• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!! (1101)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's kind of funny anime!Diantha didn't have that much of a stellar episode and she was literally the last anime!Champion we saw before these two guys fought and occupied almost the whole episode for themselves without Ash mucking things up (until the next episode).

Soniman

Break the Limit
The composer for this series really butchers the game soundtrack remixes
I though the remixes were great but I know how down people on here are when it comes to his music so *shrug *

I'm actually in complete shock they kept in that Lance is GMan since I thought that was wiped from Canon. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. Anime has been picking up since Dragonite

Fairy King

I liked the Eternatus cameo. Hopefully foreshadowing a good, long rich arc for the Galar region. This ep was fine, and much better than most of what came before. It really makes me wish that we were in Galar full time and region hopping on the side. It's funny to me that this tournament would be hyped and billed as the biggest tournament in the world to determine the best in the world and the final match was a 1v1 that lasted like 5 mins. Those tickets would have to be exorbitantly expensive and people would be traveling from all over to see it so I would think they would want it to be a good show.

Last edited:

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I liked the Eternatus cameo. Hopefully foreshadowing a good, long rich arc for the Galar region. This ep was fine, and much better than most of what came before. It really makes me wish that we were in Galar full time and region hopping on the side. It's funny to me that this tournament would be hyped and billed as the biggest tournament in the world to determine the best in the world and it was a 1v1 that lasted like 5 mins. Those tickets would have to be exorbitantly expensive and people would be traveling from all over to see it so I would think they would want it to be a good show.

Well, it was the finals of the tournament; the entire tournament wasn't just that match.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Definitely a very enjoyable episode in my book; kind of surprised they introduced Eternatus this early in the series, especially for a final boss pokemon.

Fairy King

Well, it was the finals of the tournament; the entire tournament wasn't just that match.
Exactly, this would be the big finale to this massive tournament. It would be the match people were most excited to see. Even if the entire tournament had been 1v1 you would think the finals would be more. I'm not against what was shown or anything and I get the constraints of what they had to do for the show. I just think its amusing to think about when you equivocate what this would look like in the real world. It would be the only thing most people were talking about for weeks.

BlueDragonfangirl

I really enjoyed it and hope this leads to something good in the future for Ash hint hint his new goal. I liked the animation a lot but hate that it ended on a to be continued type, with Team Rocket? Oh well, it's nice seeing them again.

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Wasn't expecting the Eternatus cameo but I was plesently surprised by that one. Galar will probably have a primary focus at some point and then I'll see Sword doggo with all its anime glory. *I guess shield doggo too >.>* As for the battle I have several questions and comments:

1. Not gonna lie, I thought about Cynthia and why she wasn't in the finals.
2. Why only a 1v1? I get why. It's case the animators didn't wanna waste time on a full on battle like this. At the same time though, this is the finals of the World Championship and it's only settled with a 1v1? I don't like that.
3. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" *Yuya's theme plays* For those of you who've watched Arc-V. You feel my pain.
4. Why Gyarados? Like I get why, it's because of the type match up. It's stated that Lance researched Leon so it's semi understandable. But by that logic, he should've known about thunder punch.
5. The battle pre-Dynamax was actually really good. The battle post dynamax was not really good. Then again I've always thought of Dynamax battles as kinda shallow anyway. *Hot Take*
6. Lance used to train at the Dragon gym in galar? Huh that's pretty interesting.
7. One has to wonder why Pokemon don't randomly dynamax from time to time. Like TR messed with that Dreadnaw but it could've just as easily happened at a territorial dispute or something.

Episode was good. Entertaining fight, unexpected lore appreciated, and questions pondered. 8/10

Animac

Both Lance and Leon dialogues Pre and Post battle were based on their games counterpart:
Lance(Pre-Battle):
I’ve been waiting for you. <Player>! I knew that you, with your skills, would eventually reach me here. There's no need for words now. We will battle to determine who is the stronger of the two of us. As the most powerful trainer and as the Pokémon League Champion… I, Lance the dragon master, accept your challenge!
Lance (Post-Battle):
"…It's over. But it's an odd feeling. I’m not angry that I lost. In fact, I feel happy. Happy that I witnessed the rise of a great new Champion!

Leon lines have already been discused. They even used his line when he lands a super efective move.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My favorite episode of PM/SS easily (mainly because it’s the first one that I actually care about lol)

Ash oppressed the memories of Charizard using Thunder Punch so ofc he was shocked to see it

I don’t understand the distaste for Leon. He’s my second favorite Champion after Cynthia for how much human he seems compared to previous Champions. And while I don’t like Lance them that much, it was nice to see him again.

10/10
Eternatus is tho? Unlike necrozma he wasn't causing destruction due to being mistreated. It is in nature evil and had to be defeated by Zamamzenta and zacian
Eternatus is in the exact same place as Necrozma: having the main antagonist use their natural radiation of the energy that the game’s battle gimmick uses. It’s not evil.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My favorite episode of PM/SS easily (mainly because it’s the first one that I actually care about lol)

Ash oppressed the memories of Charizard using Thunder Punch so ofc he was shocked to see it

I don’t understand the distaste for Leon. He’s my second favorite Champion after Cynthia for how much human he seems compared to previous Champions. And while I don’t like Lance them that much, it was nice to see him again.

10/10
That Charizard traumatized him so much that he lacked any emotional response when he lost in the finals.

Also i agree about Leon, i don't think hes that bad. Diantha was definitely worse

game3524

5. The battle pre-Dynamax was actually really good. The battle post dynamax was not really good. Then again I've always thought of Dynamax battles as kinda shallow anyway. *Hot Take*

Not a hot take, it is a poor gimmick.

The initial fight between Charizard and Gyarados was great. But the dynamax portion of it was boring (granted, I liked Charizard's hellfire). Anyway, it was a decent episode. The unexpected lore at the end and Lance's list of accomplishments makes it a worthwhile episode. Now I am really interested see what they do with Ash. I have said before that I don't think he will take on the Galar League and now I am pretty certain he won't. I think it is going to be like Alola with Kukui. Ash wins some type of tournament (maybe this Kanto Elite Four Cup) and takes on Leon in an exhibition match at the end of the series.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I was worried that the Dynamax Pokemon would be too big and clunky to move around well like they are in the games, but I think this episode did a pretty solid job at portraying them as actual threats. Also, the music was perfect.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
7. One has to wonder why Pokemon don't randomly dynamax from time to time. Like TR messed with that Dreadnaw but it could've just as easily happened at a territorial dispute or something.
In the games it's because they usually can't. That is they can only Dynamax at Power Spots, and the people of Galar have technology to detect those spots and have already mapped them all out (building gym stadiums on top of a number of them). In the anime it seems there are still regular Power Spots but that Dynamax energy also erupts at random at times (perhaps because Eternatus is roaming about).

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
In the games it's because they usually can't. That is they can only Dynamax at Power Spots, and the people of Galar have technology to detect those spots and have already mapped them all out (building gym stadiums on top of a number of them). In the anime it seems there are still regular Power Spots but that Dynamax energy also erupts at random at times (perhaps because Eternatus is roaming about).

Well, it’s either that, or Wyndon Stadium’s Power Spot is just bigger than we thought. I mean, Drednaw was pretty close to the stadium anyway; it could’ve just been the Power Spot.

Jibanyan

Ngl I'm not a fan of the Galar shilling, not just Lance losing to Leon but then Lance says his outfit is inspired in the dragon uniform, okaaayyy?? Lance from a clan of dragon masters, inspired by some dumb sport uniform? Not to mention dynamax is nowhere as cool as megas or even z-moves but besides that the battle was cool and Eternatus was nice.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Ngl I'm not a fan of the Galar shilling, not just Lance losing to Leon but then Lance says his outfit is inspired in the dragon uniform, okaaayyy?? Lance from a clan of dragon masters, inspired by some dumb sport uniform? Not to mention dynamax is nowhere as cool as megas or even z-moves but besides that the battle was cool and Eternatus was nice.
Keep in mind though that the Galar pokemon league has a long history too, and so may the uniforms.