• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E-Connect [PG?]

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I created this RPG on another forum and it was very fun indeed! Unfortunately, that one died, but hopefully it'll do better here... If you like RPG's about internet-based creatures, kind of like Digimon or Neopets, this is the RPG for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Zaniac, who was always considered a mad scientist and a computer freak, worked at his computer and lab for at least sixteen hours a day, determined to invent something that could make him millions of dollars. Many of his projects, which included a dream interpreter, a flying scooter, and a device that can teleport people to certain places, all failed and resulted in worthless chemical waste that took up landfill space... Still, he would not give up trying to create a masterpiece...

Finally, the day came when he finally created something he thought was worthwile--it was sort of a game, where users could create creatures that were like internet warriors and defeat bad guys on the internet, especially the new viruses that kept breaking out in computers all over the planet. These viruses and worms could break through any firewall and anti-virus system and instantly shut down any computer they chose, permanently deleting its information and preventing it from working anymore... These viruses were called the "Independent Killers", because they seemed to have minds of their own and even some form of artificial intelligence, like aliens from a foreign planet that tried to destroy the earthlings. Unfortunately, the creator of these viruses was completely unknown, so the police couldn't arrest him/her...

Anyways, Dr. Zaniac called his internet creatures "Virus Busters" and specially programmed them to obey their creator and have certain weapons and powers that they would use to fight these viruses, which also resembled creatures. The users could talk to the creatures and other users by instant messaging.

To test his program out, Dr. Zaniac e-mailed a small group of potential people from all over the planet that could help protect the world from the Independent Killers. His message was:
"Dear (name),
Congratulations! You have been specially chosen to test out my new program called E-Connect. It is a program where you create your own internet creature, sort of like having a virtual pet. But, these creatures, called the Virus Busters, are designed to stop the Independent Killers, dangerous viruses that roam the internet nowadays. If you accept, click here to start your journey; I will guide you through the next few steps but after that you are on your own...

Good luck,
Dr. Zaniac"

Can the users of E-Connect stop the Independent Killers and find out who created them? Can they stay on the computer enough to participate (not get distracted by the events of the real world)? The internet will soon find out...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, here's the signup:

User:
Name:
Appearance: Picture or description is fine.
Personality:
Bio: You can also include experiences with the Independent Killers if applicable... That would make it more interesting. The bio doesn't have to be that long--five or six sentences is OK.

Virus Buster:
Name:
Appearance: Doesn't have to be human... it can look like an animal, monster, robot... whatever you want. Again, picture or description is fine.
Personality: Doesn't have to match the user's personality...
Weapons: 0-3 please
Abilities: Don't make your creature all-powerful in this area...

Note: You can make your posts more interesting by posting what happens outside the computer occasionally... just make sure every post has at least part of it take place inside the computer...
Another Note: For instant-message conversations between users and Virus Busters, you may post the conversations in script format, as if you were actually IM-ing someone. However, anything else must be in paragraphs and follow the standard rules of the Adventure Arena...
Here's an example of what a post might be like:

Joe: I think you should fight him!
Claws: I think so too.
Joe: *thinks a moment* Ummm, do you have any info on the enemy?
Claws: No... :(
I wish I had ESP... Claws thought, clicking his pincers nervously. I'm really getting worried here...
As Claws was thinking, the monster attacked with a laser beam, knocking Claws unconscious. Claws couldn't move. Joe panicked when this happened...
"Joe! Dinner time!" This call from Joe's mother made Joe suddenly aware that the real world was still there.
"I'm coming..." Joe answered, sounding annoyed. Before getting up, he clicked in the Item Window on the computer and used a Revival Medicine to return Claws to full health. Then he quickly typed something in the instant-message window:
Joe: Claws, Mom just called me for dinner... You'll have to fight the monster alone.
Claws: Aww man... But hey, thanks for the pick-up!
"Hey lobster boy!" said the monster on the screen to Claws as Joe walked away. "Why not just quit before I make lobster bisque out of you?"

And so on.

**I will let you sign up first. I will decide on a character after there are enough people to start this RPG.

~Alexis Laistenna~

<Aren't I cute?
Heheh... Me joinie!

User:
Name: Valentine
Appearance: Valentine is 6'00" tall. She has waist-length brown hair and dark blue eyes. She wears a black-and-white vest with an anchor on, and a black skirt. In her hair is a hairclip in the shape of a snowball. She wears high heeled boots.
Personality: Valentine is quite clever, achieving high grades and never getting lower than a B+. She has a strong sense of justice, and so will always intervene with wrong-doers. She always thinks before doing, but is very shy, and so only emerges from her emotional shell if someone is being cruel.
Bio: Valentine grew up in a well-respected city. She achieved good grades in her final tests, and then moved around the country, helping as a student teacher for a small while, before going to university. She was having a good life, until the Independent Killers struck. They messed up all the software in the plugged-in computers, but she had just received an e-mail from a certain Dr. Zaniac. She uploaded Bubbles's software, and got away from the building before the control computer sent out the self-destruct signal.

Virus Buster:
Name: Bubbles
Appearance:A picture of her with her hands up to her head. And another two piccies.
Personality: Bubbles is a very insecure soul, prone to crying and at the end of her sentences saying, "drip", all the time. She is as clever as her operator, however, so she knows a lot more than she thinks she does. She only feels confident around water, and as such, has become a powerful swimmer. Bubbles is trying to gain confidence, as the story goes on.
Weapons: Bubbles has an Aqua Hose, out of which she can fire a super-powerful jet of water. She also has a Bubble Shooter, which she uses to fire bubbles that temporarily paralyze the enemy.
Abilities: Bubbles has control over water and ice. She also has developing psychic powers.

Gentleman Skeleton

User:
Name: Otto Hansen
Appearance: He's about 6'6", slight muscular build. His hair is dark brown and slicked back. He usually wears a brown business suit. He has a laptop case strapped to his shoulder.
Personality: Kind, caring, strategizing but reckless, ruthless, and kind of a playboy
Bio: Born an only child into an extremely wealthy Austrian family, Otto could get whatever he wanted, but none of that made him happy. His friends were basically chosen for him by his father, most decisions a kid usually has to make were made by his mother. He always wanted to do things his way, but his family would never let him. Finally, when he turned 18, he was given the first part of his inheritance and he finally had some independence. He was given the E-Connect program in a strange email by a man he had never met, talking about strange creatures called Independent Killers and Virus Busters. Otto thinks it's all a game, but a game worth playing.

Virus Buster:
Name: Blades
Appearance: Blades is a knight, simply put. He wears elaborate silver armor, and has a helmet with western european dragons carved into it. He has several swords on his back. On his chest is the Hansen family crest. He also wears a crimson cape.
Personality: He's kind of a jerk. He thinks weak Virus Busters are as bad as Independent Killers. However, that does not mean he is any less loyal to Otto and to anyone he calls his ally.
Weapons: Multiple swords, Sheild, his Fists
Abilities:
Wind Blades:
Slices through the air with his blades and causes critical damage to enemies

Nobleman Shield:
Uses shield to either protect himself or an ally. Reflects damage back at enemy, or amplifies ally attacks toward an enemy.

Stonehenge V 1.0
Unknown as of now.

Last edited:

Old_Soul

Pokemon Herder
User:
Name:Logan Bailey
Appearance: Logan is 6'3" and lean with thin shoulders. His dirty blonde hair is long and messy, getting in his amber-colored eyes often. He usually wears a black t-shirt and blue jeans.
Personality: Logan is easy-going and relaxed. He takes life in stride and is pretty level-headed. He has a slap-stick sense of humor and is easy to get along with. He usually doesn't take things seriously though, and that can get on people's nerves. However, if you go against his principles or work against him, he'll give it his all to fight against you, although he won't be that mad.
Bio: Logan has gone through most of his life pretty uneventfully. He runs track in every season and he's alright at it, but he doesn't take it too seriously and just does it for fun. He also reads a lot, and his favorite genres are history, fantasy, and science fiction. His favorite pastime, however, is video games. He has been a gamer his whole life and enjoys all types of games. He is studying to be a video game designer now. The main reason for this is because he wants to do something fun as his job. However, Independent Killers have been destroying a lot of his work. When he got an email from Dr. Zaniac, he was more than ready to start in the fight.

Virus Buster:
Name: Enhance
Appearance: Enhance is a cloud of biomatter and electricity. He floats and is a mixture of pale greens, browns, and grey that is translucent. His matter form is most like light or fire.
Personality: Enhance is very senstive to the emotions of others and therefore very compassionatie. He prefers helping other to hurting them. He easily grows attached to others.
Abilities: Enhance can seep into people. Thier conciousnesses merge although their personalities stay separate. Enhance has no control over their body, but he does improve their senses, strength, agility, and endurance, along with strengthening their powers.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
can i reserve a spot too please? i'll have it done by tomorow i promise.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Alexis: Accepted. Bubbles is cute ^^

Dragonic Man: Accepted. A ninja huh? Interesting...

Old Soul: Accepted. Interesting characters you have there.

Crystal Zephyr: Reserved. I look forward to seeing your signup ^_^

I will probably start this RPG tonight, but signups are still open and still will be for a while after the RPG starts. Signups will be closed when either we advance further into the RPG or there are nine people in this RPG (including me). Kyuu no chikara!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Signup:

User:
Name: Gon Monokai
Appearance: Gon is about 5'4" tall. He has black hair that is almost long enough to touch his shoulders and is kind of the opposite of shiny. His eyes are dark--the colour is not certain though. He also wears glasses. Also, he wears a black T-shirt with a phoenix on it, baggy jeans that are torn at the knees, and black sandals.
Personality: At the sign of danger, Gon just sits by and watches it happen. He's not really a man of action, and he doesn't like to be involved in other people's business. In most cases he's a loner, and he rarely follows anyone else's orders. The only ones he ever really pays close attention to are those who are close to him, like his family and his Virus Buster. So therefore he's not really a mean person--he only gets mad at those who offend him; otherwise he tends to be polite, calm, and more on the modest side.
Bio: This particular house in a quiet section of Osaka, Japan held some interesting relationships--or otherwise distances--among its residents. Gon lived there, along with his parents and his sister Ari. Since both parents worked most of the time, neither of the children were really close to their parents--but they were close to each other. When he was about eight years old, he often went out with Ari, and they journeyed all over the place--sometimes even out of town. Fortunately, the city was a pretty safe place then, so Gon and Ari often had lots of fun on their outings.

Even though Gon and Ari had a pretty close friendship, being siblings, they had more alone time as they got older, and their interests were similar but not identical. As far as interests go, Gon was into video games and anime, and Ari was more of a computer person. In fact, their parents were once nice enough to buy Ari a computer, and Gon a plasma TV for their birthdays.

It was Ari that spent much more time alone than Gon. As time went by, even, Gon finally began to get to know his parents better. And, by the time he was at the end of high school, he was surprised to receive a laptop as a graduation present. In the time after he got it, he started talking to Ari more often again--they would then spend time together on the internet for once--a happy summer vacation it was after that.

And then, a few days before Ari's sixteenth birthday, Gon ventured down into Ari's room one day and for the first time found that her door was locked. If that wasn't strange enough, he booted up his laptop one day only to have it freeze. When he restarted the computer after that, he found all files in its hard drive gone. What was going on? If it was a virus, it must have been a very strong one because he had the most advanced anti-virus software on the computer... Then later in the day, he read in the newspaper about these super-powerful viruses called the Independent Killers--must have been one of these that hit his computer.

A few months passed, and Ari's room was still locked. Gon found this rather suspicious... And, he had not been on his computer ever since it crashed. But one day, his parents found the computer and noticed that it had worked again, but the only thing on it was an email... Gon looked at it, and it told him about this sort of game called E-Connect. It involved destroying the Independent Killers with a creature called a Virus Buster. Gon was so happy to have his computer working in the very least, so he downloaded the program and started creating his Virus Buster...

Virus Buster:
Name: Hinomi
Appearance: click here
Personality: Hinomi's personality is just as delicate as his complexion is, and just as stylish as well. If the right "spark" comes, he can be quite energetic and/or spiteful (for example, when involved in a fight), and even under normal circumstances he can show those traits to a milder extent. He's also fussy about his appearance and his overall hygiene (he'd be really upset if he was sprayed by a skunk, for example), and he's picky about other things as well. He's not really good at making friends either, but on certain occasions he will try to. Like Gon, he's not really an active bug, so he won't rush to help someone out of danger. But he can be impatient at times, and he can also be a perfectionist.
Weapons: How can he have any? He doesn't have any hands!
Abilities: Hinomi's mouth is specially built to blow fire. He can use a variety of fire techniques, some of which he will acquire later on... He can also shoot small flames from his wings. But's that's not all of his abilities. His eyes also are the source of a sort of wave of psychic energy, which usually stuns its target or confuses it.
Other: Since Hinomi can't move his mouth that well, he can't really talk--but luckily he can communicate with other Virus Busters using a variation of his psychic-wave-thingy, sort of like sending a telepathic message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:

-"Kyuu no chikara" means "the power of nine"
-As we progress in the RPG, there will be points when your Virus Busters may acquire new abilities...
-We will actually start this RPG in the middle of our Virus Buster creation, and then start the adventure immediately after that.
-This RPG will probably get started tonight or tomorrow, but there are still four more slots left if you still want to participate.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
User:
Name: Saskia Kiedis
Appearance: Saskia will never be seen without a black sleeveless top and light blue jeans. She usually carries a light blue sports bag over her left shoulder. She has a black braclet around her right wrist with a small silver plate that beres her name in it. She has a her blondish brown hair tied in two pony tails that reach just below her shoulders.
Personality: Saskia is very kind and friendly to others except her sister. To everyone, except her sister, she is helpful and will never get in their way. With her sister she lives to get her in trouble so both spend most of their time fighting with each other.
Bio: As she hit her sixteenth birthday she got a new hand-held computer. Soon after she received it she got an e-mail on it off someone she never heard of before. At first she didn't read it but before long her sister stole it when she stayed at her new house and read all her e-mails. She then found out about what the e-mail said. Being sixteen she had moved into the house that she lived in before her mum and sister moved and was still empty.

Virus Buster:
Name: Lilia (lily-a)
Appearance: http://www.imgupload.net/show.php/5669_kittysword.jpg.html
Personality: Lilia is very active ang can be very girly. She is one of those females who goes crazy over pink clothes. Her mind can easily be put away from what she is doing which can be really anoying sometimes. However she can be a very good fighter. She only has to get over her shyness.
Weapons: The long red staff she carries.
Abilities: She has very good eyesight and can fly for a short time.

(can i ask if my Virus Buster has three forms, simply its just a slight change of appearance depending on what she feels like and i'll add pics of her other forms? if not its perfectly fine.)

lisalover

I'm a KA water bunny
Can you reserve a spot for em. I like this RPG but don't have time to fill out a form right now. My sign up will be up sometime tomorrow.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
You are probably all wondering why this RPG hasn't started yet. The answer: I'm currently on a trip that will last for quite a long time, and I have less time on the internet than I had originally anticipated. I'll try to get this RPG started tomorrow night, or hopefully sometime this week. Sorry to keep everyone waiting!

--Crystal Zephyr: Having three forms is fine.

--Lisalover: You're having a similar problem to me!! But oh well... you're reserved anyways.

--There are still three spots open for this RPG.

Gentleman Skeleton

I changed my Virus Buster, Blades around. He's no longer a ninja, but a knight instead. My reasoning is this, why would the son of an Austrian billionare use a ninja as his Virus Buster? I made Blades more appropriate to Otto's personality.

User:

Name:Sakura Takashi

Appearence:Sakura has black waiste length hair and blue eyes. She almost is always wearing a black sleeveless top with a black jacket, dark blue baggy jeans and black boots. She also has a gold necklace with an amethyst in the middle. She is abit over average height and is average weight.

Personality: Sakura is a tom boy. She seems cold but is actually rather nice. If someones in trouble she'll try to help them. Even in the most dangerous of times. She is a bit shy around people she doesn't know well. She is also quite clever passing her tests in flying colors so she was moved up a few grades.

Bio: She lived alone with her parents. She was an only child. She usually hung around with the boys at school. She didn't like the way the other girls acted. The boys didn't really mind that much.

They became close friends later on. She helped tutor them on subjects they didn't understand well but didn't give them the answers. They taught her how to do well in sports and video games. She later moved away.

Her parents later got her a laptop. She was excited from being able to talk to her friends when she would be far away on a vacation. Later on a virus hit her computer so she had to go through the long process of fixing it. When it was back on she had an e-mail about the virus and destroying them with these things called virus busters.

Virus Buster:
Name:Serina

Appearence: Serina has white cat like ears and white waiste length hair. She also has a tail. Her eyes are a kind of red color but seem to change color in certain lights. She wears a black kimono with a red and gold dragon on the back and a pair of simple sandals. It suddenly changes when she goes into battle to a short black robe and black pants, she still has the sandals. Two swords appear at her sides and a quiver and bow appear on her back. She also has angelic like wings but aren't used often only when needed.

Personality:Serina is a lot like her creator. Smart, a tom boy, seems abit cold but nice when you get to know her,brave, and shy when just meeting someone. The only real difference is that she can be girly at times. As in going crazy over cute things.

Weapons: Double swords, bow and arrows, some daggers

Abilities:Serina can fly and she has good speed and hearing

other:her bow has to be put together before it is used and is kept in the quiver for space when she isn't using it

IceWings

Articuno+Subomi Rule
User:
Name: Rylla Yukari

Appearance: Rylla ((Ignore the cat ears. xp))

Personality: Rylla is mischievious, but knows how far she can go before getting in trouble, most of the time. She likes to 'play god' on video games and such, using cheats. She wants to figure out how to hack firewalls so that she can get around the security system that her father's installed on her new computer to keep her from playing to much on the internet.

Bio: Rylla was surfing the internet when her father's computer unexpectedly died. "Oh man," she said under her breath as she desperately tried to reboot the machine. "I'm so totally dead. That wasn't even my compy!"

All afternoon, Rylla stayed in her bedroom, trying to figure out how to restart the computer. Nothing she attempted to do worked, not even unplugging and replugging the computer and monitor. She winced as she heard her mother call her downstairs for dinner.

As Rylla reached the table, she nearly groaned at the look on her mother's face. "What in the world have you been doing this time?" her mother asked, making Rylla cringe.

"I was on the computer." she said, not thinking of a better excuse.
"And what took you so long? You're only allowed to be on there for two hours a day!"

"Um..." Rylla said, and glanced around the table to see if any of her siblings would defend her. None of them did.
At this point, her father spoke up. "Answer your mother's question. Now,
Rylla."

She gulped. "Well, it died. I was trying to reboot it." She said, not finding an excuse.

She told her parents the whole story, at the end of which her mother stared at her and her father just sighed. "There's been things like this happening at work," he said. "But the money for the new computer comes out of your allowance."Now, that upset Rylla. She promised to herself that whatever crashed the computer wouldn't get the better of her again.

The next week a letter arrived from Dr. Zaniac.

Virus Buster:
Name: Rhen

Appearance: Rhen is humanoid, except for the fact that he has two long, spiked protrusions coming from his upper back, which are pointing downwards at a slight angle. They are marbled blue with green tips. Rhen's skin almost resembles scales in some areas, including half of his face. The scale-like portions of skin are tinted with blue. But, the scales are normally unnoticeable. His hair is a blue-silver color.

Personality: Rhen is very rebellious. He barely ever acknowledges the fact that Rylla is telling him what to do, but when he does follow her orders he acts like they were his own idea. Because of this, Rylla and Rhen don't get along so well.
Rhen has a better attitude toward other Virus Busters than he does toward humans. After all, humans have physical boiundaries and can't be hacked, so they're no fun. (Rhen says this, even though he can't change shape and takes hacking attempts as serious offences.)

Weapons: In battle, Rhen uses two small dagger-like objects that he keeps hidden when they're not in use. He can use them in close combat or throw them for a good distance.

Abilities: It is possible for Rhen to momentarily grow spikes in various places around his body. He can also cause rock formations to sprout from the ground, and make small landslides if the terrain is appropriate.

Last edited: