• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DW Ability!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
So we are half way through the Unova saga, and to this day no pokemon with the dream world ability have debut in the anime (even the dream world haven't been mention neither) Do you think they will never appear in the anime?

considering how little abilities have been mentioned its hardly surprising.

Lunanight

If they do, it would probably be in a movie or a 2 part episode involving team rocket...or in some Pokemon Chronicles-type thing, like how they showed what Dawn and Brock were doing after leaving Ash. It wouldn't be tied into the anime episodes, but it would be related to the main plot still.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
For one, Hidden Abilities aren't limited to the Dream World. Second, if they do it, it won't be a big deal...they no longer are

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Zen Mode Darmanitan? They're catchable at the Desert Resort!

I really hate it when people unnecessarily use Japanese names, it's annoying and only weeaboos do that however, that's another discussion for another time. Yes, he means Zen-Mode Darmanitan but I agree it does not count. I'm sure Fennel will re-appear and there will be a Dream World arc.

Luthor

I'm sure Fennel will re-appear and there will be a Dream World arc.

yeah i would like a small arc with some dream world captures.What they would be could be anything i some ideas but who knows? then again they might suprise people and have a member of the cast to already have a hidden abilty for example dragonite, krookodile or stunfisk.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
They don't seem to make a big deal about Abilities unless the writers can use it to pull something.

Some Pokemon just might make their way onto the Team with theirs intact.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This. Abilities usually don't play a huge part in the anime, considering how little battles there are compared to episodes.

They don't? Could've sworn I saw 188 episodes revolve around the ability Blaze in the previous series...

What's Krookodile's DW?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't care what anyone else says, I still believe Ash's Oshawott has Shell Armor. I know Shell Armor usually prevents critical hits, but it's about time the writers took creative license.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
They don't? Could've sworn I saw 188 episodes revolve around the ability Blaze in the previous series...

Nice exaggeration there... But really, most of the Pokemon that show up in the show never have their abilities revealed because it's never that important. Chimchar is one exception where the ability became an important part of its history and character development, so Blaze ended up with a large amount of focus.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I thought as an interesting twist for the next season it would be cool if Pikachu somehow swapped abilities to Lightningrod.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Nice exaggeration there... But really, most of the Pokemon that show up in the show never have their abilities revealed because it's never that important. Chimchar is one exception where the ability became an important part of its history and character development, so Blaze ended up with a large amount of focus.

Yeah that's true. I know I'm forgetting some, but I think these are about most of the abilities revealed to have/used:

Static- Ash's Pikachu, Iris's Emolga
Overgrow- Ash's Grovyle, Ash's Torterra?
Blaze- Ash's Chimchar, May's Blaziken
Sturdy- Dento's Dwebble/Crustle, Ash's Boldore
Zen Mode- Darmanitan
Super Luck- Shooti's Tranquill/Paul's Honchkrow
Guts- Paul's Ursaring
Flame Body- Paul's Magmortar
Gluttony- Chili's Pansear

That's all I can remember, but like my point is we've never seen many abilities reveal on the main cast. There may be ways to tell from events, but they've still never been officially revealed. :/

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
You forgot Ash's Boldore. It has Sturdy. And Paul's Froslass has Snow Cloak, while Trip's Frillish has Cursed Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.