• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dynamax Battle! Leon, The Greatest of Them All!! (1101)

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Might be more just a acknowledement of how different the Elite Four worked in the first generation, i.e. there was just an Elite Four and anyone who beat them was simply declared a league champion but played no further role. The Let's Go games even explain it away by noting that the Indigo League will function differently from now on in having a actual standing Champion for trainers to fight after the Elite Four (and Lance becomes this Champion in the gen 2 games), that this is some kind of recent decision by the powers that be.

So it's possible that whoever beats Lance in Kanto Champion League or Kanto E4 Cup becomes the Kanto Champion?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The SM meme faces weren't that cringy, they simply added to the comedic style SM was aiming for. It was merely something to get used to after the first couple of times.
For me it's cringey and I didn't get used to it. Comedy in SM really dropped the ball, IMO. Comedy in SM(except Bewear comedy) really felt aimed towards toddlers.

J. D. Guy

Now I can agree they kind of focused on his unbeatable status and his sense of direction more than they did building up the other, in my opinion, more interesting aspects of his character (which would have made for one hell of a story arc had they focused on that a bit), but I definitely wouldn't say he's one note.

An aside, but this was likely done because it was more relevant to the contents of the main game. Specifically, it was more relevant to Hop's character arc in the story. It makes perfect sense in that case.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
For me it's cringy and I didn't get used to it. Comedy in SM really dropped the ball, IMO. Comedy in SM (except Bewear comedy) really felt aimed towards toddlers.
Different strokes for different blokes I guess. For me, the Bewear stuff got old fairly quickly.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wonder how long it'll take for Leon to be flanderized into an idiot who gets lost all the time
You'll be surprised how they may avoid that aspect of him altogether. Judging the number of episodes so far, I don't think there's enough time for him to display that silly trait of his.

Sometimes, when something can be outright exploited, OLM simply looks the other way of the treasure chest.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He would have giggled uncontrollably if it had been a LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK.

Giovanni: Are you telling that besides being a rock and besides being giant, it's legendary too? That changed my life forever!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Different strokes for different blokes I guess. For me, the Bewear stuff got old fairly quickly.
I expected it to get old, but throughout the series they kept pulling that gag in more and more absurd ways which pretty much always kept it fresh in some way or another; Running on water, the Kiterugumacycle, jumping off a plane to grab Team Rocket in Kanto, "iya na kan--" "KIIIIIIIII!!!!!", the recurring gag of the dummies in the Ula'Ula arc, Nuikoguma showing up in various random ways after it was introduced, the greatest battle of all time in episode 114, the entirety of the "Matori comes to Alola" episode... I mean Kiteruguma wasn't always funny, but she was certainly funny often enough.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
An aside, but this was likely done because it was more relevant to the contents of the main game. Specifically, it was more relevant to Hop's character arc in the story. It makes perfect sense in that case.
How does Leon’s sense of direction relate to Hop’s character arc?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
And Pokemon anime is aimed towards....adults? Lmao

It is primarily a show for CHILDREN. Y'all just have to deal with it.
Read what I say: TODDLERS
You do understand that toddler is, as Iris would say "littlier" than children, right?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I expected it to get old, but throughout the series they kept pulling that gag in more and more absurd ways which pretty much always kept it fresh in some way or another; Running on water, the Bewear-bike, jumping off a plane to grab Team Rocket in Kanto, "iya na kan--" "KIIIIIIIII!!!!!", the recurring gag of the dummies in the Ula'Ula arc, Stufful showing up in various random ways after it was introduced, the greatest battle of all time in episode 114, the entirety of the "Matori comes to Alola" episode... I mean Bewear wasn't always funny, but she was certainly funny often enough.
I'm not denying the Bewear stuff was absurd, but most of the times it showed up I was like "What the frick?!" in a confused way. Though I will say her appearance in Kanto was a massive red line for me tbph.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm sure someone's mentioned this by now, but I LOVE that they finally show walls of energy protecting the audience from stray attacks. That's been bothering me for two decades now haha. You could say it's just a facet of Power Spots but I hope it's something they keep from here on out, even beyond Sword and Shield if they can incorporate it in some way.
Yeah, it started getting absolutely ridiculous when Kiawe Z Inferno Overdrived a stadium full of people (including many people in the battlefield) and only that one Metgaross got hurt

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Y'know, I could talk about how great it was to see Lance and his Red Gyarados again, how well Leon's character was portrayed, how totally awesome the battle was, or how I loved that they used Team Rocket's meddling as the reason for why Drednaw went Gigantamax...

But you know what? Forget all of that. All that matters is that Leon said "ora ora" in this episode and sounded exactly like Star Platinum. Instant 10/10. :)
Subtitles:"Shake it off, Lizardon!
Fire Spin!".
Japanese:"Ora ora!".
he actually said Hono no Uzu, but it sounded like he said Ora ora.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I wasn't that into Leon and Lance's battle until they started dynamaxing and then I got pretty excited. I also think Charizard's dynamax form looked really good in the anime.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Why do people have such a problem with SM faces lol. They can be hilarious and weren't as frequent as they are exaggerated to be. Plus yeah it could be good humor. Sure for some it was cringy but that doesn't mean it's for toddlers. Many people on twitter enjoyed those meme faces and made posts about them. Idk why people have such a problem with childish comedy.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Why do people have such a problem with SM faces lol. They can be hilarious and weren't as frequent as they are exaggerated to be. Plus yeah it could be good humor. Sure for some it was cringy but that doesn't mean it's for toddlers. Many people on twitter enjoyed those meme faces and made posts about them. Idk why people have such a problem with childish comedy.
I think it's hard for people to accept that Pokemon anime is a show aimed primarily towards children, and SM faces just remind them of that fact. Hence the intense dislike for them. People who can accept the anime for what it is will enjoy the faces just fine.