• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

If it's legal to use Marijuana the incidents of people driving under the influence would increase.

Even this though is getting out past relevance....if we allowed people to own lethal weapons there would be more deaths that are result of use of those weapons... do you see where I'm going? People still drive drunk, its up to us to be responsible, just like how there are other things that are allotted to us the right time in age that can be dangerous if abused or neglected, we have rights that are in partial due to and dependent on being responsible. A responsible, rationally thinking adult will know that drinking and driving can result in the following: loss of life and/or fines/jail time. The same would be happening with legalized weed, will people drive high, yeah, but guess what people still drive drunk despite the undeniable fact that has been proven over and over again to be the wrong thing to do. There will be responsible people and irresponsible people regardless.

Last edited:

Eterna

Even this though is getting out past relevance....if we allowed people to own lethal weapons there would be more deaths that are result of use of those weapons... do you see where I'm going? People still drive drunk, its up to us to be responsible, just like how there are other things that are allotted to us the right time in age that can be dangerous if abused or neglected, we have rights that are in partial due to and dependent on being responsible. A responsible, rationally thinking adult will know that drinking and driving can result in the following: loss of life and/or fines/jail time. The same would be happening with legalized weed, will people drive high, yeah, but guess what people still drive drunk despite the undeniable fact that has been proven over and over again to be the wrong thing to do. There will be responsible people and irresponsible people regardless.

Except it wouldn't because both alcohol and Weed skew a persons ability to see reason and make smart choices. With Weed being illegal most people are more inclined to use it indoors.

When dealing with substances that affect a persons judgement responsibility is thrown out the window because while using these substances a persons sense of responsibility is often forgotten.

I feel comfortable using the word will. If it's not illegal people will be using it in far more public places than they do currently.

No evidence that this is the case.

Just like there is no evidence saying that won't be the case. You only need to look at Drunk driving incidents to see what effect legalizing a substance that impairs mental cognition creates.

Read the thread.

What a well thought out and riveting rebuttal. You deserve a shiny sticker.

It's not the entirety of the rebuttal.

If you read the thread you'll find the evidence you're looking.

xDWarrior

Dude, you're trying too hard. LOL
You being insulted is beside the point. Drinking and doing drugs is just as bad as each other. Honest. The only reason why I am barely comparing is because we weren't even on the subject. Another thing, yes, you can OD on A LOT of things, but it is more likely you are going to OD on drugs than on water. And LOL at your last sentence. Doing drugs **** you up. Not most of the deaths come from pissed off drug dealers. That's all I gotta say here.

Gotta say it champ, Malanu is right here.
If you look at the evidence drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco have caused way more harm than smoking marijuana. Sure, if you smoke an absurd amount of dope (let's say the equivalent of 2 packs a day of tobacco you'll see an increased lung cancer risk. But most people chain-smoke marijuana like they do tobacco. The fact of the matter is marijauna is way less harmfull than you think it is.

Also did you know it's legal in Amsterdam? Did you know that because of that Amsterdam has less of a problem with drug-related crime and a smaller percentage of the population actually smokes it over there? I suggest doing some research before coming into this thread and claiming that marijuana kills so many people and that anybody who knows otherwise is retarded. You may now proceed to remove your foot from your mouth.

Eterna

AND that ends your point eterna.

READ the thread.

If you think I'm going to read 37 pages of a thread and then magically come to the conclusion that legalizing Marijuana won't have an increase in incidents related to the drug, then you are sorely mistaken. As it stands right now, you are dodging.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Why though? Why does Alcohol being legal mean weed has to be legal? I don't see how Alcohol being legal and weed being illegal complicates the judicial process.

Because as it stands right now, the law is there in order to prohibit something that harms (< key word here) a human being. Look at this website for instance:
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

From 2009 alone, alcohol-induced deaths caused 23,199 deaths. Yet look at statistics for marijuana and you see that it doesn't kill anyone. How does it make any sense to criminalize something that is essentially harmless from the standpoint of causing death? Yet each year you have alcohol-related deaths consistently outnumbering marijuana-related deaths.

It simply doesn't make sense (until you factor the history of the War on Drugs mostly because the government focused on misconceptions such as perceived harms of marijuana).

Last edited:
If you think I'm going to read 37 pages of a thread and then magically come to the conclusion that legalizing Marijuana won't have an increase in incidents related to the drug, then you are sorely mistaken. As it stands right now, you are dodging.

If you say so. Meanwhile the evidence will just remain in this thread, unread by you. The evidence that me pointing you towards is supposedly a result of dodging.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I can understand them wanting to keep drugs out of the hands of kids who have no idea of the consequences of taking drugs, but if you're a legal adult and know and understand the risks, why should anyone have the right to stop you? IMO, no drug should be illegal to anyone who, in the eyes of the law, is an adult.

Eterna

If you say so. Meanwhile the evidence will just remain in this thread, unread by you. The evidence that me pointing you towards is supposedly a result of dodging.

There is no evidence to support that legalizing marijuana wouldn't result in more incidents related to the drug, nice try though. The only evidence you could possibly have would be anecdotal. If a illegal substance is made legal more people will use it due to there being no prejudice, with more people using there would naturally be more incidents involving the drug. It's common sense.

How you could argue otherwise seems silly to me.

Because as it stands right now, the law is there in order to prohibit something that harms (< key word here) a human being. Look at this website for instance:
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

From 2009 alone, alcohol-induced deaths caused 23,199 deaths. Yet look at statistics for marijuana and you see that it doesn't kill anyone. How does it make any sense to criminalize something that is essentially harmless from the standpoint of causing death? Yet each year you have alcohol-related deaths consistently outnumbering marijuana-related deaths.

It simply doesn't make sense (until you factor the history of the War on Drugs mostly because the government focused on misconceptions such as perceived harms of marijuana).

I could easily argue that Marijuana doesn't cause deaths because it is illegal and people are far less likely to use it in public areas where poor judgement can lead to injury.

Last edited:

Ricky_Ragger

Yeah they should legalise it. If they did imagine the future.

Good music, good movies, funner people, and the list jst keeps going.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There is no evidence to support that legalizing marijuana wouldn't result in more incidents related to the drug, nice try though. The only evidence you could possibly have would be anecdotal. If a illegal substance is made legal more people will use it due to there being no prejudice, with more people using there would naturally be more incidents involving the drug. It's common sense.

How you could argue otherwise seems silly to me.

That could happen with any drug, even alcohol which is already legal. How is alcohol any less dangerous than marijuana?

Eterna

That could happen with any drug, even alcohol which is already legal. How is alcohol any less dangerous than marijuana?

Having one dangerous substance be legal doesn't mean we should have another. 2 wrongs to make a right and all the jazz.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Having one dangerous substance be legal doesn't mean we should have another. 2 wrongs to make a right and all the jazz.

It's not about "two wrongs making a right". It's about consistency. If they're going to make a particular drug illegal, it should be because that drug is more harmful to society than others. Legalizing certain drugs arbitrarily is injust. Marijuana's been proven to be as dangerous if not less so than alcohol, so there's no logical reason to keep it illegal. Besides, many of the people who'd want to smoke marijuana probably already use drugs already (legal or otherwise), so it's not as if legalizing it would suddenly turn huge chunks of the population into potheads. If you want to say marijuana should be illegal because it's dangerous, that's fine. But then by that logic, pretty much every other drug should be illegal as well. After all, if two legal drugs are bad, how is one much better?

Last edited: