• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dustox: The Lover. The Fighter. The Legend.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Ahh, Dustox. What an unfortunate existence you have lived. Forced into servitude simply to mirror another character's pokémon that will more than likely never see the light of day again, and second fiddle to a snake that could open a can of beans with out the aid of arms or a can opener.

What do people think of Dustox? Yes, I'm well aware that EVERYONE goes around these days, claiming it's a useless pokémon that should just get the hell out to make way for Jessie's new Ho-oh or Exeggutor, but what is your REAL opinion of the pokémon itself, and it's situation?
Do you like or dislike Dustox? Do you think it should stay or go? How about the idea of Jessie getting a new pokémon AND keeping Dustox? As her primary contest pokémon, should it stay for sentimental value? And if Dustox were to leave, how do you think the deal should go down?

Personally, I have nothing against Dustox. True, it's not a particularly exciting pokémon, and it's personality consists of nothing more than it shrieking 'Doh-Kei!' during the occasions where it's actually out of that pokéball. But otherwise, it's a decent enough pokémon, and it wields sentimental value for being Jessie's first real contender in contests.
I'm all for her catching something new, in fact I encourage the decision. But I don't see why this means Dustox should have to leave. After all, there's no rule suggesting that Team Rocket can't have more than three pokémon each, ESPECIALLY with all the wacky events going on lately. I'd be perfectly fine with it sticking around, as long as it isn't a hindrance. And lets be honest here; It never has been.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
I always thought that Dustox was practically useless but I'm absolutely surprised by the outcome of the last contest. Maybe it deserves the benefit of the doubt and maybe it should stay with her.

It's a boring pokemon with no personality but at least it did something.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I liked Dustox back in Hoenn but since then I've pretty much lost interest in it. Its still an ok Pokemon but it just feels out of place in the D/P series.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The whole contest with dustox could have been it's last hurrah in the series since it won and actually did something impressive, but hey this season is all about surprises.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
I think Dustox is cute and should stay! If Dustox has to leave, however, I think May and Jessie should be forced to do a contest together and her Beautifly and Jessies Dustox should become a happy couple and flutter off into the distance.

PDL

disenchanted
I'm predicting that it'll be replaced by the gligar if one is actually obtained.

The ribbon it won in the newest contest was a final acheivement and it's final farewell.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This reminds me of my Forretress thread.

Dustox is a fighter, and certainly compared to it's counterpart "Beautifly", it's alot cooler. But y'know what they say Gravy, "Like Moths to a fire, so are the days of are life in a bush".

But I agree with the speculation of it's latest win (which is deserving considering in the prior Contest with Kenny it showed some stamina as it got back up after a faux-KO) is possibly a nice way to let it go.

However, I really can't think of a way for the writers to let it go...I mean, unless it mates or something. Then we can all speculate on whether it dies.

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
This reminds me of my Forretress thread.

Dustox is a fighter, and certainly compared to it's counterpart "Beautifly", it's alot cooler. But y'know what they say Gravy, "Like Moths to a fire, so are the days of are life in a bush".

But I agree with the speculation of it's latest win (which is deserving considering in the prior Contest with Kenny it showed some stamina as it got back up after a faux-KO) is possibly a nice way to let it go.

However, I really can't think of a way for the writers to let it go...I mean, unless it mates or something. Then we can all speculate on whether it dies.

Like I said, I still think May and Jessie should be forced to do a Pokémon contest together and Dustox and Beautifly fall in love, and win because of the love htey show eachother. Then they mate, and flutter off into the distance, with a funny and emotional rememberance of Beautiffly and Dustox, they're battles etc. A cute and emotional episode. Aah.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
No.

Dustox can't mate with Beautifly.

Only Staravia is the answer.

Why? Because, if you've noticed, both Pokemon on occasion (see Probopass episode and Dress Up episode, and Luxray episode) have suddenly been teleported into DIMENSION X, that zone Pokemon go to when their plot signifigance for said scene is over.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Somehow I found it a little peculiar that Dustox remained when Beautifly left the show, although I admit I rather like Dustox. Even though it still sorta rarely shows itself, it's definitely getting more airtime than it did in Johto, I think. So... if it really is as good a Contest Pokemon as people say it's become, then why not let it stay a little longer? At least until it gets a good episode to triumphantly leave with.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I should and always have liked Dustox, As for it being personalityless I have always seen it as a joky, yet bully pokemon. This was enforced when James was using ALL team Rockets pokemon when we 1rst met Kenny. Dustok took center stage, flying up to the screen and pulling a scray face and laughing!

Dustok, should definatly stay, in contest battles it always dose good, and as a final, 2nd stage pokemon, it seems to be on of Jessies strongest, it also has a gd movepool, unlike Servipers Poision tail + bite = failure.

If anyone had to leave, I think its time for Wobbefett to go and let Mime jr shine and become the new "4th" member. Wobbetfett has done nothing since that battle with Harly and needs to wobble off!

Dustox is a Legend!

Somehow I found it a little peculiar that Dustox remained when Beautifly left the show, although I admit I rather like Dustox. Even though it still sorta rarely shows itself, it's definitely getting more airtime than it did in Johto, I think. So... if it really is as good a Contest Pokemon as people say it's become, then why not let it stay a little longer? At least until it gets a good episode to triumphantly leave with.

Maybe thats because it was not in Johto? Honen and Kanto however you may be right!

Last edited:

Araleon

Chill
It's still more interesting than Seviper is.

So Seviper should go to make way for Ho-Oh or Exeggutor and Dustox should stay put.

True that! Dustox rules! I kinda wish, and I said this when I last posted on the Next Pokemon thread, that Seviper makes room for Gligar, or Swinub, or something else.

Araleon
;269;

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I don't know if dustox really has a means to be on the show at this point. His only real purpose was to rival May's beautifly, and since the old swallowtail has been gone since Hoenn, I don't see why he's still around.

Of course, Jessie probably wouldn't have gotten into contests without him, so maybe he's kept in gratification for that. Dustox is a rather uninteresting pokemon, but then again, Team Rocket isn't really getting many interesting pokemon lately. We've got the cool looking, but fairly personality lacking seviper, wobuffet and mime jr. who were good enough in their prime, but have gotten extremely stale over time, carnivine, who's pretty much the same old grass type in new, 4th gen glitter, and of course, dustox.

I'm all for her catching something new, in fact I encourage the decision. But I don't see why this means Dustox should have to leave. After all, there's no rule suggesting that Team Rocket can't have more than three pokémon each, ESPECIALLY with all the wacky events going on lately.
Well, one person said that Team Rocket could only have six pokemon on their team, including meowth, to sort of mirror Ash's team. Though that sounds like rubbish, because Ash doesn't even have six pokemon yet, and there are always more than six on team Twerp, because there are more than one people on it. Plus meowth doesn't even fight. Though this seems to be the case, as the team usually does consist of only five pokemon and meowth. As for all those wacky events...
most of them have been reverted back to the original thing now. Ash even has more than one starter again.

I wouldn't want Jessie to have two more pokemon than James, it's already unfair the way it is. I'm all for giving Jessie a new pokemon, as she's got nothing but Johto and Hoenn while James...
has an all Sinnoh team
But if she's going to get one, I think she'll have to let one go. Dustox has done less than seviper, though
cacnea could be considered seviper's counterpart, and with him gone, seviper could very well be next
(if you don't want to read spoilers, I put reasons why I think seviper could be Jessie's first pokemon to leave) Although, seviper is a very popular pokemon, and it can be considered sentimental, for being remnicent of arbok. Plus, it's more memorable than dustox. Remember how dustox took forever to even be included in the Advance Battle opening title? The title had stopped playing in America by then!

Now, if dustox has got to go, how do we do it? Well, I'm wondering how a homage would go over? Make it leave just like butterfree? May and Dawn had the bike thing as a homage to Misty's original story, but would doing that to dustox work? The only other thing they could do is the same thing weezing and arbok got, and dustox is the only pokemon who can go that way (seviper is the only pokemon in its line). I can't think of any other reason to get dustox out. Maybe the anime could kick it waaay up, and have the first ever pokemon death? I'm obviously going crazy here, so I might as well end it now.

Last edited:

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Y'know what, I'm gonna say it, since it needs to happen.
Out with Seviper, In with Dustox and new pokemon!

If Jessie really does catch the Gligar or Gliscor in the upcoming episode, Seviper should be the one to go.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I don't really have an opinion on dustox as it hasn't really done anything significant. With that said anyone with love for interesting characters can't really love it either. It just there till it's replaced to something that won't do that much either, but will atleast promote d/p.