• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I think the best solution would be to ban alcohol again.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
That would do nothing but piss of everyone involved, it's ridiculous, we're not children. Humans are entitled to a certain level of recreation.

It's still stupid to ban something that never killed anyone ever, but instead keep something that's harmful for humans to consume. That's why the only logical choices are to legalize pot or reinstate prohibition.

BurningWhiteKyurem

It's still stupid to ban something that never killed anyone ever, but instead keep something that's harmful for humans to consume. That's why the only logical choices are to legalize pot or reinstate prohibition.

I agree, but I'd only want pot to be legalized. Banning alcohol/prohibition is going to open up a huge can of worms.

trfan

The 'Weird' One

That's not really fantastic logic unfortunately. It's like saying the UK government should personally go kick every seventeen year old who wants to go to university in the face because they're already doing that with their price of education, or gays should be denied all rights because they're already being denied some.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
That's not really fantastic logic unfortunately. It's like saying the UK government should personally go kick every seventeen year old who wants to go to university in the face because they're already doing that with their price of education, or gays should be denied all rights because they're already being denied some.

My logic is no fantasy. Your counter arguments are not analogous to my one. Getting kicked in the face metaphorically (paying a lot of money) =/= getting literally kicked in the face. There really isn't two sides to whether or not gays should be have rights There are however two sides on whether people should be allowed to use drugs to intoxicate themselves. When you compare marijuana with alcohol, it is obvious that marijuana is the lesser of the two evils. So, if for whatever reason alcohol must stay, it would only makes sense that marijuana gets legalized as well.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
My logic is no fantasy. Your counter arguments are not analogous to my one.

Its true you all got nothing on him, the only reason alcohol is legal and marijuana is not, is because it offers no spiritual benefits and or thought profitable outcomes.
The only thing alcohol does to its consumers is destroy brain cells,kills and dumbs out the population in which choose to breed while drinking. While marijuana may harm brain cells and may harm us in large quantities, in any quantity it offers inspiration,faith and alternate thought processes in which many have used through inspiration in which have revolutionized the world.

The MAIN reason Marijuana is illegal, is because the governments need to control how we think, because human beings can become a threat to the rest of the populations..
And when smoking marijuana, people begin to question things, they question this and that because they are no longer enslaved by the cognitive thought processes in which the world wide system has been implicating in our children with. When smoking marijuana people question things that don't make sense, they question things that should change because they are the right thing to do. While when drinking, the only thing people seem to do is fight and become more depressed..

trfan

The 'Weird' One
My logic is no fantasy. Your counter arguments are not analogous to my one. Getting kicked in the face metaphorically (paying a lot of money) =/= getting literally kicked in the face. There really isn't two sides to whether or not gays should be have rights There are however two sides on whether people should be allowed to use drugs to intoxicate themselves. When you compare marijuana with alcohol, it is obvious that marijuana is the lesser of the two evils. So, if for whatever reason alcohol must stay, it would only makes sense that marijuana gets legalized as well.

You've completely missed the point of my analogy. Two wrong don't make a right, it just makes two wrongs, that is my problem with your logic, and that is why I am saying it is the same as gay rights violations, in terms of how they're both legal injustices.

If someone does something bad, they shouldn't do something just as bad again, they should repent (as dramatic as that word is).

Its true you all got nothing on him, the only reason alcohol is legal and marijuana is not, is because it offers no spiritual benefits and or thought profitable outcomes.
The only thing alcohol does to its consumers is destroy brain cells,kills and dumbs out the population in which choose to breed while drinking. While marijuana may harm brain cells and may harm us in large quantities, in any quantity it offers inspiration,faith and alternate thought processes in which many have used through inspiration in which have revolutionized the world.

The MAIN reason Marijuana is illegal, is because the governments need to control how we think, because human beings can become a threat to the rest of the populations..
And when smoking marijuana, people begin to question things, they question this and that because they are no longer enslaved by the cognitive thought processes in which the world wide system has been implicating in our children with. When smoking marijuana people question things that don't make sense, they question things that should change because they are the right thing to do. While when drinking, the only thing people seem to do is fight and become more depressed..

AKA alcohol is more dangerous.

Iceberg

A human
Alcohol is dangerous when over-consumed, like a lot of things. Bacon for example, is bad for your heart. Eating a lot of it on a regular basis will lead to health problems. Does this mean we should ban bacon? No of course not. If we were to ban everything that may be bad for us there wouldn't be much left.

Look at the French. They drink wine moderately, usually a glass with their meals. This has tremendous health benefits for them, including the lowered chance of heart disease. Now if you were to get hammered off of alcohol every week, you would be doing yourself harm. But a couple of beers on a Saturday isn't going to cause you many problems.

It is about moderation. Most things are bad in large doses, some more than others (like McDonald's). If you drink alcohol in moderation, just like if you smoke weed in moderation, you won't be doing much, if any harm.

The only reason marijuana is illegal is because of hemp. Once upon a time, someone figured out how to make paper and paper by-products (among other things) from hemp (which comes from marijuana). This is exceptionally cheaper and better for the environment than trees because marijuana is a weed. A "forest" of marijuana plants will replenish a lot faster than a forest of trees. This sounded great for the planet, except for those who became very rich off of forestry. Those people strategically placed some money in the pockets of politicians and viola! Marijuana is illegal, on the preface that it is a dangerous drug, but in actuality it will destroy some very rich people's profits. Since marijuana is illegal, hemp is illegal.

Mr.FusRoDah

WHat? THen how come hemp is sold in stores like Wal-Mart?

Eterna

It's allowed for medical use, why would we need it for anything else? Recreation? Find other things to do. Using Alcohol as justification for Marijuana to be legal is a scapegoat, Marijuana may not have killed anyone yet, but if legal it's very possible we could start seeing death due to the drugs use.

Just because one harmful substance is legal to consume does not mean we should allow another.

The honest and logical action would be either A.) keep weed illegal and then outlaw alcohol or B.) keep alcohol legal and legalize weed, otherwise it is a horrid logic that contradicts itself.

And no, I'm sorry but what don't you people get, its not like if it became legal that it would then have the potential to have 'harmful side effects that may cause death', as if it would being undergoing some metamorphosis that would produce such. The effects would not change and differ, we know what the side effects are, and we know that alcohol and other pharmaceutical drugs are actually, provably more harmful and that marijuana is relativity non harmful.

Last edited:

Eterna

The honest and logical action would be either A.) keep weed illegal and then outlaw alcohol or B.) keep alcohol legal and legalize weed, otherwise it is a horrid logic that contradicts itself.

And no, I'm sorry but what don't you people get, its not like if it became legal that it would then have the potential to have 'harmful side effects that may cause death', as if it would being undergoing some metamorphosis that would produce such.

Driving while high can kill people. Denying this is silly, you are not driving at your full mental capacity.

BurningWhiteKyurem

It's allowed for medical use, why would we need it for anything else? Recreation? Find other things to do. Using Alcohol as justification for Marijuana to be legal is a scapegoat, Marijuana may not have killed anyone yet, but if legal it's very possible we could start seeing death due to the drugs use.

Just because one harmful substance is legal to consume does not mean we should allow another.

Then you have hypocritical laws, and hypocrisy would never make sense and only serve to complicate matters in the court of law. The only way to fix this issue is if A) Weed is illegal therefore Alcohol should also be because of harms or B) Legalize Weed on the idea that it's harmless and since Alcohol is arguably more harmful, Weed has no reason to be illegal.

Eterna

Sooo driving while high should be just as illegal as driving drunk.

If it's legal to use Marijuana the incidents of people driving under the influence would increase.

Then you have hypocritical laws, and hypocrisy would never make sense and only serve to complicate matters in the court of law. The only way to fix this issue is if A) Weed is illegal therefore Alcohol should also be because of harms or B) Legalize Weed on the idea that it's harmless and since Alcohol is arguably more harmful, Weed has no reason to be illegal.

Why though? Why does Alcohol being legal mean weed has to be legal? I don't see how Alcohol being legal and weed being illegal complicates the judicial process.

Last edited: