• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dumify It!

Dumify = The act of making something simpler/ less confusing/ stupider than it should be.

Ok, to put it simply, the OP (me) posts a sentence of eloquent vocabulary, then the NP posts a dumified version of it, then proceeds to post another sentence with big, fancy words. Here's an example.

Poster 1 said:
Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
Poster 2 said:
Something that stopped will only move if you push it.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Poster 3 said:
Firing a gun will make your hand move back.

As usual, all SPPf rules apply blah blah blah. And if you don't understand the sentence/ can't dumify it, just post 'pass' and then proceed to post another sentence.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Don't BS me.

Hamlet said:
To be or not to be, that is the question, whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles...

I won't torture the NP by posting the entire thing.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
If I exist, then I gotta be hurt by sharp flingy things or hug wavy water.

Thomas Hobbes said:
Such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned; yet they will hardly believe there be many so wise as themselves.

Flame Mistress

Men are dumb.

These violent delights have violent ends / And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, / Which as they kiss consume.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Should I stay or should I go?

Konnichiwa! Watashi no namae wa Kurimuson Pengin desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

cape

[insert title here]
I am a Japanese.

At constant temperature and pressure, volume of the gas is directly proportional to its number of moles.

Flame Mistress

Moles don't exist to be whacked.

In fluid dynamics, an object is moving at its terminal velocity if its speed is constant due to the restraining force exerted by the fluid through which it is moving.

cape

[insert title here]
Fluids won't let objects move so fast.

Aaron said:
Bug Pokémon are nasty-mean, and yet they're beautiful, too

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
What goes up, falls.

I'm a handsome lad, and i have knowledge if this!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Neck plus noodle equals natter

Of all evil I deem you capable: Therefore I want good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
- Nietzsche

rotrum

Ice Cold
If you can do evil, you can do good. If you can't do evil, then you just suck.

"The just are two, and are not understood there;
Envy and Arrogance and Avarice
Are the three sparks that have all hearts enkindled."

Dante!

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
D e!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them. -Buckminster Fuller.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
The longer you live, the dumber you get.

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Give away all your stuff.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." Dr. Suess.