshine, since all I need for full completion are blue coins, which I got all of them in Gelato Beach, Pianna Park, and the volcano place.

But why should I be talking? I got a morph ball in the water thinking that's what I needed to do next.

Aquarelle

Staff member
~I fully completed Super Mario Sunshine last year after about four or five years. The sand bird level was painful, but the one about cleaning the eel's teeth was the worst. I always need to try several times to beat that one.

~When I was eight years old, I got Super Mario Advance for christmas. I was stuck on the first level for several months, because I didn't know how to go through the door. >__>

1. In super Maria Sunshine i Had To Clean A Whales Teeth X.X Like, EW !
2. Kingdom Hearts 2, I got stuck in the Disney Castle until i figured out you can leave in the Save Point. Stumbled upon it by accident LOL.
3. Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness. I thought that the Darkness pokemon where the ones you COULDNT catch. I spent like the whole game with only my eeveelution -___-

I hate it when you get stuck on something stupid but then you realize "WOW WAS THAT EASY!"