• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dunes [Discussion]

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
7Pk8DyD.png

Approved by Psychic
(Credit to FairyWitch for the banner)

[ Plot ]

Orre. A region surrounded by a huge desert, void of wild Pokemon and a true Pokemon League in place. Until now, of course. The region shifted drastically following the destruction and dismantling of Cipher by a young trainer many years ago, he rescued countless Pokemon from their grasp and shut them down from the inside out. Following his victory, as well as the destruction and transformation of all the shadow Pokemon that Cipher had created, the lowly community in Pyrite Town, lead by Nett and Secc, welcomed a new beginning into the region.

The Orre Colosseum was created, which was the foundation for the new Pokemon League. Trainers were hand selected from all corners of Orre in order to create a proper Pokemon League. The trainer who once saved the region was even granted a spot as Champion, to which he agreed wholeheartedly. Following his inclusion into the league, gym leaders were set in place all throughout the region as well; it was mostly, as Nett worded it, to attract tourists and all sorts of new trainers to the region. Many children, now nearing the proper and traditional age to start their Pokemon adventure are thrilled to find that Orre has finally set in place proper incentives for most trainers.

Professor Krane welcomed new trainers with open arms, offering them their first Pokemon if they had not been given one prior to meeting him. Thanks to the research offered in his lab, and the technological advancements and leaps they were making on a daily basis; the lab was finally able to find life in the wilds of Orre, and after a few years of researching and introducing new Pokemon into the region, Orre now had a large population of wild Pokemon that was seemingly expanding every single day. Being a desert, there was primarily ground, rock, and steel types within the wilds, as well as a few scattered poison types. However, through intervention and introduction, the Professor and his associates were able to bring forth many types of Pokemon to various points of the region.

So who are you in all this? You’re a teenager, someone who is starting their journey a little later than most who was either born in Orre, or was attracted to it thanks to all the new and interesting things added within it. You begin your adventure at the Pokemon HQ, with many other trainers alongside you. As the walks between each town and city are extremely long, you decide it would probably be a little wiser to travel in a group.

---

[ Location ]

the_orre_region_by_missionsunshine-d4pf2j7.png

The Orre region was the center for the XD and Colloseum Pokemon games for the Nintendo Gamecube, it’s a region predominatly in the desert with no wild Pokemon. (Until this roleplay of course.) Small revisions have been made in an attempt to make it easier to make a traditional trainer roleplay in a new and interesting location.

[ Gym Leaders ]

Unlike most regions, Orre doesn’t follow the traditional style of gym leaders. Their approach is to have four rather strong trainers set in various locations throughout the region, they may choose to challenge you to a battle, or send you on a quest for your badge. These people are as follows:

Mt. Battle (Fire Gym leader)
Phenec City (Water gym leader)
Outskirt Stand (Steel gym leader)
Agate Village (Grass gym leader)

[ Rules ]
  • Following all Serebii rules is probably important, just saying.
  • I’m gonna say this is around a PG sorta thing, there will be some battles and some darker moments but nothing too serious. It’s Pokemon after all.
  • Evolving your partner Pokemon needs to be approved by me!
  • You’re allowed a max of ONE character.
  • Be active? Please?
This thread can be used for:
  • Discussing the current events of the RP
  • Discussing character aspirations, relationships, etc.
  • Asking questions or requesting information from the GM or other players
  • Notifying us of upcoming inactivity, be it temporary or permanent
  • Suggesting additions or changes to the RP
  • Requesting permission to control an NPC
This thread may not be used for:
  • Chatting about things unrelated to the RP
  • Flaming other players or starting heated arguments (gentle banter is fine if it pertains to the RP, just don't get to the point where you start to upset anyone!)
[ The Cast ]

[ Current Events ]

> Meet up with Professor Krane at the Pokemon HQ to receive your starter (if needed) and meet up with the other players.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
As the resident movie star of the group, I would like to claim the first post in the RP thread.

As per usual in RP's where I use André, there will be lots of cameras that y'all are gonna have to deal with. :p

Vern

Why not both?
Sure, I don't mind.

Sort of off-topic, but the name of the professor is bothering me. WHY ISN'T S/HE A TREE?

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
As the resident movie star of the group, I would like to claim the first post in the RP thread.

As per usual in RP's where I use André, there will be lots of cameras that y'all are gonna have to deal with. :p

Sure, I don't mind either.

Sure, I don't mind.

Sort of off-topic, but the name of the professor is bothering me. WHY ISN'T S/HE A TREE?

Because that's what he's named in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. It's canon to the series, that's why. :p

I'm not sure how I'm going to start out with Rowena in any other way other than having her creep everyone else out by talking to her "children". I don't think she's going to make a very good impression on the others haha.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Looking forward to rping with everyone!

I haven't decided what Astrea is going to do just yet. Something that involves her just being unlucky or a source of comic relief more than likely.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
That's fine with me, gives plenty of potential material to start off with.

Also not 100% how I'm starting out with Arielle. Possibly seeing how many people freak when an Absol is just walking around with someone... although that might go bad with a paparazzi hord.

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
That's fine with me, gives plenty of potential material to start off with.

Also not 100% how I'm starting out with Arielle. Possibly seeing how many people freak when and Absol subsist walking around with someone... although that might go bad with a paparazzi hord.

Rowena would probably be fascinated by Absol knowing her creepy background (that and living in the city near where Absol are found), so she'd probably think its the cutest thing ever just like her Mimikyu (and now that I think about it, a couple of people might be put on edge by Phasma as well if they know about what happens if its disguise is ever taken off by force).

Vern

Why not both?
Because that's what he's named in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. It's canon to the series, that's why. :p

I know that, but... still, it bothers me. Maybe I'm just too nitpicky about things like that...

Since everyone seems to be talking about how they're going to start off, I'll probably just have Akane bump into somebody. That, or she'll get freaked by the cameras and come to investigate.