• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Duuuddee... Pass the blunt...

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The only time marijuana is fine is if the person can be saved from a life of being addicted to it. I don't like seeing more unfortunate people die because they were addicted to crap. Drugs have no right to be legal. Do you honestly want to end up like Anna Nicole Smith or some other celebrity who died of an OD?

Not to mention I don't buy the obsession that some people have with doing drugs. It's bad enough that people in the ghetto are fighting to the death to get drugs. And some of these drug dealers feel like they have no other purpose in life, so they resort to selling drugs. It's not funny to see people killing each other other drugs. Not to mention drug use is a surefire way to risk getting AIDS.

I'm honestly surprised there's still morons who think weed is cool, after years of overly preachy political gadflies like Nancy Reagan drilling it into our heads. Drugs are bad. End of story.

If anything I think this would make people think it's cooler. Since while weed really can't be called "good" for someone it's not really bad either, and to put it on the same scale as serious drugs like heroin and cocaine is laughable.

golduck#1

The only time marijuana is fine is if the person can be saved from a life of being addicted to it. I don't like seeing more unfortunate people die because they were addicted to crap. Drugs have no right to be legal. Do you honestly want to end up like Anna Nicole Smith or some other celebrity who died of an OD?

Not to mention I don't buy the obsession that some people have with doing drugs. It's bad enough that people in the ghetto are fighting to the death to get drugs. And some of these drug dealers feel like they have no other purpose in life, so they resort to selling drugs. It's not funny to see people killing each other other drugs. Not to mention drug use is a surefire way to risk getting AIDS.

I'm honestly surprised there's still morons who think weed is cool, after years of overly preachy political gadflies like Nancy Reagan drilling it into our heads. Drugs are bad. End of story.

You can't even OD from weed. It's actually impossible (well not impossible but the amount you have to smoke makes it impossible). Nobody does weed because they think it makes them cooler. That is honestly wanna of the stupiest arguements ever and it's always brought up. Why would people do it to act cool if everyone is against it? When I smoked I wasn't like "oh everyone at school is gonna think i'm awesome and I'm going to be so popular". Heck you get worse drugs over the counter than what weed does. It's not even addictive. It's just when people smoke excessive amounts and do stuff that requires full concentration is the bad thing.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
You can't even OD from weed. It's actually impossible (well not impossible but the amount you have to smoke makes it impossible). Nobody does weed because they think it makes them cooler. That is honestly wanna of the stupiest arguements ever and it's always brought up. Why would people do it to act cool if everyone is against it? When I smoked I wasn't like "oh everyone at school is gonna think i'm awesome and I'm going to be so popular". Heck you get worse drugs over the counter than what weed does. It's not even addictive. It's just when people smoke excessive amounts and do stuff that requires full concentration is the bad thing.
You're entirely wrong man, look up the amazingathiest on youtube and bobloblaw and they both say they smoked weed in highschool to fit in and be cool. Secondly yes weed is addictive. Thirdly your basis for argument is highly flawed, you using yourself as an example is the general statistic.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
You're entirely wrong man, look up the amazingathiest on youtube and bobloblaw and they both say they smoked weed in highschool to fit in and be cool.
this may be the case for them, but it isn't for a lot of people
Secondly yes weed is addictive.
it really isn't. people can develop a mental dependency on it if they use it frequently enough, but they don't become physiologically addicted to it (like you do with cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, etc). they can stop whenever they want with next to no symptoms other than irritation.
Thirdly your basis for argument is highly flawed, you using yourself as an example is the general statistic.
you did the exact same thing using theamazingatheist and bobloblaw as generalisations of the whole community vOv

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
this may be the case for them, but it isn't for a lot of people

it really isn't. people can develop a mental dependency on it if they use it frequently enough, but they don't become physiologically addicted to it (like you do with cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, etc). they can stop whenever they want with next to no symptoms other than irritation.
you did the exact same thing using theamazingatheist and bobloblaw as generalisations of the whole community vOv

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/marijuana-addictive
Here's a link talking about the addictiveness of marajuana, and the reason I used them as examples is because Golduck said no one thinks that it's used to fit in so just by finding one example I've already defeated his argument.

It can be habitually addicting, meaning it can be easy for one to form a habit out of doing it, but it is not physiologically addicting and that is just a fact. I've seen so many credible sources stating this along with me literally asking my doctors and they all tell me the same thing. Mentally addicting, yes, but not physically addicting. But I suppose one could consider using the term addiction then. But like Sogeking said, to compare marijuana to cocaine, crystal meth, and heroin is laughable since there is such an apparent distinguishable difference.

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana-abuse/marijuana-addictive
Here's a link talking about the addictiveness of marajuana, and the reason I used them as examples is because Golduck said no one thinks that it's used to fit in so just by finding one example I've already defeated his argument.

that link just says exactly what i said, that you can develop a dependency on it which has no real side effects other than irritability. and i think you eill find that Golduck didn't mean "no one" literally, he meant a vast majority

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
that link just says exactly what i said, that you can develop a dependency on it which has no real side effects other than irritability. and i think you eill find that Golduck didn't mean "no one" literally, he meant a vast majority

See but the flaw with that is that your saying there are no problems with weed and the flaw in the logic of not generalizing which we both did, makes it impossible to prove either way

bobjr

Staff member
See but the flaw with that is that your saying there are no problems with weed and the flaw in the logic of not generalizing which we both did, makes it impossible to prove either way

He didn't say that there are no problems with weed, just that the bad things about it really aren't that bad.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
He didn't say that there are no problems with weed, just that the bad things about it really aren't that bad.

But see, anyone can put a spin or say that something is good or bad, it comes down to facts, not opinions

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
But...but....marijuana is bad, mmmkay? Its the leading cause of "who ate all my damn chips?"
...ok i got nothing, theres really nothing bad about it other than the fact that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Cigs and booze are far far worse.
And one can become addicted to pretty much anything. But i dont believe it has any actual addictive properties.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
But...but....marijuana is bad, mmmkay? Its the leading cause of "who ate all my damn chips?"
...ok i got nothing, theres really nothing bad about it other than the fact that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Cigs and booze are far far worse.
And one can become addicted to pretty much anything. But i dont believe it has any actual addictive properties.

For that I refer you back to my and Shinyunbreons heavy debate with ALOT of research on both ends back in December. It will have everything you could want to see and more

bobjr

Staff member
But see, anyone can put a spin or say that something is good or bad, it comes down to facts, not opinions

Well the facts mostly say while it causes lung damage, no more that cigarettes, and it lowers sperm count, which really isn't a severe health risk. It stimulates some parts of the brain while inhibits others while it's used, but it causes no permanent damage. It's really just the same as alcohol, where it's not bad for you if you use it in moderation, so the argument that it should be illegal really is silly.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
Well the facts mostly say while it causes lung damage, no more that cigarettes, and it lowers sperm count, which really isn't a severe health risk. It stimulates some parts of the brain while inhibits others while it's used, but it causes no permanent damage. It's really just the same as alcohol, where it's not bad for you if you use it in moderation, so the argument that it should be illegal really is silly.
It also causes loss of perception, impairment, and memory loss. My full opinion on the drug is that, its not a bad drug, BUT I do not think the negatives outweigh the positives, especially for recreational use. I do however think it should definitely be legalized a medication. If we have already decided its a medicine then why make it a recreational substance? That's like saying we should make pain killers a recreational substance, its not logical.

It also causes loss of perception, impairment, and memory loss. My full opinion on the drug is that, its not a bad drug, BUT I do not think the negatives outweigh the positives, especially for recreational use. I do however think it should definitely be legalized a medication. If we have already decided its a medicine then why make it a recreational substance? That's like saying we should make pain killers a recreational substance, its not logical.

I don't even smoke anymore, but lol. I don't believe there's enough negative long-term effects from smoking it to outweigh the positive effects.

Don't compare marijuana to painkillers. I absolutely hate when people try to compare marijuana to other drugs that are actually both mentally and physically addicting, that people actually destroy their lives over.

Nobody is really trying to say these other harmful drugs (if you abuse them) should be legalized for recreational use. There's a reason why so many people are for marijuana legalization. Everyone knows, even the stubborn people who are against it, that the drug isn't even harmful for the most part.
I know people who have smoked the plant for years, everyday and they go to work everyday, they are able to function and do what a person who doesn't smoke does, if not, even better.
and guess what?! THEY REMEMBER ME AND EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!
You do have pretty extreme short-term memory loss WHEN you are under the effects from it. But the long-term effects aren't severe enough to even come close to destroying your life and relationships.

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
I don't even smoke anymore, but lol. I don't believe there's enough negative long-term effects from smoking it to outweigh the positive effects.

Don't compare marijuana to painkillers. I absolutely hate when people try to compare marijuana to other drugs that are actually both mentally and physically addicting, that people actually destroy their lives over.

Nobody is really trying to say these other harmful drugs (if you abuse them) should be legalized for recreational use. There's a reason why so many people are for marijuana legalization. Everyone knows, even the stubborn people who are against it, that the drug isn't even harmful for the most part.
I know people who have smoked the plant for years, everyday and they go to work everyday, they are able to function and do what a person who doesn't smoke does, if not, even better.
and guess what?! THEY REMEMBER ME AND EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!
You do have pretty extreme short-term memory loss WHEN you are under the effects from it. But the long-term effects aren't severe enough to even come close to destroying your life and relationships.

You read my comment about painkillers wrong, I meant it as a situational comparison, not a direct drug comparison. I chose pain killers from a list of many things I could replaced, such as cough medicine, or allergy pills.

Your second part is also another generalization, this drug especially effects every person in different ways. I actually have a friend who smokes and becomes very violent when he smokes weed and can't remember any of the events that occur during.

bobjr

Staff member
Your second part is also another generalization, this drug especially effects every person in different ways. I actually have a friend who smokes and becomes very violent when he smokes weed and can't remember any of the events that occur during.

Well if it effects a certain individual badly then it should be upon the person to fix their behavior. If something makes them violent they should probably cut back on what makes them violent. There are people who can hardly take a few shots without becoming bad drunk, but that means they should watch out for themselves.

Obviously he, himself shouldn't be smoking weed then.
Does he smoke and drink at the same time ..because honestly I have never heard of a person who becomes violent when smoking weed. It seems to me he must have some sort of issue then. I know that all drugs affect people differently, but for the most part, people smoke weed to relax and calm down. So becoming violent while smoking weed sounds pretty crazy to me. I mean I'll believe it, but it must be a rare thing.

And well I'll be honest.. I can't say that I remember a lot of what the hell I talked about or did when I was high. I know it wasn't important though.. y'know some mcdonalds, and chilling on a couch talking about whatever most likely. I know I didn't kill someone or sold my house though.

Last edited:
The ironic thing is that I see people from the anti-smoking thread supporting Marijuana use here.

I totes agree:)
I don't agree with smokin' tobacco or drinking, so why should I have to agree with marujjana? E-Cigs are labeled as the safer alt. to ciggies but does that stop 'em from killing people by blowing up? Just google e-cigs blowing up. Now, do you really think that drugs can be labeled a safer alt. whatever self proclaimed stoners say?
I couldn't give a flying **** if a bunch of stoners died cos they smoked marujjana, they weren't exactly benefiting the world, were they? Tobbaco and alcohol would probably be illegal too if the government didn't make such a crapload of money off it. So why don't we just keep non-paracetomol style drugs illegal, and stop people from 'just trying it' like many people do with cigs and drink cos there illegal and not as easy to obtain, kay?
I don't want to be flamed. Keep your inner stoner to yourself.
Phew! That took a while!
Love Ya'll
Celebi-Rose

i think if people want to die/ face the health problems thats their problem and their decision, i think that weed should be available nationwide in the corner store for all ages even, i mean can you imagine how much fun kids would have if they're high? maybe theyd stop wasting their time on pokemon and we wouldnt see so many of them in this shitty forum