• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!! (1101)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Who says he's not causing disasters? A snorlax gmaxed out of nowhere just because and almost accidentally killed everyone on that train
That isn't really a disaster, it was more an overflow of energy then eternatus appearing and purposely causing destruction. But ig we will see

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only things I like were the Eternatus surprise cameo and TR having a phonedex.

Other than that, it was passable. Wasn't really crazy about the battle sequence to be honest.

Because his only other thing aside from a tacked-on "undefeated champion" thing is him being bad with directions. Not exactly interesting lol.

He also has a Charizard. Who is undefeated as well.

(I'll be a while until I get sick of this joke/meme lol)

diakyu

I thought bellsprout hitting the power spot underground by accident was a creative way to make Dreadnaw gigantamax. I was wondering how they'd do it.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Looking at it a bit closer, the anime did actually cut the "my team" part of the speech. So... yeah the staff realized that that part of it didn't make sense with how this episode portrayed the battle.
Well now, that is quite a nice detail.

Eternatus is tho? Unlike necrozma he wasn't causing destruction due to being mistreated. It is in nature evil and had to be defeated by Zamamzenta and zacian
Not really. Once you catch it Eternatus is about as friendly as any other pokemon. Further, one of its dex entries even outright says that it taking on the Eternamax form and rampaging was due to Rose's meddling (feeding it so many wishing stars) putting it into a state of "power overload" rather than it's own will.

Given the above, it's possible that what happened 10,000 years ago was for a similar reason, Eternatus suffering insanity and power incontinence rather than actually wanting to cause destruction. But back then sealing it up was the most that could be done (unlock in the present, when catching it causes the excess power in it to dissipate across the region).

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Y'know, I could talk about how great it was to see Lance and his Red Gyarados again, how well Leon's character was portrayed, how totally awesome the battle was, or how I loved that they used Team Rocket's meddling as the reason for why Drednaw went Gigantamax...

But you know what? Forget all of that. All that matters is that Leon said "Ora Ora" in this episode and sounded exactly like Star Platinum. Instant 10/10. :)

Edit: Okay, so it wasn’t “Ora Ora,” but it sure as hell sounded like it.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Leon disrespect will not be allowed !
I dunno, I remembered that name the most from the badass character in the Resident Evil series.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Definitely the best episode of PM so far. Wish there were more episodes like these, it seems next episode will be amazingly good too. If PM continued to be like this( next 3 episodes seem to be a bore, hopefully they're not) , PM would've been at least on AG level.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The episode is focused on Leon vs Lance and it's cool to see a full episode of them battling, even if they aren't the main characters.

About the Gigantamax/Dynamax battling I wondered if the other regions outside of Galar would be retconned, I mean in terms of gym/stadium format size. I'm curious to see the gimmick in other regions with the infrastructure to support it.

Also I would like to see the bout with the past gimmicks as well like they did with Misty & Brock 1st cameos in SM.

I see that Leon is expressive, more than Lance, although I can't say it more because I haven't played the game yet. Also, I'm used to a character under the same name from another franchise so I might be biased towards him. Still, I would like to see more of him in the future episodes.

Team Rocket accidentaly triggering Drednaw into Gigantamax reminded me of XY002 where Prof Sycamore's Garchomp went on a rampage because of TRio. Ash is probably going to calm that Drednaw and risk his life like what he did in XY002 again, who knows.

Good episode, thanks to the cool animations from Gyarados & Charizard. And it is a 2 parter because the episode ends when Drednaw started the rampage.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I like Leon so this episode is straight in the top 3 episodes of the series. Though to get the full package of him we need Hop to appear and see how they interact.

Don't care which champion won at the end.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Chiba Susumu, original voice actor of Wataru reprised his role in this episode.
I wonder if the dub will get his VA too, though I doubt it, since he last appeared when 4kids was in charge

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
THIS BATTLE WAS AWESOME! This my favorite episode of this series so far. the Eternatus cameo at start was amazing! and the game quotes by champions and the game soundtrack. One of the best 1vs1 pokemon battles ever. Looks like the next episode will be great too.

Edit. Wow they actually referenced Lance's uniform looking line Galar's dragon gym one

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The episode is focused on Leon vs Lance and it's cool to see a full episode of them battling, even if they aren't the main characters.

About the Gigantamax/Dynamax battling I wondered if the other regions outside of Galar would be retconned, I mean in terms of gym/stadium format size. I'm curious to see the gimmick in other regions with the infrastructure to support it.
They'd have to retcon more than the gym/stadium size to make it work, since currently at least the lore is that Eternatus' leaking energy is only enough to effect the Galar region and create Power Spots and thus Dynamaxing only happens there.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So apparently the World Championships was an eight-man tournament? I'm going to assume they're referencing the eight regions.

But who was the Alola representative? Was there even an Alola representative at all (they could've used Drake, I guess). Or possibly an anime-only region we'll never see (again, like Drake) or maybe even the Gen IX region?

Cradily17

Well. This episode was pretty neat. Getting to see Lance face off against Leon in an intense battle was cool, but my favorite part of the episode was when Team Rocket got Bellsprout at random and attempted to defeat Drednaw and catch it, only to make it Dynamax instead. I predict that Ash will face Leon and and win with his own Dragonite to avenge Lance's defeat. At first I thought this series was boring, but it's been a lot better since Ash caught Dragonite. Still not as good as the Sun and Moon saga yet, though.

Red and Blue

Well. This episode was pretty neat. Getting to see Lance face off against Leon in an intense battle was cool, but my favorite part of the episode was when Team Rocket got Bellsprout at random and attempted to defeat Drednaw and catch it, only to make it Dynamax instead. I predict that Ash will face Leon and and win with his own Dragonite to avenge Lance's defeat. At first I thought this series was boring, but it's been a lot better since Ash caught Dragonite. Still not as good as the Sun and Moon saga yet, though.
It's been confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu against Leon not Dragonite

Unless you mean their match in the future

Cradily17

Lance, the second best champion, losing to the utterly worst champion ever conceived was just pure crap. Even if it was obvious it'd happen, in reality Lance would be destroying Leon not the other way around. God I can't wait for Ash to kick Leon's ass, I never liked that guy.

Eternatus before Sobble, Grookey, and the wolves? Wut
Between Wailord and Bellsprout, the Gacha machine is becoming a bit bearable but it'd be nice if the TRio get to capture Galar Pokemon of their own like Polteageist, Sandaconda, and Cramorant.
The TRio have a smartphone? That's cool but where did it come from? Kinda prefer James' cards...
So Drednaw is indeed wild, not the gacha Pokemon, great! Maybe Ash stands a chance at capturing it in the next episode

No team changes for Go, absolutely none. Awesome! Hopefully this is the first of many episodes that happens in, his captures contribute absolutely ****ing nothing to the plot and just waste valuable time.

For once the pros outweighed the cons, but still a 7/10. Leon sucks, Lance rules
I'm not really a fan of Leon, but at least he isn't as forgettable as Diantha.

It's been confirmed that Ash is using Pikachu against Leon not Dragonite

Unless you mean their match in the future
Oh. I didn't know that. But regardless of when it happens, I can definitely see Ash winning against Leon with Dragonite in the future.