• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

Oh yes, because getting high is worth the life of someone who has never been around Marijuana and is unsuspecting to the fact they are allergic to it. I'm sorry, and i am likely biased due to that fact it can kill me, but you are never going to convince me that Weed is okay. anything that smells like burnt tires and makes you feel better rather than simply dealing with the problem forthwith, is not okay in my eyes.

randomspot555

Oh yes, because getting high is worth the life of someone who has never been around Marijuana and is unsuspecting to the fact they are allergic to it. I'm sorry, and i am likely biased due to that fact it can kill me, but you are never going to convince me that Weed is okay. anything that smells like burnt tires and makes you feel better rather than simply dealing with the problem forthwith, is not okay in my eyes.

A products legality shouldn't be decided upon just because some people are allergic. After all, dogs and cats are legal to be had as house pets, and at least in the US, service dogs are allowed in publicly accessible facilities.

ChedWick

Peanuts should be illegal I guess.

But see the thing about that is that the people that are allergic to dogs have the option to remove themselves from the situation. When the kid sits down next to me in school there isn't anything i can do except hold my breath for the next hour. Iv told him a few times, 'dude, you smell like you drink from a bong' and he told me to go to h*ll. That seems like a very non-violent response to me. There isn't anything i can do, yet when someone who is allergic to cats brings home a cat (my sister) it isn't anyone's fault but her own.

And stop comparing it to peanuts. my friend is allergic to peanuts and i have another friend who is allergic to applejuice. Its just another weird allergy. All I am saying is that if something isn't broken, don't fix it. We are perfectly fine with Marijuana outlawed, so why not keep it that way?

randomspot555

But see the thing about that is that the people that are allergic to dogs have the option to remove themselves from the situation. When the kid sits down next to me in school there isn't anything i can do except hold my breath for the next hour. Iv told him a few times, 'dude, you smell like you drink from a bong' and he told me to go to h*ll. That seems like a very non-violent response to me. There isn't anything i can do, yet when someone who is allergic to cats brings home a cat (my sister) it isn't anyone's fault but her own.

Again, I don't think laws should be made based on your individual situation. You are not a special little snowflake.

And apparently, your allergy isn't so severe that the "aftersmell" of pot on someone sends you into a collapsed lung stage ER visit...because apparently, you were able to clearly speak to him and not die.

Who is "we're fine with marijuana being outlawed?" My advice to people who don't like pot is the same to people who don't like abortions and don't like gay sex. If you don't want to smoke pot, don't smoke pot. If you don't want to date a gay man or a lesbian, then don't date a gay man or a lesbian. And if you don't like abortion, don't get one.

ChedWick

And stop comparing it to peanuts. my friend is allergic to peanuts and i have another friend who is allergic to applejuice. Its just another weird allergy. All I am saying is that if something isn't broken, don't fix it. We are perfectly fine with Marijuana outlawed, so why not keep it that way?

Is your friend being allergic to peanuts suppose to mean anything? A person allergic to peanuts can be so incredibly sensitive to the particular agent in peanuts that a person eating it next to them or even sitting next to them soon after eating them, pose a serious health risk. So the comparison is quite the same.

And actually the system is broken so yea, lets fix it.

Last edited:
It depends, This guy wasn't the worst offender who i happened to share a class with. He was one of them but not the worst. After hearing a guy answer a call from what he then said was from his 'guy' in front of the teacher who proceeded to do nothing i snapped. It smelled on his jacket, but not very much. These other kids though, you can smell it a mile away and it is my last class of the day were i proceed to sit as far away as possible. The ER visit only happened once. My Sister brought her new boyfriend to meet the family. as soon as he walked in i felt funny, then as the conversation went on i had to put down my game and search for some head-ache medicine. soon enough I felt awful and as if i was choking on the air.

I woke up in the ER with my Brother in the bed beside me, he also is allergic to Marijuana like my sister, who is only allergic to hemp, which is why she could go on a date before that one without busting out in 'a lung collapsing ER visit' as you put it.

Look, I really don't see the point in me continuing with this conversation. I've never experienced 'the wonders of weed' and never will. You won't be able to sway me to make it legal in a thousand years, unless you can guarantee the safety of every single person who happens to be like me, or even cure the allergy. I could tell you about the other times my brother tried pot with his friends and almost died, but it is harmless to you and I can't change your mind. Iv put what i had to say out there, I am satisfied.

Grei

not the color
Hi Grei, how have you been? :)

I've been pretty good! Being away from this forum has done wonders for my outlook on this place. I can bear it a little more. You?

Look, I really don't see the point in me continuing with this conversation. I've never experienced 'the wonders of weed' and never will. You won't be able to sway me to make it legal in a thousand years, unless you can guarantee the safety of every single person who happens to be like me, or even cure the allergy. I could tell you about the other times my brother tried pot with his friends and almost died, but it is harmless to you and I can't change your mind. Iv put what i had to say out there, I am satisfied.

Look, I really don't see the point in me continuing with this conversation. I've never experienced 'the wonders of peanuts' and never will. You won't be able to sway me to make peanuts legal in a thousand years, unless you can guarantee the safety of every single person who happens to be like me, or even cure the allergy. I could tell you about the other times my brother tried peanuts with his friends and almost died, but it is harmless to you and I can't change your mind. Iv put what i had to say out there, I am satisfied.

I don't understand how you think the peanut argument isn't totally legitimate. You want something to be outlawed because YOU are biased towards it and have an allergy for it. So what? My father can't eat seeds, or they can get caught in something in his stomach, which could result in him dying. My father has to be around us, who eat strawberries and hamburgers with sesame seed buns and other seeded foods.

Another friend of mine has asthma. It's hard for him to be around any sort of fumes, such as cigarette smoke, but also car fumes, perfume, etc.

Should I believe, then, that foods with seeds in them and substances that cause fumes should be outlawed? No, because my father and my friend are just two people. They aren't nearly significant enough to warrant it being outlawed, just like you. If you are allergic to marijuana smoke, avoid it. That's all you can justifiably do.

randomspot555

What makes you so damn special that an entire nation should base its laws around you?

Fawn67

CS Owner and West SL
Only about 10% of people that smoke weed, do it because they have problems. Most people just do it for a thrill. Like riding a roller coaster. You don't ride a roller coaster because you hate everyone, and wish to be dead; you ride it for the thrill and satisfaction.
I woke up in the ER with my Brother in the bed beside me, he also is allergic to Marijuana like my sister, who is only allergic to hemp, which is why she could go on a date before that one without busting out in 'a lung collapsing ER visit' as you put it.

Well, instead of having it just completely illegal; it'd probably be seen the same way as smoking cigarettes. Smoking sections. What makes you think that just anyone would be aloud to smoke it; and it could be anywhere. If they legalize, I expect it to be seen like Alchohol and Tobacco.
I don't smoke it, neither do any of my friends; but I still don't think that just because I wouldn't smoke it, other people shouldn't be able to. Just like same sex marriage. I wouldn't get one because I was born straight. But that doesn't mean that LGBT members shouldn't be aloud too.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Who is "we're fine with marijuana being outlawed?" My advice to people who don't like pot is the same to people who don't like abortions and don't like gay sex. If you don't want to smoke pot, don't smoke pot. If you don't want to date a gay man or a lesbian, then don't date a gay man or a lesbian. And if you don't like abortion, don't get one.

Haha, libertarian right here. People are response for their own actions and you are insensitive about the general well-being of society. Alright, I respect that.

People smoking pot is a different scenario then gay marriage and abortion. Gay marriage doesn't really affect any of us. Abortion does cause deaths but doesn't really affect society again. However if people smoke weed, that has many detrimental effects such as education of the young folk.

Well, instead of having it just completely illegal; it'd probably be seen the same way as smoking cigarettes. Smoking sections.

Yes, because after people finish smoking in those sections they just walk out in public high. That makes society look marvelous, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Mesarin

Haha, libertarian right here. People are response for their own actions and you are insensitive about the general well-being of society. Alright, I respect that.

People smoking pot is a different scenario then gay marriage and abortion. Gay marriage doesn't really affect any of us. Abortion does cause deaths but doesn't really affect society again. However if people smoke weed, that has many detrimental effects such as education of the young folk.

Yes, because after people finish smoking in those sections they just walk out in public high. That makes society look marvelous, doesn't it?

Adding on to that, see marijuana affects us almost like a smoky cloud of some sort..;)
What makes you so damn special that an entire nation should base its laws around you?
If you read his post and put the blunt down for a second, youd know theres tons of others just like him. What do you think he's some kind of prophecy child and afflicting the world, spoiling your fun? Regardless to allergies, some people also just DONT WANNA be around it! All it comes down to.

Last edited:

randomspot555

I'm not "insensitive" about society and all. You, and many others in this thread, make it seem like the choice is either marijuana remains illegal and thus is kept out of society (which is lol to begin with because the War on Drugs has never been successful), or that people will just openly smoke pot in the streets in front of children, blowing smoke in people's faces and being obnoxious about it.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Individual businesses, cities, and states will be able to regulate it in any number of ways. They can pass partial or comprehensive bans similar to what many cities and some states have done. I'd, ideally, see it set up similar to how hookah and cigars are, where there'd be specialty bars (which, by virtue of being bars, would only allow 21+) where marijuana and other smoking products can be purchased and they'd be a significant part of the business plan. Separately, marijuana can also be produced to utilize it's medical benefits.

However if people smoke weed, that has many detrimental effects such as education of the young folk.

I don't see a correlation between smoking pot and education or lack thereof. Pot can be just like any other vice.

People walk out of cigar and hookah bars, and regular bars too...after drinking and smoking. I know *gasp* won't someone think of the children??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

Adding on to that, see marijuana affects us almost like a smoky cloud of some sort..;)

Again, just like with cigaratte smoke, sensible regulations can be established so as not to build up a bunch of smoke in one area.

If you read his post and put the blunt down for a second, youd know theres tons of others just like him. What do you think he's some kind of prophecy child and afflicting the world, spoiling your fun? Regardless to allergies, some people also just DONT WANNA be around it! All it comes down to.

I guess we should ban dogs, cats, and peanuts too, amirite?

I question "tons of others" having an actual allergy as drastic as he has to marijuana. But we've established that there are in fact those that do, but some have rash reactions to other legal products and even living things! So what do they do? They take medicine and they stay aware of their surroundings and take dietary precautions and so on.

Hell, maybe because pot is currently illegal, it might be difficult for medical professionals to create drugs to counter marijuana allergies. If it was a legal product, maybe a drug or antidote could be produced.

I agree. I don't smoke pot. You know what I do? I don't be around it. It's really quite simple. If you don't want to hang around potheads, then don't hang around potheads!

Mesarin

I guess we should ban dogs, cats, and peanuts too, amirite?

I question "tons of others" having an actual allergy as drastic as he has to marijuana. But we've established that there are in fact those that do, but some have rash reactions to other legal products and even living things! So what do they do? They take medicine and they stay aware of their surroundings and take dietary precautions and so on.

I agree. I don't smoke pot. You know what I do? I don't be around it. It's really quite simple. If you don't want to hang around potheads, then don't hang around potheads![/QUOTE]

The problem is here, the ability to "stay away from potheads" will become much more difficult if its legalized. I dont think you can tell me youve never encountered standing near someone at a bus stop or any such public place smoking a cigarette. And the difference is, the scent is much stronger. And theres a difference with all of those. They dont pollute as large a radius that triggers allergy/ offensiveness.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
marijuana isn't even addictive like cigarettes or alchohol... dunno how it would affect our world

Grei

not the color
The problem is here, the ability to "stay away from potheads" will become much more difficult if its legalized. I dont think you can tell me youve never encountered standing near someone at a bus stop or any such public place smoking a cigarette. And the difference is, the scent is much stronger. And theres a difference with all of those. They dont pollute as large a radius that triggers allergy/ offensiveness.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

It's not like, the minute pot is legalized, millions of people will come out and clog the streets with their smoking.

And that last part is incredibly arbitrary. In your opinion, marijuana is more offensive than cigarette smoke, but I disagree. As a vocalist, I find cigarette smoke to be the worst thing in the world. Pot won't coat my lungs and put my future profession in danger, so it's not nearly as offensive to me.

Also, in the future, refrain from trying to offend the other person. Telling randomspot to "put the blunt down" was a crappy way of trying to anger the other person, which is a shitty tactic to use in debating. To avoid looking foolish, cut the crap.

randomspot555

If you're going to quote me and respond, please at least read my post. I clearly refuted the false choice you're giving and even outlined my ideal distribution method.

Mesarin

Is your friend being allergic to peanuts suppose to mean anything? A person allergic to peanuts can be so incredibly sensitive to the particular agent in peanuts that a person eating it next to them or even sitting next to them soon after eating them, pose a serious health risk. So the comparison is quite the same.

And actually the system is broken so yea, lets fix it.

"the system is broken" Pull out the tie dye, picket signs, and weed people. we're back to the 60's

randomspot555

"the system is broken" Pull out the tie dye, picket signs, and weed people. we're back to the 60's

Ironically, it's the scare tactics that were in place when the teens/20 somethings of the 1960s were being raised that likely caused many to experiment with drugs.

Gallup has an excellent article about drug use, and I found this portion on the 60s:

Gallup said:
The 1960s

The 1960s brought us tie-dye, sit-ins and fears of large-scale drug use. Hippies smoked marijuana, kids in ghettos pushed heroin, and Timothy Leary, a Harvard professor, urged the world to try LSD. In popular imagination, the 1960s were the heyday of illegal drug use -- but historical data indicate they probably weren't. In fact, surveys show that drug abuse was comparably rare, as was accurate information about the effects of illegal drugs. In a 1969 Gallup poll, only 4% of American adults said they had tried marijuana. Thirty-four percent said they didn't know the effects of marijuana, but 43% thought it was used by many or some high school kids. In 1972, 60% of Americans thought that marijuana was physically addictive (research shows that it is generally not physically addictive because regular users rarely show physical withdrawal symptoms, but marijuana can be psychologically addictive).

Alana Anderson, a child custody officer, graduated from college in 1969. "My generation was told that marijuana caused acne, blindness, and sterility," she said. "It was a scare tactic rather than an education tactic."

Teens of Anderson's generation were as observant as they are now. They noticed the difference between parental warnings and actual fact. So, many of them stopped believing anti-drug messages in general. "Scare tactics are a big disaster," said Gary De Blasio, executive director of Corner House Counseling Center for Adolescents and Young Adults in Princeton, N.J., "They don't work, especially if you use them on kids who have used drugs."

I really don't get what's so bad about being honest and truthful about raising the next generation to be responsible with drugs, alcohol, and (safe) sex. This whole "no! never! it's bad!" is just clearly not working.

EDIT: So do you have any logical ground to stand on to justify banning marijuana? A small minority being deathly allergic and "I don't like it" are not logical.

Last edited:

Mesarin

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

It's not like, the minute pot is legalized, millions of people will come out and clog the streets with their smoking.

And that last part is incredibly arbitrary. In your opinion, marijuana is more offensive than cigarette smoke, but I disagree. As a vocalist, I find cigarette smoke to be the worst thing in the world. Pot won't coat my lungs and put my future profession in danger, so it's not nearly as offensive to me.

Also, in the future, refrain from trying to offend the other person. Telling randomspot to "put the blunt down" was a crappy way of trying to anger the other person, which is a shitty tactic to use in debating. To avoid looking foolish, cut the crap.

I know many potheads who smoke in close quarters. because its illegal. hence grow ops? Its gonna come out more publicly. but youre using more hyperbole than i sir. and youre being just as arbitrary. Does pot being legal affect my profession is not the debate.

Ironically, it's the scare tactics that were in place when the teens/20 somethings of the 1960s were being raised that likely caused many to experiment with drugs.

Gallup has an excellent article about drug use, and I found this portion on the 60s:

I really don't get what's so bad about being honest and truthful about raising the next generation to be responsible with drugs, alcohol, and (safe) sex. This whole "no! never! it's bad!" is just clearly not working.

EDIT: So do you have any logical ground to stand on to justify banning marijuana? A small minority being deathly allergic and "I don't like it" are not logical.
Its already banned so why waste the time? I mean, im fine with medical prescribed purposes honestly. But there are alot of arrogant people.

Last edited by a moderator: