• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duskbound [M] (The Roleplay)

AJ2000

Click Here For The SU Thread

DUSKBOUND
Chapter 1: A Fated Witch

| The Hive District |
Ivesburg
Hainer Adhan Madani

“At first the world was nothing but a wasteland. Barren and devoid of all life. However, it is this wasteland where The Creator sought to lay out his master plan. The Creator planted a seed, and it was this seed that gave way to the life we know today. Soon, that single grain sprouted into a tree - a monstrous tree that gave birth to the first forms of complex life in this world. But those first lifeforms were not humans, no. The first inhabitants of this world were the demons. Those vile beasts were the first to walk this soil, and then came the humans soon after, ripe from the tree bearing the fruit of life. However, those beasts were not meant to be…they were a mistake. And humans were chosen to erase this mistake and cleanse these beasts of our home.” Father Joseph preached, his voice deep and pleasant to hear as people gathered around his little stand, hearing his words. He stood in front of a tiny crowd of people, with a scripture in hand, and a little wooden stand right behind him with a small tapestry that depicted pictures of an odd looking tree and angels and the supposed events that occurred at the dawn of the world.

People murmured among themselves, with Hainer standing idly crossing his arms and a small stack of papers in one hand, observing closer at the tapestry. There was a woven picture of a large intricate tree of sorts that seemed to be dropping several orbs or seeds with smaller organisms inside. He recognized the pictures as the same ones inside the Dawn Church, where even a larger, much more detailed tapestry and mural resided. Although Hainer himself was not that religious, he had been inside the Church before simply out of curiosity.

“Those things…right there.” A man from the crowd of people spoke, pointing at the other seeds that the tree was dropping, the ones that didn’t seem to contain the picture of the demon or the human. “What are those? They don’t look like demons to me.” He asked, slight hint of non-belief in his voice.

“You’re right. They are not demons. And they are not humans either. What those fruits contain, are intelligent forms that came even before humans.” Father Joseph replied, his voice emanating confidence and assurance.

“Before humans? Like what?!” A woman from the crowd shouted.

“That, I do not know. Very few documents report on what came before the humans. However, it seems that whatever did come before us, have failed in the struggle we call life. Perhaps the demons consumed them the same way they are doing to us. But if that is the case, then that means we need to fight even harder to ensure we don’t suffer the same fate!” Father Joseph concluded, as people started to nod and cheer in response to his preaching. Although Hainer could care less about what the church did, their ideals in terms of protecting humanity was clear, and they knew they had to do something about the fight against demons which was something Hainer agreed with, surprisingly.

People began to disperse, once again returning to their daily tasks, which reminded Hainer he needed to get back to work as well. The sun was shining and the weather was mild, which meant it was perfect to go out and finish his errands. Starting with Father Joseph of course, whom he was ever so patiently waiting for to finish his speech.

“So, are you done yet?” He asked, in a slightly condescending voice and arms now uncrossed. He took out a sheet of paper and handed it to Father Joseph. The priest graciously took the paper, looking at it confusingly until he realized that it was own paper, distinguished by the star shape seal in the corner that represented the Dawn Church. The paper itself was essentially a flyer, to let people know about the church and their teachings.

“Oh, my flyers! Was something wrong with them, Hainer?” He questioned, genuinely concerned. Hainer furrowed his brows quickly, angered by his response.

“Do you take me for an idiot?!” Hainer threw the stack of parchments at Father Joseph, papers flying everywhere and people around the surrounding area watching the event unfold. “I found your posters plastered all over my bank and on my street. If you want to put up anything over there, pay me, or else I’m going to make sure you meet ‘The Creator’ himself. I don’t know if it was you or one of your lowly followers, but you better tell them not to do it again. I don’t need your advertisements littered at my place of business.” Hainer grew angry at Father Joseph, completely disregarding his social status as a priest.

“Hainer, boy, calm down.” Father Joseph stuck out his hands and motioned them in a way to tell him to settle down. “It was an honest mistake, why are you so upset?” He put his hand on the young man’s shoulder, who simply responded by brushing the hand off and shoving Father Joseph, causing him to fall to the ground.

“Don’t touch me, mongrel.” Hainer raised his fist at Father Joseph, until he realized that the man was already on the ground, shocked and visibly a bit hurt from Hainer’s sudden, but somewhat accidental act of violence. Hainer simply scoffed at the man, before turning his back and walking away towards the marketplace. He had already wasted enough time taking down all the flyers and giving Joseph a piece of his mind, and yet he still had more work to do.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Rhys Garrick
The Hive District

The timing could not have been any better. Rhys had picked out his next mark: The Delarosa family. They were above the petty squabble due to the money they had earned over the year from their emerald mines just outside of town, and Rhys had been spending the last 2 weeks chatting up Maya Delarosa, the daughter of the family's patriarch, in order to get closer. He had been over at their estate once before as well, and he knew most of the in's and out's of the moderately sized manor. The Delarosa family were not of noble descent, but still held a decent amount of power, and most importantly, valuables, in their name. His plan so far was simple: Rob them blind, then casually stop seeing Maya over the course of the next week. Maya was engaged anyways. An arranged marriage to a man of another powerful family. Fat fella. The kind of man that have never raised a finger to work his entire life. Ladies in Mayas situation often enjoyed one last fling before their fate was sealed, and once Rhys was done with his job, he would casually tell Maya that he felt bad about wooing a soon-to-be married woman. Maybe fake some tears to apear less masculine to her, thus prompting her not to object. She would be happily married, and Rhys would be set for months.

Normally, Rhys would not do a heist like this in the middle of the day. However, something was going down in the Hive District that caught more or less everyone's attention. There was also the matter of the wannabe vigilante, Fox-Mask guy. Rhys shuddered at the thought. Too many times, they had clashed during his nightly heists. Luckily, he never saw them out during the day. Probably lived a normal everyday life then, which also made this heist so perfect! He would have to be extra cautious though. He was not as invisible in broad daylight as he was at night. However, it mattered little. He had not met any issues in his attempts at infiltrating the manor. The family didn't have maids, nor did they have security guards. Maya's father was a greedy man, wanting to spend all his earnings on himself, his wife and his daughter. Those kind of people made Rhys sick.Not that he was so much better though, as once he had robbed them blind he would likely do the same thing. Food, booze and women. (OR men, he wasn't too picky). At least he knew how to enojy himself, rather than these rich snobbs, who only thought out to dropkick their way into the noblemen's circle.

As expected, nobody was home. Everyone was down at the Hive District for an execution. A witch or something? witches wasn't a common sight around, but every once in a while someone popped up at the executioners block downtown. Luckily that meant many distracted pockets with satchels of gleaming clinkety coins, ripe for the taking. Maya would be there, and her family as well. Her father always did like to suck up to the nobles at public occurrences such as this, which made Rhys' job just that more easy. The manor was moderately sized, yet not ginormous. They were rich, not royalty. And as expected, there were a few shiny trinkets and decorative items standing around decorating the place. However, the big loot was usually found within a stash somewhere on the upper floors, or under the staircase. Rhys quickly scouted to see if anyone was coming before getting started. He checked the staircase, and besides a rather provocative statue of some old religious figure, there was no stash there.

As he had suspected, the safe was found on the second floor, in what could only be the patriarchs office area. Rhys had never been in there before, as it was restricted from visitors. However, the stash was located in a rather expensive-looking chest next to a bookshelf. "Bingo." Rhys said as he laid eyes upon it. He walked over to it and tried to open it. As expected, it was locked. No problem. He fished out a few lockpicks from his cape, and knelt down beside the chest, listening in as he picked it open with little difficulty. The inside of the chest was a sight for soor (or poor) eyes. Numerous gems, diamonds, jewelry and not to mention: Golden coins. Rhys prepped his backpack, and started filling it up with the essentials first. Nobody could track down golden coins, so those were always his first priority. Then there was the gems. He let the jewelry be, as more often than not, jewlery could be recognized if the previous owner saw it later. However, he did snatch up the generic looking ones, like a few gemmed rings, diamond necklaces etc. He then closed the chest, and placed it where it had been. He was careful not to make a mess, as the longer it took the owners to notice anything was missing, the better. He glanced at the bookshelf and noticed a book titled "The many ways to spot a burglar". He giggled at the irony, and took the book with him. The fact that there were crime around was no secret, however no one had been able to trace anything back to him yet. Books like these were common, and Rhys learned a lot from them. Mainly how to avoid getting caught.

~~~

When his "business" was finished at the Delarosa residence, Rhys hid his backpack under his cape, and ventured home. He was still careful not to be seen, at least when in close proximity to the house. It would be bad if any witnesses saw him getting out of the house when no one was home, and he did not have it in him to silence witnesses, other than to bribe them occasionally. Once he got back to his own place, he left some of the gold there, as he usually his the rest of his stash at more secretive locations within the Warrens. Despite the area, it was the safest place for him to hide. No one breaks into peoples home in the Warrens, and Rhys had a few of the residents on his "payroll", acting like information gatherers for him to see if the authorities had made any authorized raids, or if rivaling gangs were trying to butt in. The Warrens were His, and everyone knew it. Although not everyone respected it.

~~~

Getting back to the central part of the Hive District, Rhys was surprised to see that the high priest was still going on about.. something. He never bothered with the religious stuff, as he found the church to be awfully pushy. He had found posters everywhere, even in the Warrens. Everywhere. However, being at the big local event was also a good chance to spot any other potential characters of interest. the name Rhys Garrick held a certain modest amount of power in the Hive District, being a jolly good fellow, a good drinking buddy, and quite the charmer. He could see a few of the regular people he knew present at the preach, among them being the local bartender, Rolof, a courtesan named Barbie (whatever that name meant), the bakers son, Gaius, who gave him a flirtatious wink when he saw him, and Big'Ol lady Haelga, the towns gossip. Haelga wiggled her giant body through the crowd and came over to Rhys.

"Young man where have you been? You are missing out on everything!" she said in a sassy, yet slightly irritated tone. "Don't tell me you were out working again? Who were the poor bastards this time, eh?" she then continued. Haelga was a large lady living at the local inn, and somehow, she knew all about more or less everything. She was very trustworthy and caring, and was one of the select few Rhys had entrusted with his thieving shenanigans. "That is not important.", he answered, quickly brushing off any suspicion Haelga might have brought upon him. "However, look at what I bought for you. Got it shipped out through a contact of mine in the.. Delarosa family." he said with a quirky grin, handing her a jewled necklace in silver. It could sometimes be costly to keep people quiet, however, Rhys was a charitable person by default, and did not mind share his wealth. No one dared to backstab him either, as he had, himself, started the false rumor that he had connections to a guild of assassins living in the Warrens.

"Ohohoho, you naughty man. Forget I asked my dear. My, what a lovely piece, this must have costed a fortune!" Haelga said as she put the necklace on. It looked good on her, despite her... not too pleasant appearance. "You know it Haelga. Now, what are the words around town?", Rhys said. Though he knew the gist of what was happening, he was still very clueless.

"Well, the father have been preaching about the origins of life for hours now, although it seems most of the people gathered have grown tired.". she said. She always sounded so excited when sharing her information, and she had no idea how valuable that sometimes was. "Lord Hainer is standing behind the father, observing everything. Word is, he is very unhappy with him for having spread his posters everywhere without his consent." she continued.

"Yes, I saw those. All the way back in the Warrens.", Rhys said thoughtfully.

"Rumor has it that there is going to be an execution today." she continued, before leanign in towards him, talking lower. "Supposedly, the one to be executed is a witch, can you believe that?". "No, I can't." Rhys said in a nonchalant tone. He wasn't big on this whole magical ordeal. Likely, the prisoner is just someone of opwer that the mayor wants out of the picture.

As the people began to disperse, Rhys saw that Heiner was talking to the father. Heiners dad was the owner of the Hive District Bank, and rhys had been planning on doing a quick sweep of their family home for some time. However, sucking up to a nobleman had proven to be difficult. Especially one that didn't respond well to his flirtatious advances like noblewomen always did. Heiners father was mostly working from home, and the process was going slowly. To the point where Rhys almost reconsidered robbing their home. But still, the banksman!. Their home just had to be full of valuables, even more so than the mayors home! Rhys bid farewell to Haelga, and made his way towards the small platform that the father had used.

“Don’t touch me, mongrel.”, Heiner said as Rhys approached. referring to the father, who he had accidentally pushed down. That poor old man. Gods, Rhys hated Heiner. Second reason of why he almost didn't bother with the heist. Rhys ran over to the father. He'd catch up with Heiner in a bit. "Are you okay? I saw what happened, I'm so sorry!" he said. He reached his hand out and helped the father on his legs again. he then politely bowed and excused himself to the father, before darting off after Heiner. He had sucked up to Heiner for some time now. Luckily, he believes Rhys to be of noble descent, due to his clothing, and a few practical lies he have told him. It was no secret that Heiner disliked the people of lower cast than himself, which in turn added to the things Rhys hated about him. Once he had robbed this mans family for everything they had ever had, he would never speak to him again.

"Heey, that wasn't cool." Rhys mockingly said. He knew that sucking up to this weasel was the only way to get close to him, but he absolutely hated it. "I assume the old geezer went ahead to put up all those posters I've seen everywhere? I even saw one on my own front door this very morning! Geez, the nerve of some people.". Heiner didn't reply to him. "I guess you're out to do work for your father again? Lucky for you, I am done with my daily tasks, and hanging out with you is a lot more interesting than hanging out with the Delarosa's.". iies. All lies. But rhys was a damn good actor, and he had perfected his "Snobby noble" act from his time with the Delarosa's. The upside about leeching off from nobles was that other nobles around start hearing things about you, thus inviting you to social gatherings, making mingling and scouting out marks a lot easier. It was a tiering process though, as he hated the way the nobles acted. Once he was done tailing Heiner around, being his lapdog, he would get back to the tavern and have another drink with Gaius or Barbie.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karel Eglagard
The Hive District

The sun shone brightly upon the city of Ivesburg, providing a perfect, warm day for the people living in the area. Every day felt this way however for a certain, unusually talented person with a brain full of ideas being churned at every moment. Karel Eglagard was his name and today he once again has brought forth some new stories to highlight to his fellow people that come and listen to him. They were all outside down east from the local theater where Karel began to tell his story.

“Today, I will present a tale of how I fought another demon that was hunting me down in the Willows! An ordinary day it was, I walked down to the Willows as destiny would say for me to do. A gust of wind then blew calmly behind my back where I stood thusly. I had the shaky feeling that something was then starting to follow me.

I proceed further south to deliver some goods to someone only for the gales to get stronger. I knew something was up! The wind that blew behind me didn’t feel natural but as if it was just a message from the Creator that someone…or something would come. I prepared my battle stance and shouted out “A challenger approaches Scion of Ivesburg, Karel! I sense your aura. Now come out wherever you are less the amazing strength stuns you from which I possess!

…And there it was! It was to no one’s surprise a demon that came behind my back! We gazed at each other’s eyes with a fierce glance in the middle of the Willows. The gusts of wind picked up harshly and at that moment I knew I had to take the demon out! The Creator is telling me to do so. With that I prepared for my first attack, my Hyper Flash Smackdown. A move I personally created, it allows me to make the first move all the time but is useless afterwards. I commenced my attack on the opposing demon but alas, it slipped my mind that demons move so quickly so my attack had missed and was therefore useless for the rest of the battle.

The demon then grabbed my body from both sides and lifted my quickly. I thought I was done for by dying a painful from being thrown down into the earth and to be left there with my body to never be recovered by anyone. That’s when I reacted with my newly thought move, the Quick-thought Headbanging Beatdown! With my head, I smashed the demon head on with my cranium and thus he let go of me. The demon then got up and yielded the fight incomplete and that he would return stronger. As the winds soothed, so did the demon as he vanished from me. I still had to complete my main objective despite all that. The goods were delivered soundly to my target and we both shook hands in which my quest to fetch said goods was completed. I made one of my many legendary exits from the Willows, the Vanishing De-Rendezvous!

And thus, ends my tale here, my fellow townsfolk!”

The group of people congratulated on his supposedly amazing tale. In response, Karel said elegantly “You’re all too kind! But a scion like me never stops learning and fighting until he lies on the road to death!”. As the noise in front of him began to silence, another awestruck noise was heard from elsewhere.

“I feel a disturbance again. This might be another demon ahead from here. Citizens, stay put as I go and investigate the activity that I might have to smite upon.” Karel said bravely in front of the people he told his story to.

Karel arrived at the Church of Dawn only to witness a group of people standing in front of what looks like a recent incident involving Father Joseph. The noise had settled down by then but some were still shocked by what just happened.

“What madness has been stirred up around here, random citizen whom fate has made me met?” asked Karel as he talked to a man he saw immediately.

“Hainer has shoved our father Joseph on the ground. Oh, this is terrible news.”.

Karel responded back saying “Let’s hope the Creator has blessed our father to shrug off a terrible event and to march on forward. Such an act of anger shouldn’t be put towards Joseph. And if such an incident happens again, let me know and I will come to aid father Joseph at any costs!”. After that, Karel ran off and wished father Joseph to be careful about people ready to offend him.

Tangeh

~ The Hive District ~
Rose Vasiliu​

"Xaviera," Rose inquired, as she fanned herself vigorously with a lacy blue fan held in one hand and used the other to point at the man helping Father Joseph to his feet, "might you know who that is?" The young woman stood with two other ladies at the edge of the small crowd gathered to listen to Father Joseph's preachings. All three wore intricate floor-length dresses and pricey golden jewellery to show off their social status. In contrast to her darker-haired friends, Rose had curly blonde locks and blue-green eyes. She eyed Father Joseph nervously, but was not bold enough to step in.

"He appears to be upper class," Xaviera replied, watching with narrowed eyes. "He seems familiar, but his name escapes me. Does he know Hainer? What think you, Mabelle?"

The third woman cradled a tiny infant, barely a month old and fast asleep. "Well, I certainly doubt he is anybody important, or we would have heard of him!" Mabelle sighed and stared as the man went after Hainer. "Why is he chasing that repulsive man? I'm surprised he even had the decency to wait for our Father to finish his speech."

Rose turned, her brow furrowed. "Don't speak that way of Hainer."

Xaviera scoffed. "Rose, please. Just because your husband has trade relations with that man..."

Rose huffed and tucked her fan away. "Sebastian has no such relations!" She folded her arms. "...He says Hainer and Adhan are ones to not to associate directly with, but rather to keep on good terms with. And I will play my part."

Mabelle chuckled. "Of course, dear." Rose quirked a brow at her, but said nothing. The infant in Mabelle's arms squirmed and fussed, prompting her to rock him. "I really must be off, it's nearly feeding time for the little one."

"Yes," Xaviera said quickly, "I should be off to tend to my girls. I really don't like leaving them with the caretaker long."

Rose forced a smile and nodded pleasantly. "Be well, you two." Her smile faded as they left. She wished she could leave to attend to her family as well, but still the Creator would not bless her and her husband with a baby of their own. The church managed to keep her occupied and her spirits up as they waited, but she tried her best to socialize primarily with the other upper-class wives of the church. They were her husband's primary demographic, considering his wealth in valuable jewellery, and keeping a good relationship with them meant good things for her family. Now that they were gone and the crowd was dispersing, however, her need to maintain her image was much lesser.

She hurried over to Father Joseph and curtsied politely in greeted. "A wonderful speech as always, Father." She sighed and peered at the flyers that Hainer had tossed carelessly to the ground. "Let me help you with these." She knelt down (with some difficulty, considering her apparel) and began gathering the scattered pages.

Father Joseph rested a hand lightly on her shoulder, causing her to glance up. "Mrs. Vasiliu, my dear, you don't need to exert yourself for such a thing - "

"Rose is fine, Father. And this is no trouble!" She smiled kindly and cleared her throat. "...These flyers cost the Church a fortunate and I don't wish to see any wasted..."

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
The Hive District; Whithauben Smith's Fine Steel
Another hammer strike to the red-hot metal, and Frederick knew it would be complete, this beautiful sword, easily his finest work. He was paid highly for this job, and he would not disappoint. Hammering out the tip, it was done, a perfect thing of metal. Frederick grinned widely, his teeth almost visible past his beard, as he let the blade cool, occasionally dabbing oil onto it, so it may cool faster. But he had time, he had another week to make this blade. Placing it aside, away from the bins containing other, lesser blades, he turned, before striking upon an idea. Why not show off this blade, or at least, another one of high quality? Business was poor, and perhaps this new wave of young, hotheaded, wannabe daemon slayers could grant him some money?

Stepping outside into the light, he noticed a small crowd nearby. He ducked back into his shop, and after a few minutes, carefully balanced the papers in his hands. After locking the door behind him, he stumbled off, somewhat unused to walking about at this time of day. These advertisements would make him rich. Slowly walking towards the crowd, he noted a man in some sort of robes on the ground. It took him a minute, but Frederick realized this man was part of the Church of Dawn. He soon rose and started comforting a woman, who was scooping up papers of some kind. Another man stood nearby, and Frederick remembered him. This man had once paraded around claiming to have slain a daemon, and perhaps this could get him a market.

Clearing his throat, Frederick walked up to the man, who turned with a flourish.

"I heard ye kill daemons, and the like, eh?" Frederick spoke calmly, trying not to let his anxiety show. He handed a paper over to this man, stating the simple address of his shop. "Come over here, best blades ye'll ever buy. I guarantee it."