• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

ChedWick

What has 'grass' accomplished anyway?

What has 'grass' being illegal accomplished aside from waste millions of tax dollars on trying and putting away non-violent offenders?

"Got to Get you Into my Life" is about the joys of weed. True story.

Alex048

Master of the Mind
I find something inherently wrong with the manner that it was made illegal in. It wasn't made illegal for health or social reasons really. It was made illegal for racial and economic reasons.

Even if it is less dangerous than alcohol, let it stay illegal. It may be weaker, but it's still a method of intoxication.

Even if it is less dangerous than alcohol, let it stay illegal. It may be weaker, but it's still a method of intoxication.

There are obviously slim to none 'accidents' due to the usage of marijuana, unlike the millions of people dying from alcohol abuse, whether it be car crash, or just living failure.

The fact that alcohol is legal, yet it causes great amounts of deaths and injuries ..yet marijuana, which you ALWAYS hear about, yet it doesn't harm nearly anyone at all, and that's illegal still ..it really does not make sense at all. Why have a way more harmful substance legal, but not have a harmless herb legal? I understand why alcohol can't be illegalized (I mean I wouldn't want it to lose it's legal rights). But it's really silly how different these two substances are, yet one is still illegal and is so very harmless. :)

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Frankly we should just give up the ghost and just legalize weed already.
Alchol has been cited as an example of a more dangerous but also legal drug, however it also provides an excllent precedent for this discussion.
Back before the great depression Congress passed a law stating that the production, possesion and use of alcohol was illegal. Now a great many people did not agree with said law and as such made their own alcohol anyway.
If one were to substitute weed for booze than this would be very similar to what we are disucssing.
Eventually, due to an inablity to effectivly police the production of alcohol, Congress repealled the law and instead made the consumption of acohol legal, but the sale of it was taxed. Today if we were to legalize weed, and place a tax on it similar to that of alcohol we would end up with happy people who can buy weed at a theoretically slightly cheaper price, along with a massive sourse of revenue for the goverment, along with putting money back inot the economy. Nobody loses much at all, and most parties stand to gain.

Ioneos

old geezer
Ugh I hate to say this but maybe legal. If it's less dangerous than alchohol then why not? The only problem is limiting the intake...

rocky505

i do not understand how this is not as bad as alcohol but it is illegal and alcohol isn't. Yes friends do get annoying when high but at least they don't try to injure themselves and take things way too seriously when drunk. Alcohol should be banned not MJ.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
That's already happening without marajuana.

My thoughts exactly.

Id prefer to have it not legalized, but theres a heavy inclination to do so, given our current economical standpoint.

But most of the people who claim theyw ant it to be legalized for the economy usually dont care about the economy, they just want to smoke it.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I've heard it's less dangerous than alcohol, so I don't see why not. We already waste a lot of police resources of this reletively harmless drug.

Agreed. It doesn't kill you just from using it unlike Tobacco and Alcohol. I say we make this legal and have the police focus on more important things.

BTW, I don't want to smoke it. My respiratory system is fragile enough without it.

Radiohead

Human Disaster
It should be legal. I live in the Netherlands and it's not like we all smoke it all day. Most people actually never smoked it and never will, I'm pretty sure at least 75% of all the customers are tourists.
And I'm sure that everyone who wants to smoke weed, and lives somewhere where it is illegal, will get the stuff eventually, it would actually be safer if they'd legalize it.
I don't smoke it, but I do think it should be legalized, it relaxes you and it has overall way more advantages than alcohol will ever have, besides that alcohol is also just more dangerous.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
You must hate bar owners and shopkeepers.

That's such a straw man.

Potential substantial harms. Another important word you forgot to add.

For the record HIV has a lower transmission rate during heterosexual sex than the chance of developing schizophrenia from smoking weed. There are obviously potential harms to everything we do, and even when they seem small in percentages that doesn't make them any less significant.

Yes smoking marijuana is a choice and it always will be, but that doesn't make it a good choice. And as someone who sees a very different side of marijuana to what most young people think of it, from the psychiatric system, I really don't see how it can objectively be called a good choice. You only get one chance at life, but doesn't make it a good thing to just fuck around with it as much as you like.

That's such a straw man.

That's one way of ducking the point. However, it really isn't. You claim that drug dealers are the scum of the earth on the basis that they sell narcotic substances that can be harmful when abused to people who may very well abuse them (though of course many don't in any way whatsoever making your argument somewhat irrelevant. Anyway, moving on.) On that basis you should hate shopkeepers and bar-owners who do very much the same thing.

I'll state it once more so you can try again. You must hate shopkeepers and bar-owners.

For the record HIV has a lower transmission rate during heterosexual sex than the chance of developing schizophrenia from smoking weed.

Irrelevant.

There are obviously potential harms to everything we do, and even when they seem small in percentages that doesn't make them any less significant.

Irrelevant.

Yes smoking marijuana is a choice and it always will be, but that doesn't make it a good choice.

It's been fine for me thanks.

And as someone who sees a very different side of marijuana to what most young people think of it, from the psychiatric system, I really don't see how it can objectively be called a good choice.

Because it's awesome?

You only get one chance at life, but doesn't make it a good thing to just fuck around with it as much as you like.

Ignoring the cynical insinuation made at this point, I'll instead quote a rather poignant verse.

Laying in bed tonight I was thinking
And listening to all the dogs
And the sirens and the shots
And how a careful man tries
To dodge the bullets
While a happy man takes a walk

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
As has been pointed out before smokeign marijuana is a choice. Now how good or bad that choice is it is a choice.

Smoking is a choice, (regular tobacco I mean) and not a very good one, but thousands of people do it anyway.

Drinking is a choice, slightly better for you than smoking, but not by much, and thousands of people do it anyway....So while smoking weed is a choice, that is a choice that people are alound to make, not some goverment organization. Such is somewhat the principle of America.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
No, because if it is allowed, then the taxes will eventually get to high, causing a riot of drunk people who use the Marijuana, then they'll just make it illegals it again.

Aeral

asdfkghl;'
Possibly there are people who don't like smoking cigarettes or drinking, but would enjoy marijuana. That would mean more people addicted to bad, unhealthy things.

Whether or not Marijuana is good for you, smoking...putting smoke in your lungs in general is bad since it denies oxygen to your cells.

But anyway, I don't care what people do. I do me, you do you. You like weed? Go ahead and use it, I'm not judging you. Have fun.

Do keep in mind that buying weed does fund drug cartels and that those cartels are the bad people. The drug dealers are just trying to make a living doing what they can. The people buying the weed, etc. are just looking for a good time. It's really an inadvertent problem but not everyone knows/thinks about the cartels and their cruelty so you can't blame people for invincible ignorance.

The government would have to start growing its own marijuana or have companies in the U.S. with no affiliation to said cartels if weed were legal. Imagine how much chemical would be put into it? Not to mention, half the fun of scoring a bag would be lost because the thrill of avoiding the cops would be gone.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
manifesto said:
Imagine how much chemical would be put into it?
Imagine how much chemicals are in a government regulated product vs. something off the street?

Yeah, imagine that.

No, because if it is allowed, then the taxes will eventually get to high, causing a riot of drunk people who use the Marijuana, then they'll just make it illegals it again.
Hasn't happened with alcohol or cigarettes so far.