• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!! (1101)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1101.jpg

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!!

Ash & Go have gone back to Galar to watch the finals of the Pokémon World Championships, a competition that determines who is the best at Pokémon battles in the year. In the finals, Lance from Kanto and Leon from Galar face off. Ash & Go are excited waiting for the battle showcasing the Dynamax phenomenon. The battle is against the Red Gyarados Lance caught in Johto and Leon's Gigantamax Charizard. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

TomRC121991

What about Bellsprout?

And what sort of Pokebal that Leon kept Charizard in?
Ultra, Great or Normal Pokeball?

D

Deleted member 384931

Meh, that was a nice episode I guess. Too many explosives, but the normal battle was nice. Strange Eternatus appeared before the two wolves. 7/10

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroPokeFan

God, Daisuke Ono was basically music to my ears. Such great casting for Leon.

Decent introduction to the Dynamax mechanic too. Hopefully it's portrayed better in the anime than what I've seen from the game footage.

Also Ash I believe didn't have any interaction with Lance but the way he was reacting to various moments almost makes me tempted to say he at least still knows Lance compared to what happened with Steven Stone back in Kalos.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Eternatus right out of the goddamn gate.

OK! Wasn't expecting that here! Or for like, another 60+ episodes!

And it appeared before Zacian and Zamazenta, too?

J Bouken

Not gonna lie, I was bored, too.

Raw action doesn't excite me that much. I need to be invested in the characters involved and what's at stake for them, and I did not have that Lance and Leon. The battle itself had a good tempo throughout, and the movies had an impact to them that sold their power, but I did not get a sense of either trainer's strategy or style. There was one instance where Lance used some rocks to block Air Slash while Gyarados was recharging from Hyper Beam, but apart from that, it was just an exchange of powerful attacks. Also, someone explain to me how Aqua Tail can block a Thunder Punch.

Also doesn't help that Lance and Leon's dialogue was incredibly generic. Neither of them had anything interesting to say, at all. Could have stuck two completely unknown dudes down there and it would not have changed a thing.

So, I was meh on the battle. As a set-up for next week it did it's job but on its own, I didn't find it very engaging.