• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DVD + Player = Problem

Sird

Johto native
Now I have a DVD player installed in my computer am pretty sure it is a DVD player as it's logo is stuck on the player itself. The problem is, it can't read DVD files for whatever reason, it can read VCD, play them, understand that it is a VCD that is inside, but for DVD, it is different, it can't even recognize that there is something in it.

Now I have done over a dozen google searches and have downloaded (and uninstalled) over 5 codecs, and it still won't work. VLC won't work either. No one seems to know what the problem is...

Help?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, so you put a DVD drive in your computer, and it wont read DVDs? O_O

if that's the case the drive is probably defective, try exchanging it. If that doesn't work it's possible that it isn't compatible with your computer.

Sird

Johto native
If it is defective...why does it read VCDs properly? :p

I am using Windows XP SP3 by the way.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What program are you using to try and play the DVDs?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Have tried Windows Media Player 11 ,VLC, PowerDVD, none worked.

Does the DVD even show up in My Computer?

Sird

Johto native
Does any other DVD (i.e. data) get recognized? If not, the drive is defective.

Also the reason why it can play VCD's is because the CD part of the drive still works.

The only DVD it can read is Harry Potter and COS.