• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Mary Jane affects the nervous system. It is stupid not to say that it WON'T cause traffic accidents and the manner.
Drugs are drugs; ban them all or find someway to use them in a safe manner (which really, no way is safe).
Why do we even need drugs anyway? All they do is hurt you. There's no significant "help" factor involved with any of these drugs, including Weed. there is nothing weed can do that a regular pharmaceutical drug can't.

Saying that weed dosen't help you is like saying TV dosen't help you. Or playing pokemon dosen't help you. IT'S NOT TO HEAL AIDS OR CANCER BRO, IT'S FOR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT.

ChedWick

Smoking tobacco and smoking weed are two totally different things my friend.

Not really.

Um, please be quiet, l dont see you getting any points accross either, so, shut up until you have some respect, stop spamming by arguing with me, and get back on topic. You have a bit of a rep from me by doing that, making YOURSELF look like a moron, so shut up, and enjoy the thread.

Ironic post is ironic.

Mary Jane affects the nervous system. It is stupid not to say that it WON'T cause traffic accidents and the manner.
Drugs are drugs; ban them all or find someway to use them in a safe manner (which really, no way is safe).
Why do we even need drugs anyway? All they do is hurt you. There's no significant "help" factor involved with any of these drugs, including Weed. there is nothing weed can do that a regular pharmaceutical drug can't.

Wow, you really don't know too much about drugs do you.

I'd also like to point out that driving under the influence covers ALL substances that impair ones judgement, not just alcohol. So it would apply to THC, thus making driving while smoking still illegal.

They do, however, both cause lung damage. The health effects of tobacco and marijuana are, mind you, significantly different. And, from information I have, not bad enough to really justify illegalization of marijuana while tobacco is perfectly legal.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
They do, however, both cause lung damage. The health effects of tobacco and marijuana are, mind you, significantly different. And, from information I have, not bad enough to really justify illegalization of marijuana while tobacco is perfectly legal.

^That
10char.

noahdaboa

Banned

*sigh* Smoking anything causes lung damage my friend. Nicotine additionally is far more addictive than marijuana.

ChedWick

Yes. Really. Don't get me started on how much worse smoking cigars, cigarettes, etc. is compared to smoking marijuana. Really don't.

Again not really. They both have their pros and cons, cigarettes may be more harmful to your health but marijuana impairs judgement. Both sides in favor of one or the other will argue primarily that its a person right to smoke what ever the substance is in question so long as it affects no one else. Which is why it is ironic that those against cigarettes are in-favor of marijuana.

*sigh* Smoking anything causes lung damage my friend. Nicotine additionally is far more addictive than marijuana.

Nowhere did I say otherwise. I'm simply noting that they do, in fact, have that in common. I believe I noted earlier that marijuana is less addictive than nicotine, by a very significant amount. Cool your jets, mate.

It would be good in some ways, but some idiots will end up smoking it.

You're right. That's not something that already happens.

oh wait

Really, that's not gonna change.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Smoking tobacco and smoking weed are two totally different things my friend.
If you oppose Tobacco on the health risks of smoking (especially the Secondhand Smoke argument) yet support Marijuana legalization that's called being hypocritical.

KickAsh

halted development
Nice ad-hominem later, though. Why don't you ask Paul Armentano at NORML about that and find out how wrong you are. In fact, you don't have to: read these arguments. That's a lot of work and legit scientists on a case for something that's, in your words, "just [because they] want to get stoned and not have to worry about being thrown in jail for it."
I'm not denying that marijuana has medicinal uses. I'm just saying that the vast majority of the pro-marijuana group don't care about that. They don't have cancer, they just want to get high. And if we do legalize medical marijuana, as 14 states and Washington, D.C. already have, its a guarantee we will see an upshot in people having "chronic pains" or using it for "stress relief".

And while marijuana can be used medicinally, it can also go way the other direction. Marijuana causes the heart rate to shoot up between 20% and 100%--making marijuana smokers 5 times as likely to have a heart attack right after smoking. In younger smokers, it can stunt basic emotional development and cause paranoia in their still-growing brains. And if you have an anxiety disorder, marijuana may actually cause a panic attacks. Overall, marijuana users are more likely to get sick and miss work than non-users. And finally, it hasn't been proven, but it's been suggested that marijuana may causes schizophrenia in young users. Not to mention, smoking in general is bad for you--it deteriorates lung tissue.

I can link to things, too.
Here's the heart rate study. Here's the panic attack one. This is the one about paranoia. The one regarding illness. Here's the one that contends marijuana causes schizophrenia.

Yes really. Maybe you didn't think your comments through very well but the budget for the war on drugs is outstanding. All to stop the import of it, the low level sell of it and street level use/possession of it. Make it legal and the need for black market trafficking greatly goes down as well as the need to stop it. Legalize it and we cut down on the need to try and jail non-violent "criminals." Coming up with new regulations wont take long. The government even with its habit of not ever doing anything constantly come up with hundred page proposals as if they are making instant mac. The tax argument you have isn't the DEA problem, it's an IRS problem and like the majority of other stuff bought and sold between street dealers will likely have a blind eye turned to them.
Do you realize the War on Drugs is international and targets more than just marijuana, right? Legalizing marijuana won't stop the war on drugs, and if it does lower the cost of the WoD it won't be a huge difference at all. The U.S. gives hundreds of millions of dollars to Colombia alone, and Colombia isn't distributing marijuana, it's mostly exporting cocaine. If we make marijuana legal, we still have to help Colombia with cocaine. And that's just one example.
And yes, black market distribution of marijuana will go down, but it won't stop altogether. The proposed tax on marijuana (the one that would "fix" the economy) is $50. You know as well as I do that people won't want to pay $50 to get high, so there will still be black market sales of marijuana. And just because someone is non-violent doesn't mean they aren't a criminal. That's ridiculous. Prisons are full of robbers, embezzlers, etc. Do you remember Bernard Madoff? How about Rod Blagojevich? Neither of them committed acts of violence, but do you consider them criminals?
Ok, even if coming up with new regulations doesn't take long, it will still be a pain to enforce. It's easier for the DEA when everything about marijuana falls under the umbrella of "illegal". If heavier types of marijuana are illegal, etc, the DEA has a harder time because it has to investigate, test the sample, and more before it can tell if the weed is illegal or not. So it won't save time for the DEA.

Last edited:

noahdaboa

Banned
If you oppose Tobacco on the health risks of smoking (especially the Secondhand Smoke argument) yet support Marijuana legalization that's called being hypocritical.

No its called being well educated on the subject, here in AMERICA schools are now making it a priority to educated their students on this exact subject. So after spending a couple months taking a class on alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, crack, etc. I think know exactly what i'm talking about.

ChedWick

No its called being well educated on the subject, here in AMERICA schools are now making it a priority to educated their students on this exact subject. So after spending a couple months taking a class on alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, crack, etc. I think know exactly what i'm talking about.

Sure doesn't seem that way. And what part of this America do you live in where schools aren't prioritizing standardized test in the curriculum.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I'm not too keen on the stuff but I'm not gonna go on a rant about how dangerous marriageuwanna is either, so I'll just say that as long as I can get my high!Morty humor fics then I'm all for the drug.

lugia p

zekrom trainer
It being illegal just makes them kids want it more to be "badass". Seeing as tobacco and alcohol are legal, why isn't marajuana?

Because marajuana is easy to grow which would make it harder for the government to make money off of it. Tobacco is pretty hard to keep alive.

I'm not denying that marijuana has medicinal uses. I'm just saying that the vast majority of the pro-marijuana group don't care about that.

Prove. It. Or else you're just spouting ad hominem attacks.

They don't have cancer, they just want to get high. And if we do legalize medical marijuana, as 14 states and Washington, D.C. already have, its a guarantee we will see an upshot in people having "chronic pains" or using it for "stress relief".

This is the case if we assume legalization of only medical marijuana and not recreational use of marijuana.

And while marijuana can be used medicinally, it can also go way the other direction. Marijuana causes the heart rate to shoot up between 20% and 100%--making marijuana smokers 5 times as likely to have a heart attack right after smoking. In younger smokers, it can stunt basic emotional development and cause paranoia in their still-growing brains. And if you have an anxiety disorder, marijuana may actually cause a panic attacks.

Like any drug, marijuana will not be prescribed to everyone. It should perhaps be prescription-only, but that is legal. You know who will prescribe it? Trained medical professionals, who will know if the risks outweigh the benefits or not.

Besides, all other medicines have side effects, some up to and including death. Maybe we should just ban all medicine. After all, what you're saying here would support that view, too.

Overall, marijuana users are more likely to get sick and miss work than non-users. And finally, it hasn't been proven, but it's been suggested that marijuana may causes schizophrenia in young users. Not to mention, smoking in general is bad for you--it deteriorates lung tissue.

Really. I never would have guessed. You do know that you can get THC from sources besides smoking, right?

I can link to things, too.

And while I do appreciate it, thank you also for being kind of a condescending douche about it.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Saying that weed dosen't help you is like saying TV dosen't help you. Or playing pokemon dosen't help you. IT'S NOT TO HEAL AIDS OR CANCER BRO, IT'S FOR PERSONAL ENJOYMENT.
So wait,
Drinking alcohol is for personal enjoyment too, right?
But when does personal enjoyment end and where does the severe risk factor take over?
Every time you smoke/take a swig, you risk the lives of those around you. Likely because you are going to do something stupid. Like get behind the wheel of a car while drunk or high and kill a innocent driver on the highway. Because for what? PERSONAL ENJOYMENT? Kinda f**ked up bro.

I'd also like to point out that driving under the influence covers ALL substances that impair ones judgement, not just alcohol. So it would apply to THC, thus making driving while smoking still illegal.
No matter what though, Weed is addictive.
Just like any other drug or STIMULANT. Because if you start using the same chemical over and over, your body develops a dependency on it to function normally. That in itself is an addiction.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
It is. I'd have to dig up the Lancet article, but marijuana is less addictive and less harmful than either tobacco or alcohol, both of which are legal. Marijuana contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which, as we know, has various health benefits, up to and including staving off cancer.

Yes, THC is the medicine used to help treat nausea which people prefer to smoke than take tablets as it is easier to control and prevent an overdose. A great reason alone to legalize marijuana.

Legalizing and taxing marijuana is a good thing. End of story. I also believe that if you oppose its legalization, you should also be in favor of illegalizing tobacco and alcohol, but this is personal opinion.

Agreed. If the government legalizes marijuana, then they can tax it, control the potency and the purity (to check the marijuana isn't spiked or laced with other crap) to reduce health risks. Legalizing marijuana would boost revenue and remove the 'anti-social' tag it has. It's a win, win situation for everyone, especially me as I currently have a police warning for being caught smoking marijuana and now I got to hide it in my socks when I go pick some up :/

lugia p

zekrom trainer
Agreed. If the government legalizes marijuana, then they can tax it, control the potency and the purity (to check the marijuana isn't spiked or laced with other crap) to reduce health risks. Legalizing marijuana would boost revenue and remove the 'anti-social' tag it has. It's a win, win situation for everyone, especially me as I currently have a police warning for being caught smoking marijuana and now I got to hide it in my socks when I go pick some up :/

It's very easy to grow taxing wouldnt work well unless they kept it illegal to grow. Then I can see someone driving to a handy store and buys a pack like they would cigarattes, and gets high on the way home and boom he thought the minivan was a giant hot dog and starts chasing it and dies in a crash or kills others.