• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[DW OU] Two Weather Inducers?

Introduction
So one day, I decided to try out a new team since my main one was getting boring. So I decided to do something gimmicky. A team with two weather inducers just for fun and to screw other weather teams a bit. This is my first time using weather but it's worked out better than I expected although I'm sure it can be better.

At a Glance
051.png
202.png
248.png
645.png
186.png
647.png

Closer Look

051.gif

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw / Reversal

Dugtrio's duty is to trap opposing weather inducers and damage them as much as possible. Earthquake hits Ninetales and Tyranitar for supereffective damage. Stone Edge gives EdgeQuake coverage and is nice. Sucker Punch is to hit faster foes and Shadow Claw is mainly filler but I prefer it over Substitute. I might use Reversal and abuse the sash but I'm not sure about it.

202.gif

Wobbuffet @ Focus Sash
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

This Wobbuffet set isn't normal. I have 252 HP EVs, 252 Speed EVs, and a Jolly Nature. It's designed to take as much damage as possible with a sash to fall back on and hit back hard. Dugtrio won't be OHKOing many Pokémon so Wobbuffet is here to clean up after him. Destiny Bond is great when I can't predict if the foe will be using a Physical or Special move. Encore screws Pokémon that try to stall or set up on it.

248.gif

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Dragon Dance Tyranitar is pretty underrated. With max Speed, it reaches 394 with one boost which isn't too bad. It outspeeds most sweepers and things that aren't scarfed. Plus, it also ups its already high Attack stat to 500+. It's like having Choice Band and Choice Scarf together without being locked into one move. Stone Edge and Crunch are STAB while Fire Punch eliminates Steels such as Scizor and Ferrothorn.

645.gif

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swords Dance

With Life Orb and Sand Force, this guy deals tons of damage. Especially after Swords Dance. EdgeQuake gives good coverage and abuses Sand Force. Hidden Power [Ice] helps me deal with Gliscor which walls the other two moves. Swords Dance boosts his Attack greatly.

186.gif

Politoed @ Life Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis

My rain inducer. Life Orb Hydro Pump in rain is very powerful. More powerful than supereffective Ice Beam (270 Base Power vs 190 Base Power). Ice Beam is a bit of extra coverage and Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn. Hypnosis is useful for putting threats to sleep.

647.gif

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

Keldeo is terrifying in the rain. +1 STAB Surf in Rain with boosted Life Orb Damage OHKO's stuff like 252/252 Scizor. Secret Sword is mostly a Fighting type Psyshock and murders Blissey/Chansey. Hidden Power [Ghost] provides perfect neutral coverage with Secret Sword and prevents Lati@s from walling this set.

Experimenting With

386_s.gif

Deoxys @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-S replaces Dugtrio and is used to set up hazards. Wobbuffet might sometimes be able to trap and kill weather inducers himself which makes Dugtrio unneeded. Taunt stops other Taunts and Spikes which is cool. With some prediction, Magic Coat is really fun to use as it reflects Taunts, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Thunder Wave, and a bunch of other stuff.

149.gif

Dragonite @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunder

Dragonite could replace Keldeo. This guy could work although he is a bit slow. Hurricane hits all the time in rain and has 180 Base Power. It also has 30% chance of confusing which can be helpful. Dragon Pulse is actually the least used move on this set but it's good for killing other Dragons. Surf gets extra power from Rain and Thunder abuses added accuracy (and 30% chance of paralysis). Leftovers is good for recovery and possibly get back to full health but Life Orb makes it hit so much harder. I can't decide which one to use.

Other Notes
• I do realize that most of my team is weak to BoltBeam and it would be further weakened if I were to use Dragonite (Dragonite and Landorus have x4 Ice weaknesses). I'm not sure if I can do much about it but it's just a note.
• I use Rain and Sandstorm because they don't affect each other too much. Rain weakens Fire while Sun weakens Water so that's why I don't use Rain and Sun together. Not that I'll send out a Fire Pokémon while it's raining but whatever.
• Most of my Pokémon have Speed boosting natures. Just something I noticed.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Just saying, the concept of dual weather is generally not as good as many people believe it to be. Essentially this team is 4 pokemon that are setting up a weather which the opponent doesn't want. You also have one pokemon that doesn't work to the optimum extent because it's not in its own weather. You're really relying on one pokemon.

I would get rid of one of either Wobbufett or Dugtrio and make this single weather. Probably sandstorm, although if you prefer using Keldeo then rain would be your choice.

By the way, all this is theory from standard OU. I know nothing of DW OU, but I assume the same essential concepts remain the same.

Vandslaux

Scarf Genesect hurts this team pretty badly. +1 U-turn will seriously dent TTar, Ice Beam gets Landorus, Thunderbolt gets Politoed, Ice Beam gets Dugtrio, and Wobb is only safe against Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, or Ice Beam. Thunderbolt hits Keldeo.