• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Durant as a sweeper?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Can Durant function as a good physical sweeper? One of them almost swept my entire team on the Battle Subway, so I was just wondering. What are some good sets that he can run?

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Yeah, he totally can. He just does better in lower tiers than OU. 108 Atk. boosted by Hustle and 109 Speed (which just outspeeds Terrakion and not max speed Thundurus and Lati@s) is nothing to sneer at. Just keep a Magnezone on hand because he has no moves to get him through Steels.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
Yeah, he can sweep, and very nicely... he does fit his tier nicely, being UU.
He dosent have the greatest Movepool but its decent!
I found a base set on Smogon that is actually not that bad for UU battling.

632.gif

Hone Claws Durant
Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Moveset:
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge (I prefer Stone Edge for Durant)
- Iron Head

Cuddlebuns

It works great with a Scarf or a Band, although it's completely screwed by common OU threats, so it works best in UU.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
It works great with a Scarf or a Band, although it's completely screwed by common OU threats, so it works best in UU.

Your right, because it's only big threat in UU is probably Arcanine, and maybe your odd Charizard as well, and that's really all. Unlike OU were you can get countered by a Volcoarona, Mence, Infernape, or Blazikien.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Your right, because it's only big threat in UU is probably Arcanine, and maybe your odd Charizard as well, and that's really all. Unlike OU were you can get countered by a Volcoarona, Mence, Infernape, or Blazikien.

If it has a Band would it be able to counter Shell Smash Cloysters with Skill Link?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
It's good, however in the lower tiers it will get killed by a magnetons HP Fire. In the higher tiers there's excadrill and ferrothorn.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
If it has a Band would it be able to counter Shell Smash Cloysters with Skill Link?

Well, it can probs outrun a Cloyster before a Shell Smash, and maybe get FlinchHax on it, resulting in it no being able to Shell Smash. Also, with Steel being super effective against Ice, so it will do decent damage.

Even with no SpA EVs, a hindering nature, and no Life Orb, +2 Cloyster flattens Durant with Hydro Pump. Even without Hydro Pump, I'm not sure that Durant is going to be taking Rock Blast safely either.

Besides, Cloyster is OU. As long as you stick to UU, you shouldn't have to worry about him.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
I have one on my team!

Durant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Moveset:
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head

I use Thunder Fang because I like best against the new common fly types and because it has better acc. then de the rock options, and that means that with just one Hone Claws it get 99% of acc.

irock245

She wants it
Durant's counters:

Chandulure:scarf versions outspeed and OHKO it unless he's holding scarf or sash at 100%

any other fire type: instant OHKO.

pretty much that is what wil happen, but he is useful. Just get rid of the fire types.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Yes, kings rock, x-scissor, rock slide, iron head, and anything else you want for the moveset. Durant is fast, strong, and has a decent Defense. I think it is a good choice.