• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!! (1101)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also, it is SCARILY easy to unleash enough Galar particles to trigger dynamax. How is Galar not a smoking crater?
We just saw a 200-pound bladed penguin of steel smash into its trainer, and its trainer didn't get a single cut despite being shirtless.

Mortality rate is somehow an all-time low in this universe.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
We just saw a 200-pound bladed penguin of steel smash into its trainer, and its trainer didn't get a single cut despite being shirtless.

Mortality rate is somehow an all-time high in this universe.
Papa Kukui is immortal, so that doesn't really count though :p

It's the average person that needs to watch out, and I'm glad the Galar League was smart enough to put in protective fields, unlike the Alola league
EQbdVWyWkAInVxT.jpg

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
>Go: I'll catch plenty of pokemon while I'm at it
>Also Go: *catches nothing this episode* (Which makes this the first episode since SS005, which was also a Galar episode where no changes to his collection was made).
Well, he was going to catch stuff but Satoshi dragged him right into the stadium before he could. If that hadn't happened, I imagine that Kajirigame at the end would be his by now.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Does this mean Ash indirectly tried to stop the main plot.
He heard the complaints that Go has been outshining him too much up till now and so he was all "NO! This arc is mine! You've gotten to make tangible progress in literally every episode since episode 5, you can stand to sit this one out!"

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Well, he was going to catch stuff but Ash dragged him right into the stadium before he could. If that hadn't happened, I imagine that Drednaw at the end would be his by now.
I know he was intending to catch stuff since that's his goal, and I'm sure he wouldn't have minded missing the match that he was given a ticket for to advance said goal.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I know he was intending to catch stuff since that's his goal, and I'm sure he wouldn't have minded missing the match that he was given a ticket for to advance said goal.

Maybe if Episode 7 hadn’t happened, but since he discovered how fun battles can be, I think he was much more willing to stay (once Ash dragged him, of course).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
World championship, presumably featuring champions from the 8 regions that appeared in the anime so far (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar), or every region in the world including the ones we haven't seen. Lance is the most iconic champion, because he's gen 1, but I would say Cynthia from Sinnoh is the strongest champion I've seen so far.

Ash is the only Alola champion and yet he didn't know or wasn't invited. Says a lot about what the world championship committee thinks of the Alola league. I wonder if this is the anime hinting to us that even they think Alola is a joke and that Ash is not at the same level as the other champions.
It was literally Alola's first League. The invitations to this tournament likely went out months before Alola had any semblance of a League.

Mortality rate is somehow an all-time high in this universe.
Uh, don't you mean low? All-time high means people are dying left and right.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
That begs to ask, where the hell did they get that kind of technology?

Probably through biological engineering. I mean, when think about it, a lot of the Pokémon world’s fantastical technology can be traced back to the Pokémon themselves, like how warp panels probably work similarly to how Psychic-types teleport. Perhaps this force field was based on Aegislash’s King’s Shield or something.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Maybe if Episode 7 hadn’t happened, but since he discovered how fun battles can be, I think he was much more willing to stay (once Ash dragged him, of course).
Ah yes, the false branded Battle Frontier challenge episode. In any case, Go acknowledged his goal first, but wasn't aware that he could miss some of the match if he did catch stuff beforehand. He enjoyed the battle nonetheless

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Probably through biological engineering. I mean, when think about it, a lot of the Pokémon world’s fantastical technology can be traced back to the Pokémon themselves, like how warp panels probably work similarly to how Psychic-types teleport. Perhaps this force field was based on Aegislash’s King’s Shield or something.
And now the question is, how did they make such technology? This is usually villain-level of evil technology (in this universe).

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Ash is the only Alola champion and yet he didn't know or wasn't invited. Says a lot about what the world championship committee thinks of the Alola league. I wonder if this is the anime hinting to us that even they think Alola is a joke and that Ash is not at the same level as the other champions.
Because it wasn’t centered around Satoshi’s story. He only had Pikachu so he would have probably lost anyway. Besides the point there was never any specification of who the champions were and what regions they came from since obviously more than eight exist. Plus Alola’s League is still brand-new. No there are no conspiracies among the writers to downplay the Alola League as mattering less than any other league, if that was the case they wouldn’t have hyped it up so much in the first place. PM2019 is still self-contained for the most part anyway.

Last edited:

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
If anything, I'd say the other two slots for "Masters 8" comprised of Wallace and a wildcard slot, selected from the other region's elite 4s.

On another note (I do love finding weird similarities, as mundane as it may sound), but I found another similarity to DP185:
- Both episodes feature the sparkling effect when the shiny pokemon are released from their pokeball, but both episodes feature the use of the move Thunderpunch, a move which struck both shiny pokemon during the two battles, the difference being that Ash's was defeated whilst Lance's continued to fight.
- On that tangent, this isn't the first time a shiny Gyarados was struck by Thunderpunch from a Charizard, XY had that as well.

CupidKirby

I'm starting to think that the anime making all the pokedex voices except for Ash's as obnoxious as heck is them getting back at the fans for complaining about Ash using his pokedex on Pokemon he already knows too much.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm starting to think that the anime making all the pokedex voices except for Ash's as obnoxious as heck is them getting back at the fans for complaining about Ash using his pokedex on Pokemon he already knows too much.
Only Go’s Rotom Smartphone sucks, only because it’s a screaming gaijin. The constant Pokémon GO shilling via “Nice, Great, Excellent!” TRio’s is pretty cute and seems to be kind of meme-ish (etc...etc...). Sounds a lot like Pikachu actually. Satoshi’s sounds basic for the most part.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Only Go’s Rotom phone sucks, only because it’s a screaming gaijin. The constant Pokémon GO shilling via “Nice, Great, Excellent!” TR’s is pretty cute and seems to be kind of meme-ish (etc...etc...). Sounds a lot like Pikachu actually. Ash’s sounds basic for the most part.
Yeah, Go's saying "Nice, Excellent, etc." is cringy as frick, and I agree with Ash's being the most bearable, y'know like a normal pokedex should be.